Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The debuffs lasts 30 (or was it 35) seconds, refreshes/stacks roughly every 10 seconds outside the circle and will drop if you spend those 35 seconds inside the circle. Also, it doesn't refresh during Protect/Get Away/Hide, so if you're slow at flushing her out of stealth, stacks might drop anyway.

It also makes it annoying to have no precise timer for her abilities, as you can't really tell if you're supposed to refresh your debuff timer and she Hides two seconds later. Though maybe I'm wrong about that one.

Also, it's not 'melee range', it's 25-30yd from the boss? There's a lot of room inside the circle, which is exactly why Warlock gateways are so nice to quickly reach her during Get Away.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-12-17 at 11:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone explain into details this "stacks" mechanics cus I'm starting to be confused now... oO
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Can anyone explain into details this "stacks" mechanics cus I'm starting to be confused now... oO
    Sure, basically when you stand outside the huge circle of fog around the boss, you get this debuff called Scary Fog that stacks up infinitely, this debuff makes players/protectors/Lei Shi around you take 10% more damage (stacking) and gives you a dot that ticks for more with each stack. This debuff lasts 35 secs and refreshes approximately every 8 seconds as long as the player is outside the circle of fog.

The idea behind this debuff is to help with the enrage timer, you want to have this debuff on the boss or the protector adds as much as possible (anywhere between 4-10 stacks with a near 100% uptime on both things combined is ideal), but NOT on other players especially the tanks, positioning is really important (you need to position yourself so that either the adds or the boss is in your small debuff circle). It's helpful to setup with whatever addon you use to track debuffs on targets to track Scary Fog as well so you know when either the protectors or boss has the debuff.
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2012-12-24 at 04:32 AM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

So we've beat this once on heroic, but trying to repeat it this week with a different comp (get the people in who sat last time) was just not going so well. Most of our problem is protector management, so I was wondering if you guys had any good suggestions for protectors?

I've tried a few schemes like "you guys cc closest to healers, you the next closest, and skull will be whatever is closest to the scary fog people", but of course any time a protector gets by it's a wipe.

Tanks: DK/Monk
    Healers: priest,monk,pally, shaman available (3 healing)
    DPS available: hunter,mage,warlock,shaman, priest-dps, rogue

We could use the warlock portal to give the healers a fade.. but we had success on our first kill with having the two healers taunt and use cds to let tanks drop stack. But now that the protector is under wraps he doesn't tend to output much damage and we could certainly have the tanks stick to taunting only... we tried a bit of everything this week but it just wasn't working out. hm =|

Deleted
    we usually focus the add closest to the boss. any other add close to the group will be feared/banished plus ring of frost. your lock and hunter should CC everything (banish + trap + wyvern sting). the less people do hard cc, the less confusion.

Thank you, I really do appreciate any input.

Deleted
    25 man perspective, we used 3 hunters to stand outside and get stacks. Have 3x Hand of Purity ready to use on them to smoothen out the damage on them so they can get more stacks and win the game.

10 man.

2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps. Stacks are 3 ranged dps. We have a Hunter, Spriest, and Warlock do ours because we don't trust our GM mage. Hunter and Spriest alternate off with stacks on the boss and their need to refresh. Lock is there for the "burn phases" of Get away. He will port in for Get away at his high stacks, then stay in for a burn until his falls off ensuring he doesn't get too high. usually lets them fall off at 16-18ish. Rinse/repeat.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Here's our raid comp: BDK+bear tanks \\ Restosham+Hpal+Rdruid heals \\ hunter+Alock+firemage+Spriest+furywar dps
    Which is the best way dealing with stacks? we've made like 25 pulls and it was 20% at best when she enraged :S

are you sure it stacks infinitely? we put in attempts last night for an hour having our spriest taking the most stacks so on "get away" he'll teleport in, dispersion and with so many stacks itll end in a second or 2 but the highest stack he was able to reach was 20, didnt seem to go up after that.

It doesn't stack indefinitely, 20 is the cap. Also, whoever said it doesn't refresh during hide/protect/get away, the only time it doesn't refresh is during hide. She has timers (cooldown timers though) for her abilities, so you can be pretty safe with hide pretty easily.

I dunno why people think that mages are best for this duty. I think people (and that includes my guild) don't realise that the dps loss from doing this is exactly ZERO(null, 0) for warlock(with kjc of course) and hunter, while as a mage it is quite significant loss (especially if u are arcane with rune of power). By saying that I have to remind people that this fight is actually a dps check of some sort. Let alone the fact that healing a hunter or warlock is much easier than healing a mage (when you have stacks, you take quite some dmg and during get away u can't iceblock it because you'll loose the stacks and probably cause the downtime of the debuff on boss thus a potential enrage wipe)
    Last edited by Makarena; 2012-12-25 at 11:58 AM.

Mages get dps increase by taking damage under Incanter's Ward.

zoltan kulle story bro

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    I dunno why people think that mages are best for this duty. I think people (and that includes my guild) don't realise that the dps loss from doing this is exactly ZERO(null, 0) for warlock(with kjc of course) and hunter, while as a mage it is quite significant loss (especially if u are arcane with rune of power). By saying that I have to remind people that this fight is actually a dps check of some sort. Let alone the fact that healing a hunter or warlock is much easier than healing a mage (when you have stacks, you take quite some dmg and during get away u can't iceblock it because you'll loose the stacks and probably cause the downtime of the debuff on boss thus a potential enrage wipe)
    Mages are generally seen as the better choise due to Blink making them able to zoom right into the correct position instantly during a Get Away.
    As long as you keep the boss in the same position, rune of power should also not be a major dps loss for you - you can keep a rune down on the spot you use to debuff the boss, and on the spot you stack your debuffs up.
    Warlocks can do the same with their portals, mind, but hunters can't. They need the lock to help them regardless.
    Thats not to say that it isn't easy to do as any class, though - I did it last reset as a hunter without any issues, only doing slightly less than our other two hunters (due to having never done the stacks before, and figuring out exactly when I should move, reset, and a very high uptime on deterrence to keep myself alive). The pro's of using a hunter is the 15% reduc from iron hawk. Not sure what warlock is, do they still have soul link reduc?

Well, blink is just as good as portal or disengage. During getaway you don't need to blink into anyone - instead you have to move away from the raid (from ur rune of power btw), because u'll have to sidestep in order not to give whole raid 7 stacks and then your 20stacked tank charges into the boss from another side and gives 20stacks only to boss.

Warlocks have overpowerd absorb shield for ~500k every getaway + shieldwall for "oh shit" every 3mins

Well, blink is just as good as portal or disengage. During getaway you don't need to blink into anyone - instead you have to move away from the raid (from ur rune of power btw), because u'll have to sidestep in order not to give whole raid 7 stacks and then your 20stacked tank charges into the boss from another side and gives 20stacks only to boss.

Warlocks have overpowerd absorb shield for ~500k every getaway + shieldwall for "oh shit" every 3mins
    Isn't Temporal Shield the reason for mages doing it Manito? I thought that was the reason we put Mages on it. It's a better safety net than Lock stuff I think? Not sure.
    Last edited by HamSandwichFace; 2012-12-27 at 01:40 AM.

You're doing it a different way than we are, then. Our raid never even gets close to getting hit by scary fog.
    We position like this:

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤T T¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤S B R¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

(ignore ¤'s, just there due to the fucked up forum).
    Which means that no one ever gets hit by the scary fog, like, ever. I can't make it completly right on a forum post, but the Scary fog (S) is usually a bit lower, so as to not get close to the tank standing there. No one will ever get hit by Scary Fog unless they're being completely derptards and standing on the direct opposite side of what they're supposed to.

If you're doing it the same way, then there's absolutly no reason that you can't keep the exact same position by running forwards, falling a little back, and running forward again, keeping your stacks up on boss without ever hitting the raid? Even strafing from side to side you have PLENTY of space.

tbh draco it doesn't matter if the raid gets hit by a 5-7 stack of scary fog, that can be healed through with AMs and a Rallying. the dmg is only ever dangerous if a 20 stack gets on the raid and even then we've healed through it :P

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    tbh draco it doesn't matter if the raid gets hit by a 5-7 stack of scary fog, that can be healed through with AMs and a Rallying. the dmg is only ever dangerous if a 20 stack gets on the raid and even then we've healed through it :P
    I didn't say it was an issue that it's done differently. I'm saying that the reason your mage seems to think that they're less obvious stackers than say, warlocks, due to moving from their rune, is because of the specific tactic you're using - not because they're actually worse :P. And I'm sure most guilds progressing on Lei Shi currently would much prefer NOT having to deal with getting hit by a 5-7 stack during a get away, as opposed to just dealing with it, when the solution is as simple as just making the raid stand on a different side than the stackers.
    Your tactic works, but it is by no means suited for a guild that's progressing Lei Shi at this point. It's suited for a raid that brutally overgears/overskills the encounter, and got it down easily in the first reset it was aviable, on an early pull before much testing could be done to sort out kinks in the strategy.