Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Cool WHAT is Horde? (spoiler)

Put in the spoiler for those who haven't started the 2nd part of Legendary quest from Pandaria, Horde side.

This movie confirms one thing, we will definetly see Sylvannas act during this expansion.

So the question to the crowd today, as Wrathion stated:

What IS the Horde?

Is it an instrument of vengeance, hellbent to carve out a future for its people? (which Garrosh is trying to accomplish through his all-out war)
    Is it a refuge for those who need shelter, a commonwealth of the downtrodden, built for mutual support? (what Thrall started and now returns to make sure it stays that way)
    Or is it an alliance of convenience, a confederacy of unlikely partners free to pursue their own agendas? (as the Dark Lady lets the main forces of both side clash, she schemes in the background for a greater plan)

What is the SOUL of the Horde?

Horde is a pawn, nothing more. Unstable, but usefull.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed how, when he implied 'is the horde an instrument of vengeance', is shows Garrosh, but when he asks 'or is it a refuge for the downtrodden?' it shows Thrall appear, implying a very different horde the one Garrosh has in mind for it.
    And of course, it shows Sylvanas with 'an alliance of convenience'.

Thrall, Sylvanas and Garrosh represent three faces of the horde.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 07:31 PM ----------

I think what this implies is how the horde is currently so divided in its pursuits. I believe blizzard has watched the wow forums, and realized these are the three aspects of what people look for in the horde, the fans who want a brutal, warmongering leader who borders on evil tyrant, those who want a more peaceful leader who seeks to lessen the bloodshed of his people, and those of who simply want an insane bitch for a leader.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    This movie confirms one thing, we will definetly see Sylvannas act during this expansion.
    ?
    care to point how where that proves that?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    care to point how where that proves that?
    Because she represents one of the faces of the horde.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Very awesome.
    I think the part that probably struck me the most was when Wrathion compared his own parental grief to Garrosh's.

I'm not sure about the Sylvanas stuff though. If her current actions are anything to go by she will only make matters for the Horde worse on Pandaria with all the plaguing and Necromancy.
    I'm not sure if now's the right time for her to show up, I think she's done far too much evil that I feel her story progression would be better suited to the conflict in the EK rather than Pandaria. Although given how Dalaran was not part of Pandaria there's a chance we may just see that, my hope is a battle in Arathi between the Forsaken and Danath along with Stromgarde.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    and those of who simply want an insane bitch for a leader.
    I'll admit that gave me a giggle. She has become that yes.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-13 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Very awesome.
    I think the part that probably struck me the most was when Wrathion compared his own parental grief to Garrosh's.

I'm not sure about the Sylvanas stuff though. If her current actions are anything to go by she will only make matters for the Horde worse on Pandaria with all the plaguing and Necromancy.
    I'm not sure if now's the right time for her to show up, I think she's done far too much evil that I feel her story progression would be better suited to the conflict in the EK rather than Pandaria. Although given how Dalaran was not part of Pandaria there's a chance we may just see that, my hope is a battle in Arathi between the Forsaken and Danath along with Stromgarde.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 08:39 PM ----------

I'll admit that gave me a giggle. She has become that yes.
    Now wouldn't that be interesting, Jaina's now head on hostility with the horde has her using dalaran to try and force the forsaken from there land, and leading to an all out battle between undercity and silvermoon forces against dalaran.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    For me, the New Horde is a faction which was created to be a temporary shelter for it's races untill their needs are furfilled. However, the Alliance is keeping them from suceeding in that.

Deleted
    Sylvanas could be a great leader of the horde, if she wasn't so focused on vengeance. though i guess with the lich kig dead she might be a bit calmer, would love to see her taking more of a leading role.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Sylvanas could be a great leader of the horde, if she wasn't so focused on vengeance. though i guess with the lich kig dead she might be a bit calmer, would love to see her taking more of a leading role.
    You seem to forget what she did in the Cataclysm leveling zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Gave some dead people another chance at life? That's so mean!

Deleted

in silverpine? thats the undead way. they have no way to reproduce, they need new members some how.

She put some fleabags, farmers and other serfs out of their misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Gave some dead people another chance at life? That's so mean!
    Since when is being raised from the dead into a state of damnation and knowing if you die again you will never find peace a good thing?
    #boycottchina

Since when is being raised from the dead into a state of damnation and knowing if you die again you will never find peace a good thing?
    Because they dont intend to die again.

10+ Year Old Account
    in silverpine? thats the undead way. they have no way to reproduce, they need new members some how.
    So because it's "the undead way" mass slaughter, enslavement and necromancy are suddenly okay? She sees her people as nothing but puppets as with the rest of the Horde.
    She's become a villain, there is absolutely no doubt about it.
    They're going to to have to tread very lightly with her story to not make her turn out as a character who is untouchable because of her position as a racial leader and thus becomes boring, stale and a thorn in the Horde's story. While leaders dying is normally a problem, the fact is that the Horde have lost one and will lose another soon so for them to lose another (no matter how deserving) would be a little overkill at this moment.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They didn't intend to die either when they were alive.
    Now it's worse for them as we're aware Sylvanas really doesn't give a toss about her people.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-13 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    *drops a gnome nuke on a forsaken town*
    some don't have a choice, after all, you love the idea of war.
    #boycottchina

*drops a gnome nuke on a forsaken town*
    some don't have a choice, after all, you love the idea of war.
    I love the idea of war that can be finished. Stalemate gets boring.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    there are "other" ways, as shown in Hillsbrad, but the results may not be the best..........
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    there are "other" ways, as shown in Hillsbrad, but the results may not be the best..........
    Valkyr are only temporary solution, anyone can see that. More research is needed.