10+ Year Old Account

They should change the name of the Alliance?

Hey everyone, ok I have been thinking about this for a while now...we all know or at least most of us know that Varian will be the high king very soon which means something similar to a Warchief title for the Alliance side...However I really disagree with this appoarch toward the Alliance.

I disagree because what makes the Alliance different and unique from the Horde is having every leader of his own Kingdom working together and forge an Alliance the definition of it's name that it means a grp of undepended leaders banded together to get stronger. But, now with the high king thingy it's kinda very very similar to the Horde which doesn't fit to be called an Alliance to be honest.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Metzen clear up that "High King" wouldn't be like the warchief position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Hmm not sure tbh never heard anything about that. the only thing I heard from Metzen that he said all the leaders of the Alliance will absolutly follow Varian because he will be the high king which means de facto leader of the blues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hmm not sure tbh never heard anything about that. the only thing I heard from Metzen that he said all the leaders of the Alliance will absolutly follow Varian because he will be the high king which means de facto leader of the blues.
    I managed to dig up a tweet he made about it.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...59705844957184

Not sure how your thread title is a question. Sounds more like a statement to me.

I managed to dig up a tweet he made about it.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...59705844957184
    This, and the next day Dave Kosak made a similar statement.

The basic idea seems to be the "High King" position is simply the same thing as the old Supreme Allied Commander title, except that the holder happens to also run a kingdom. Back when the Supreme Allied Commander position was first created, many of the constituent members of the Alliance hated each other only slightly less then they hated the Orcs (and in the case of Alterac, not even that), so naturally didn't want a rival monarch commanding their armies. The much more tight-nit Alliance of today lacks this problem, allowing Varian to command the combined military strength of the Alliance without significant challenge.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Yes, but, you could see the stink lines and flies buzzing around his "clarification". You could also see the bull which deposited it ambling away.

fix to this... Let General Turaylon be General again!!
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?