Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garrosh The Last Warchief

I was discussing with my guild mates about who will take over as warchief the usual names was bandied around till it dawned on me

Garrosh could actually be the last warchief

I feel the leaders after the rebellion will feel giving so much power to one individual is dangerous and that the horde needs to have a council where no one leader has the power to dominate the others and each leader has a equal say

It would be insane of them to overthrow garrosh only for another to take his place in the future

The Horde leadership needs to be overhauled so it never suffers from what the horde has always suffered from poor leadership

Now i still believe that thrall will go back to being the orcs racial leader but the title of warchief will be permentanly retired imo and replaced with a council that has checks and balances on power

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal belief is that the Horde's government will be restructured so that there is a Warchief of the Horde, and the orcs' Warchief, with all the racial leaders acting as advisers for the Warchief of the Horde.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think we'll just see a war council where all the faction leaders have an equal saying and i see the alliance going towards more of a 1 person in charge heirarchy

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    My personal belief is that the Horde's government will be restructured so that there is a Warchief of the Horde, and the orcs' Warchief, with all the racial leaders acting as advisers for the Warchief of the Horde.
    isnt that how its always been
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I think they might form a council of sorts and the Warchief would be the leader, but he wouldn't be able to declare war without the majority of the races agreeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    isnt that how its always been
    No, currently the Warchief of the Horde and the orcs' Warchief are one in the same. The system I described, they would be different roles with the Warchief of the Horde potentially coming from any of the Horde races.

edit: I'm also thinking the Horde might end up reorganized into a meritocracy, since Garrosh was given the role of Warchief when he was blatantly not ready for life in the political world despite his (informed) military prowess. He had no merits as a political leader and all the wrong merits for a military dictator. Backlash from his rule may see that changed so if you don't earn the role, you don't get the post.
    Last edited by Thage; 2012-12-13 at 08:21 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is councils are never councils. The leaders will still hang out in their own city, and the orcs will still need a leader.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm fairly certain that blizzard has said something along the lines of 'the next warchief may not be someone you expect', and I'm pretty sure that with the alliance having a leader, the horde should follow suite and have an iconic leader as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Thrall comes back and keeps the orcs in check, but all the leaders of the horde come together on equal footing there after, I would be happy with that.

To say the horde is more then the warchief would have real meaning given what Garrosh did. The only issue of course is how to do deal with the forsaken, if someone isn't keeping sylvanas in check.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    No, currently the Warchief of the Horde and the orcs' Warchief are one in the same. The system I described, they would be different roles with the Warchief of the Horde potentially coming from any of the Horde races.

edit: I'm also thinking the Horde might end up reorganized into a meritocracy, since Garrosh was given the role of Warchief when he was blatantly not ready for life in the political world despite his (informed) military prowess. He had no merits as a political leader and all the wrong merits for a military dictator. Backlash from his rule may see that changed so if you don't earn the role, you don't get the post.
    Warchief is an orc thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything it will take a "council " approach, but Garrosh was just.. Bad.. you can't get someone worse than him leading the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    If anything it will take a "council " approach, but Garrosh was just.. Bad.. you can't get someone worse than him leading the Horde.
    Sylvanas for example would be worse.

"Bring back" Varok Saurfang as Orc leader IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every horde toon at max level should get to vote in the first ever MMO in game election.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If Thrall comes back and keeps the orcs in check, but all the leaders of the horde come together on equal footing there after, I would be happy with that.

To say the horde is more then the warchief would have real meaning given what Garrosh did. The only issue of course is how to do deal with the forsaken, if someone isn't keeping sylvanas in check.
    Off topic, but your signature is weird. What is it?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waobarbar View Post
    i think we'll just see a war council where all the faction leaders have an equal saying]
    so then wtf happens when everyone wants to do somethin a different way?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Off topic, but your signature is weird. What is it?
    Weird like it looks like a bunch of guys pleasuring each other in the snow wearing nothing but Santa hats... or weird like the feeling you got when you used to climb the rope in gym class, weird?

I feel that they could remove the "warchief" as the "mastermind behind the horde", and just make "warchief" the leader of the orcs, basically making the warchief on the same level as the other leaders.

Same thing should happen with the Alliance. Varian should only be "leader of the humans".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    so then wtf happens when everyone wants to do somethin a different way?
    Compromise, just like in the real world -.-

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 08:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    What, exactly, does "good" leadership look like, then? The Horde doesn't fuck up ever again?

Sounds incredibly boring.
    How so? Horde gets smart, Alliance gets an Emperor. That will be the Alliance's turn to fuck up because a bloody "High King" is synonymous with an Emperor, not a Supreme Allied commander (like Saurfang during Might of Kalimdor).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Compromise, just like in the real world -.-
    That will make people only half happy, and half dissapointed/angry