Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Interesting video. Three kinds of Horde represented by three leaders. But what about the other leaders? Where do they fit?

Vengeance Horde :
    Garrosh is alone. His Horde is the Orcish Horde, the other races are there to serve the Orcs.

Refuge Horde :
    Thrall, Baine, Vol'jin. The three original race from WCIII made an alliance just for that. A lot of Tauren seem to support Garrosh though. For now.

Horde of Convenience :
    Sylvanas, for obvious reasons.
    Lor'themar Theron : The Blood Elves are in the Horde to help their defence. They have no real attachment to it and its values. However, they are more inclined to support the Refuge Horde leaders.
    Galliwyx : He's in the Horde simply to save his skin, as we see in the Goblin starting zone. The Goblins would sell their own mothers if there was a profit to get from it. They are now closer to Garrosh, but that could quickly change if the winds shift.

So Garrosh is pretty much alone right now...

As for Sylvanas, I don't think this video means that we will see her do something important soon. She's used more as a symbol. I don't say that she wont, just that I don't know for sure from this video. Like another said, I could see the Undead story get some developpement in Arathi. I would love to see Danath Trollbane come back in Stromgarde. Simply a wish, not a prediction.
    Yes i think ur right, altho i hope sylvanas does something, like go to silvermoon discuss with her former race(kinda) in some form how she hates garrosh. But realy she doesn't realy need a reason look at silverphine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Yes i think ur right, altho i hope sylvanas does something, like go to silvermoon discuss with her former race(kinda) in some form how she hates garrosh. But realy she doesn't realy need a reason look at silverphine.
    Well, except that the battle of Gilneas came to a standstill.

what is horde?

to gank the noobs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their gnomes.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Well, except that the battle of Gilneas came to a standstill.
    pretty much the fate of most battles between the Horde and Alliance
    Either stalemates or a constant back and forth
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    pretty much the fate of most battles between the Horde and Alliance
    Either stalemates or a constant back and forth
    Except for places which in the end fall to one side, like Azshara, WPL, just to name a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    what is horde?

to gank the noobs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their gnomes.
    I thought alliance did that too.. to the gnomes.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    They didn't intend to die either when they were alive.
    Now it's worse for them as we're aware Sylvanas really doesn't give a toss about her people.
    Some of you people really do not give sylvanas enough credit or clearly have no done their research / played the undead zones 1-30

FYI during the war with gilneas a squad of forsaken soldiers were lead into an ambush in the mine, you report back the news and sylvanas says something along the lines of finding out their names and have all of their names put on a plaque or something to be honored like that ( this is just from memory haven't played wow in over a year)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    Some of you people really do not give sylvanas enough credit or clearly have no done their research / played the undead zones 1-30

FYI during the war with gilneas a squad of forsaken soldiers were lead into an ambush in the mine, you report back the news and sylvanas says something along the lines of finding out their names and have all of their names put on a plaque or something to be honored like that ( this is just from memory haven't played wow in over a year)
    Who needs things like these when you can jump on a bandwagon? "Lol Sylvanas be crazy bitch hurr durr".

I myself just can't wait to see how it's solved. I love Forsaken and Blood Elves for the most interesting and controversial characters. Try reading "In the shadow of the sun" short story about Lor'themar. It's great. Kael'thas was also an awesome character until devs wiped their asses with his story by turning him into evil madman world dominator.

Whatever it was before and for whatever reason it was founded, the horde is a force to be reckoned with.
    It is a force that helps in keeping Azeroth in Balance, together with the Alliance.
    Whenever a real big threat threatens Azeroth, neither the alliance nor the horde is enough to guard Azeroth, they have to unite.

My feeling is that Wrathion is gonna show that both factions are there to balance out the other one and that there is no threat once they start co-existing.
    United we where able to defeat demons, Lick King and Death Wing.

10+ Year Old Account

Go read her short story. It makes it clear that that she never cared and still doesn't, the only thing that's changed is how she plans on using them.

10+ Year Old Account
    A wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Go read her short story. It makes it clear that that she never cared and still doesn't, the only thing that's changed is how she plans on using them.
    her short story was set before the events of cataclysm though. I think we can blame blizzard for sending mixed signals the people who write the short stories and lore in and out of game dont communicate enough lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    The Horde exists because without banding together, each race would not be able to fend for themselves against a xenophobic Alliance. Much like the Regent Lord of Quel'Thalas once said: The Horde exists -because- of the Alliance.
    Can you please remind me when this evil Alliance attacked orcs, trolls, tauren, or goblins first to give them idea that they need to band together with someone to defend? Also please explain what magic gnomes, dwarves, night/high elves and alien draenei use to escape Alliance's xenophobic wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    her short story was set before the events of cataclysm though. I think we can blame blizzard for sending mixed signals the people who write the short stories and lore in and out of game dont communicate enough lol
    I find that very hard to believe when the person who wrote the Sylvanas short story is also the lead quest designer

Did it cross your mind that she would "honour the dead" to keep her people happy? She says it herself, she doesn't care for them.
    The fact it was set just before the Cataclysm has absolutely no holding on this story, how would it suddenly change her opinion?

She is evil and doesn't care for her people. She admits it to herself that they are just there to stop her from dying so that she doesn't have to go to this "void" or hell or whatever the bad afterlife in WoW is referred to by.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-21 at 01:28 PM.

She is evil and doesn't care for her people. She admits it to herself that they are just there to stop her from dying so that she doesn't have to go to this "void" or hell or whatever the bad afterlife in WoW is referred to by.
    Its a symbiotic relationship.

Deleted
    First of all, me playing the Horde in World of Warcraft is very unusual for my gaming preferences. In almost every other "choose your side" game, I side with the sophisticated, lawful, and grand faction. This includes the Empire in Skyrim. Yet, when I began playing WoW, the spiritual and sympathetic appeal of the Horde made me choose THEM.

You see, what drew to me to the Horde was how it was a band of survivors, refusing to be oppressed, and uniting to make themselves a home in Azeroth. I respect the Alliance's goal, but whenever I try to play Alliance the self-righteousness just seems to ooze out of the very quest text that faction. Despite its war-like tendencies, besides its aggressive behaviour, besides its brutality, I am a proud member of the TRUE Horde - Thrall's Horde. Not Garrosh's war-machine.