Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played destro for Heroic Tsulong, had fun. Zumzum makes great videos, watch his if you want to learn destro better.

Deleted
    I played Destro in cata and loved it. When they simplified it in mop I lost interest, mostly because it's not as exciting.
    I played Destro during all Cata and now during all T14, it is much more exciting than before imo.
    Sure your single target rotation doesn't have many spells involved, but you get to play the "Align buffs with Chaos Bolts" minigame. And as soon as you get additionnal targets it becomes really great and you can get out of control.
    Look at some of my videos like Protectors or Tsulong and tell me this doesn't look fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Agree, but 10man guild ftl. Too few adds for consistent aoe..
    i guess u killed heroic garajal like last week? Probably because there is no way you got it when it was still hard a couple of months ago with that brain power.....
    On 10 man affliction can SOLO the spirit realm every single time possible for the warlock to go in... you have so much self healing and multi dot + drain soul with drain soul glyph... its impossible to fail. How are you killing hc content without knowing your own class?! IDK MUST BE CARRIED.
    I hate people that get carried. ty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    How are you killing hc content without knowing your own class?! IDK MUST BE CARRIED.
    Ehm, so much anger for you Mr. Potter - show us some logs of your guild to see YOU are not the one which is gettin carried. MF on Tier6 is the key for this fight, esp. for destru spec (RoF,Fnb:Immo,Fnb:Conflag;Fnb:Inc-Havoc&SB finish adds as usual), which is really op here. One last question:

You´re really using Drain Soul Glyph?!?! Sry, but this post must written on an iphone in the christmas trollin train. If you aren´t in the position to give him usefull tips move on and use these forums "read mode" only, like EJ was in good times ...

Merry christmas everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    i guess u killed heroic garajal like last week? Probably because there is no way you got it when it was still hard a couple of months ago with that brain power.....
    On 10 man affliction can SOLO the spirit realm every single time possible for the warlock to go in... you have so much self healing and multi dot + drain soul with drain soul glyph... its impossible to fail. How are you killing hc content without knowing your own class?! IDK MUST BE CARRIED.
    Our guild got 10th in the world for Garajal HC 10-man and I didn't do much damage on the adds as Affliction. My guildies encouraged me to go back up asap because many of them did a better job on adds while I raped the overall DPS meter. You have to be basically sit alone on adds to get good damage on them and I doubt many guilds did it that way.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the earliest strats was sent the Destro lock in solo to cleave all the adds and regen health + embers with glyphed Shadowburn. Destro could do everything aff could in the shadow realm, only quicker and better. The only thing that has changed since then for many guilds, including ours, is we send a healer down too with the lock once in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelleous View Post
    If you are not in a super serious raiding guild ths comment holds no merit. SLIGHTLY less dps to enjoy playing your toon is well founded. I hate the new affliction but love the new destro play style. I don't serious raid at all anymore and on most fights I do better with destro mainly because aff is easy to screw up timing on things.
    That's exactly it, the reworking in mop left Affy feeling terribly static and as unplayable/clunky as Demo did for so long while Destro now has the raw numbers to back up a fun and flowing playstyle. the most can say is..keep a backup spec for the handful of encounters where destro might flag behind more severely? otherwise don't worry about it. Whats good in the sims and for world-first and pack leader raiders is in now way whats best for Joe Average slogging it out in the 10 and 25-mans

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if you play Destruction right it can perform competitively against Demonology single-target, although Affliction still has the advantage in that area. In my current gear Destro indeed sims higher than Demonology single-target (by a whopping 300~ dps). On cleave fights it has the potential to be the most powerful of the specs. I followed the BiS sims (simulationcraft, noxxic, etc) too closely and kind of turned my eye away from Destruction. That was a mistake. It is visually the most fun (imo) spec to play and can be very competitive. I've been watching some of Brusalk's kill videos and he can put out some impressive numbers. My advice is to just play Destruction if it's what you like. If you push every ounce of DPS out (saving CBs for procs/CDs, working in RoF, using Havoc intelligently, simming your character regularly, etc) you'll definitely put out high numbers.