Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Honestly, if I was playing any sort of Pro or Compedative sport, and my opponent was not giving it 100%, I would be personally insulted.

If the other guy / team can thrash me, he / she / they can thrash me. I think it is insulting to believe that my opponent is expected to give me free shots at appearing to be good in the name of "sportsmanship". That's not Sportsmanship, thats freaking pity, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You know, you make it sound like they stoped moving just so the other team could literally get a score in, and that would be sad. Truthfully, whatever they "did" to allow them to score, what the fuck is the point? Why in the hell (not only should but) WOULD you "go easy" on someone? I really don't get why you should feel the need to go light on someone because they suck.

I can't fathom another guy saying a soccer team had a rule saying if you are up 5 goals you CAN'T score another until the other team gets one. What happens if you say "fuck it I'm scoring a 6th" do they make you forfeit or penalize you or something?

This is some of the most asinine kind of stuff I've ever read.
    Speaking of hilarious stuff, aperently you can get charged for IDON'TKNOWWHAT if you score in a dodgey manner. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20436292
    So yea, aperently there are things you're not supposed to do but I do find it completely nuts that you'll actually get punished for it by the FIFA

Edit: I'm not saying I think that's how it should be, I was just pointing out that's the way people generally think about it in NL

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shaktar one was bad sportsmanship. When the ball is put out of play to stop the game to attend to injury, the other side tends to give the ball back to the goalkeeper, resetting play.

The guy latched on a free ball and scored an easy goal.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    The Shaktar one was bad sportsmanship. When the ball is put out of play to stop the game to attend to injury, the other side tends to give the ball back to the goalkeeper, resetting play.

The guy latched on a free ball and scored an easy goal.
    Yeah, pretty much a douche move as far as I'm concerned. But just winning cause you're much better isn't in my book!

107-0 thats sad

Survival of the fittest is law. Everything society does tries to move us away from that law, tries to even things out for the weaker, slower, less intelligent. I am not here to say it is right or wrong, just kinda laying it out - and this sporting event shows it at its best. The winning team did not follow societies "be nice" rules... and tonight they will be feasting on gazelle (ha in this case more like wildebeasts). Who is to say which way is right, we know which way is nice - but is nice right? does it prepare you for the real fight? Again, I'm not trying to say which is right here - but the tiger and lion do not have fangs, claws, muscles and speed to look pretty. They are the tools (time, evolution, god) that have been given to them to survive and prosper and we surely have tools also given to us for the same reason. Should we hold back when it seems the matchup is not fair? Is life supposed to be fair?

I like philosophy so I just put this out there to see what anyone out there thinks.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-12-16 at 04:14 PM.

Speaking of girls' basketball teams, does anyone know if there is an anime series besides Ro-Kyu-Bu focusing on female basketball?

I know there are plenty focusing on males such as Slam Dunk, Kuroko no Basuke and Real! but there don't seem to be many about girls' sports in general. Baseball's pretty much in the same boat, there's a bunch like Touch, Big Windup, Major, etc. but only Taisho Baseball Girls I've found showing a female team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't necro threads, feel free to start a new thread on your topic however.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.