Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Hey I thought wars were there to bolster your economy with all those arms contracts going out to buddies of the government and whatnot /tinfoilhat
    Its not good for the economy, its good for the lobby. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Sounds like quite a few swedes you get online btw(the complaining) lol
    What is Croatias main industries? I know it's a lovely country for tourists, with a beautiful coastline but not much more.
    I honestly have no idea what the main industries are, we haven't done our country in geography yet (well, we have in 7th grade but i was likely masturbating in class back then or something), doing it next year. All i know is that 70% or so of the GDP is generated by the tertiary sector. 20% of the GDP, as I've said, coming from tourism. Another big thing is ship building.

Edit: Found this:
    The industrial sector is dominated by shipbuilding, food processing, pharmaceuticals, information technology, biochemical and timber industry.
    It's kind of sad, if it weren't for the war, our GDP per capita would be higher than that of the Czech Republic and Slovenia, which are the 2 most developed former-communist countries in Europe. The GDP was literally halved during the war.

10+ Year Old Account
    we're number one! we're number one!

our commie health care must not be so bad after all, eh america?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Thats still 40 % committed by those without a record.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 04:17 AM ----------

Obama's "solution" is horrible. It is still better than what you had before but it has an unneeded middle man, forces people to buy something from a private company and doesn't address cost of care.
    USA healthcare will not see a significant decrease in cost until Americans wake up and live healthier. A large % of people still smoke, obesity is a huge problem. We have people who never drink water, never exercise, never eat fruit & vegetables, the closest thing to fruit they consume is orange and grape soda.

It does not matter what system the US has, healthcare is going to be expensive when people live the way they do here.

And President Obama's solution is brilliant, it will cover everyone who wants coverage, and it has made preventative medicine free of charge ( copays, deductibles ect) and created a path to low cost health insurance. It is up to us Americans to get healthy and live better to finish the task and get costs down.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    we're number one! we're number one!

our commie health care must not be so bad after all, eh america?
    Healthcare isn't the reason were 12.

Our healthcare is top tier in terms of quality; better than any nation with universal healthcare.

Reason we are 12 is because of our corrupt governmen and economy. USA dropped a lot of places because of the economic crisis.
    Last edited by Raidenx; 2012-12-14 at 12:48 PM.

This rank is extremely wrong.

I guess they should not just use numbers and newspaper articles to make their list. They should visit all the countries at least once to see the actual difference.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    This rank is extremely wrong.

I guess they should not just use numbers and newspaper articles to make their list. They should visit all the countries at least once to see the actual difference.
    You have to be more specific when you try to discredit the methodology

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    Healthcare isn't the reason were 12.

Our healthcare is top tier in terms of quality; better than any nation with universal healthcare.

Reason we are 12 is because of our corrupt governmen and economy. USA dropped a lot of places because of the economic crisis.
    I think it was Trade who pointed out that it was mostly due to health EXPENDITURE which was also the reason Luxembourg was number 1.

Deleted
    Romania, crappiest EU country, ranked 60. Well done Romania, you failed even more then last year, now even Bulgaria is over us, and over us by a lot. Even Kazahstan and Mongolia are better then my country. To be honest... sounds about right.

Ah, there we go:
    48 51 58 60

Romania, dropping in rank since it entered the chart. The only country in EU with the orange personal freedom. Sounds good, we're borderline authoritarian since 2008 and the movement between income types is restricted.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-12-14 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arbitrary surveys are arbitrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Romania, crappiest EU country, ranked 60. Well done Romania, you failed even more then last year, now even Bulgaria is over us, and over us by a lot. Even Kazahstan and Mongolia are better then my country. To be honest... sounds about right.
    To be fair... Kazakhstan greatest country in the world, all other countries are run by little girls

Deleted
    I have no fucking clue who the organization that conducted this survey is. Never heard of them.

Don't take these rankings too seriously.

To be fair... Kazakhstan greatest country in the world, all other countries are run by little girls
    That's not even getting into how amazing their potassium is. All the other countries have inferior potassium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the 2000 WHO report, how you weight different parts of the "formula" will have a massive impact on the conclusions. So while I'm sure its well thought out. I doubt its results couldn't be challenged effectively.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I have no fucking clue who the organization that conducted this survey is. Never heard of them.

Don't take these rankings too seriously.
    But but we are on top!

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That's not even getting into how amazing their potassium is. All the other countries have inferior potassium.
    I hear they have a great swimming pool - with a filtration system a marvel to behold.

I think it was Trade who pointed out that it was mostly due to health EXPENDITURE which was also the reason Luxembourg was number 1.
    Yeah expenditure per person had two separate weighted scores for the ranking and the US is 6x higher than the global average. Most of the rest of it was pretty standard.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Cant believe people actually fund studies like these

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Cant believe people actually fund studies like these
    Why not? Gives countries that rank worse an incentive to improve. Rankings like these and credit ratings are all over the news in my country all the time and they actually affect what the government does.

Anyways, if your country was #1 you wouldn't be complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Why not? Gives countries that rank worse an incentive to improve. Rankings like these and credit ratings are all over the news in my country all the time and they actually affect what the government does.

Anyways, if your country was #1 you wouldn't be complaining.
    On a side note, LOL@credit ratings. If there's anything that the last few years should have shown us, it's that these ratings are pulled directly from the asses of ratings organizations, and aren't tethered to anything meaningful.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Not too shabby. Could be better, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    On a side note, LOL@credit ratings. If there's anything that the last few years should have shown us, it's that these ratings are pulled directly from the asses of ratings organizations, and aren't tethered to anything meaningful.
    I agree to be honest. They sometimes make such silly arbitrary choices based on no real economic indicators.