Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I'm guessing because there's like 409 gear that's avaliable at level 80 give or take a few ilevel. The scaling of this would be INSANE!
    The 2h sword (Bjam's Door-Breaker, iirc) gives over 15% hit on its own. So yeah.

Deleted
    Here's the remaining 3 videos from our heroic kills

And we'll be progressing on the last 3 bosses sometime soon.

Do it without cheapening yourself with over inflated post expansion items to get your stats that high.... o wait you can't.

Not impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    --snip--
    That was quite the diatribe for what was unfortunately a red herring. (Yes, I just now went back and saw this) It was educational and factual, yes, but nobody was questing how stat scaling from leveling works. It was about the final damage of each attack and the jump from ~ilvl400/85 to ~ilvl480/90 was massive.

What I meant was, during Dragon Soul heroic gear levels were between 400-416. The stats on that gear didn't push almost anyone above 50k DPS and those that were higher almost always had legendary weapons and/or were the more OP specs of the day. (Shadow Priests and Fire Mages, specifically) Right now, with anywhere from 2x to 2.5x the primary stat and AP/SP, the requirements for Garalon (N) is 75k from each DPS and potentially a lot of padding to make up for the non-attacking healers.

If you had a raid group with several DPS pulling a consistent >70k on Heroic Ultraxion he'd have been dead so fast the last "dragon buff" may not have had time even appear. (EDIT: Pre-Nerf, in 10m with 6 DPS it would require 40k DPS, not counting tank or Atonement, to bring him down before Enrage.)
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-19 at 05:32 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Do it without cheapening yourself with over inflated post expansion items to get your stats that high.... o wait you can't.

Not impressive
    Great, because we didn't do this to impress. This is the kind of thing our guild does for fun and we thought we'd share it here for anyone that might be interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post

Not impressive
    So butt hurt. Aelobin and his guild are sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a level 80-84 twink guild on my server, and we have several people who have gone through DS. I doubt they've done heroic mode though. They also did firelands, though I guess that's not as impressive as DS lol. Unfortunately they do these raids while I'm at work -_- So I've yet to give them a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Continuing our level 80 heroic progress on the remaining 3 DS bosses soon. Stream will be live at: http://www.twitch.tv/nezikkk

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 11:16 PM ----------

We got Blackhorn down but unfortunately the save bugged out and wouldn't let us start Spine

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post

The highest ilvl you can wear at 80 is... 277 for heroic ICC gear, 284 for heroic Lich King weapons and heroic Ruby Sanctum gear. Possibly a few early cata quest items with slightly higher ilvls, but probably not even that.
    I am always amazed that people state things as facts when they aren't true and it takes 2 minutes to find te truth

http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=...e=400;maxrl=80
    "Peace is a lie"

Haha I love all the people who "aren't impressed" or should I say are jealous.

I was reading a while ago that a level 80 Death Knight solo'd (what I think is) World First level 80 solo Heroic 25 man LK. There were a lot of sensible people congratulating him and whatnot, but the amount of people posting stupid comments was ridiculous.

This is the same thing.

a) Completing raid content meant for raid groups 5 levels higher is impressive.
    b) Getting a whole raid together with that type of gear is impressive.

How is this not a great achievement? Please, before you post stupid comments, link YOUR video of the kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it isn't impressive. This is not about being butt-hurt, this is about how challenging was all of this? To do this, you need time, motivation, and dedication to even commit yourselves to this. That I can agree is awesome and I like it but the challenge (pve wise) isn't there. The fact that the tank can avoid most of the hits from level 85 bosses while in that level is 80 is just insane and unfair. He just showed a video of soloing heroic Baleroc. That's more than enough proof of how fucked up Blizzard's system is.

Now there will always be various opinions on what challenge is but this isn't challenge, its just "get yourselves to this level, get this blue level 80 gear that has level 85-90 stats on it, and voila very little afterwards". And yes, I realize the irony in that statement.

When did anybody say this was meant to be impressive?

It's cool. I'm making an 80 DK for the same thing myself after seing this. It's fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueektheWeek View Post
    pretty sure crushing blows have been gone since wotlk launched
    No, it was just a simple change that caused crushing blows to be dealt by mobs 4 lvls higher, rather then the previous 3 lvls higher. Its pretty easy to see if you are taking on mobs that are significatnly higher then you (I.E lvl 35 mobs as a lvl 20), as most of thier melee attacks are crushing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    But it isn't impressive. This is not about being butt-hurt, this is about how challenging was all of this? To do this, you need time, motivation, and dedication to even commit yourselves to this. That I can agree is awesome and I like it but the challenge (pve wise) isn't there. The fact that the tank can avoid most of the hits from level 85 bosses while in that level is 80 is just insane and unfair. He just showed a video of soloing heroic Baleroc. That's more than enough proof of how fucked up Blizzard's system is.

Now there will always be various opinions on what challenge is but this isn't challenge, its just "get yourselves to this level, get this blue level 80 gear that has level 85-90 stats on it, and voila very little afterwards". And yes, I realize the irony in that statement.
    The issue is defining what is a "challenge". We're taking those 80 chars to the limit, and despite the videos, we wiped quite a lot on almost every boss (in addition to re-deriving tactics for each of them). You can't just say it's not hard without defining what "hard" is.

WoW isn't a difficult game in the solo context, it's working as a team that provides problems, just because the reaction time is longer, and the strategy requirement is much simpler than other genres of game. Simply put, "challenge" is subjective.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    but one caveat was the higher hit caps since the bosses count as level 88s (we estimated 20% hit + 20% exp for melee and 70% hit for ranged).
    I dunno if this has already been addressed, but this sounds very weird to me. "Skull" level bosses are considered to be 3 levels above the player. Not 3 levels above the level the instance was designed for. Let's say you go into a lvl 60 raid, with your lvl 90 character. The bosses aren't gonna count as 63, they will count as 93 when it comes to the hit table.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I dunno if this has already been addressed, but this sounds very weird to me. "Skull" level bosses are considered to be 3 levels above the player. Not 3 levels above the level the instance was designed for. Let's say you go into a lvl 60 raid, with your lvl 90 character. The bosses aren't gonna count as 63, they will count as 93 when it comes to the hit table.
    We experienced 2 things that made it very easy for us to figure out that the bosses were more than 3 levels higher:
    - Some attacks from a hit-capped level 80 were missing
    - An avoidance capped level 80 tank was taking hits

I think the minimum level a raid boss can be is 3 levels higher than you (which explains why 90s still need to be hitcapped against a boss in MC), but there's no maximum level (the boss can be more than 3 levels higher than you).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey! You make MogIt! My favorite tool ever! :D

On topic, that's way cool and looks really fun. ^^

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    We experienced 2 things that made it very easy for us to figure out that the bosses were more than 3 levels higher:
    - Some attacks from a hit-capped level 80 were missing
    - An avoidance capped level 80 tank was taking hits

I think the minimum level a raid boss can be is 3 levels higher than you (which explains why 90s still need to be hitcapped against a boss in MC), but there's no maximum level (the boss can be more than 3 levels higher than you).
    Fair enough. Pretty unknown subject going into raids with low lvl characters since it's always been impossible in the past, and there's never been such ridiculous twink gear before either.

Deleted
    Ignore the part where I fail to pickup Blackhorn when he lands

Unfortunately after that, the save bugged out and wouldn't let us start Spine The NPC kept saying "All previous encounters must have been defeated on heroic" even though they were. I guess we'll have to clear it all again if we're going for the full 8/8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    The issue is defining what is a "challenge". We're taking those 80 chars to the limit, and despite the videos, we wiped quite a lot on almost every boss (in addition to re-deriving tactics for each of them). You can't just say it's not hard without defining what "hard" is.

WoW isn't a difficult game in the solo context, it's working as a team that provides problems, just because the reaction time is longer, and the strategy requirement is much simpler than other genres of game. Simply put, "challenge" is subjective.

QFT

Also awesome job once again you epic people Can't wait to see how well you do with Spine/Madness tonight! Good luck!

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||