Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's the current FOTM class/spec?

Just got laid off for the season, thinking of diving back into WoW for the winter. What can I faceroll with for the next 4 months?

warrior, feral, mage, any healer but disc/monk

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior, Mage, Resto shammy are all strong right now, but play whatever you want to really. Everything is pretty up in the air and with 5.2 probably coming to the PTR in the next month or so, going to see a lot of class changes.

Feral then warrior or hunter
    Nerfbat is probably coming soon though

Depends what you're doing for PvP.
    -RBGS? Frost DK. Everyone seems to ALWAYS be looking for a FDK target caller. 24/7.
    -Arena? Any healer, mage, warrior, spriest is great atm as well.
    -Random BGs? Anything really. Personally I think warrior would be a good choice because of the many defensives available if you don't have a healer readily available.

Feral isn't really that FOTM, you rarely see them in arena and they're pretty well not wanted in RBGs. The damage is great and so is the class, it's just not widely wanted for much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    -RBGS? Frost DK. Everyone seems to ALWAYS be looking for a FDK target caller. 24/7.
    -Random BGs? Anything really. Personally I think warrior would be a good choice because of the many defensives available if you don't have a healer readily available.

Feral isn't really that FOTM, you rarely see them in arena and they're pretty well not wanted in RBGs. The damage is great and so is the class, it's just not widely wanted for much yet.
    Everyone wants a feral now.

Deleted
    same as always, healers and warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    That's why I've been searching for ~2 hours a day for 2 weeks for a team right?

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    Where can I sign in?
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

FDK's are FOTM in RBG's. Why was I not informed? Lead RBG's as FDK till they buffed blood and it all got silly, some of my best times in wow. Yayness \o/

And yeah, feral in RBG's is about the best flag carrier+holder. Warr used to be preferred for holding but seems to be feral all the way now.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-12-14 at 08:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I'm surprised people still think Mages are FOTM. Frost Bomb glyph functionality has been removed (so it now does 0 damage due to dispel), plethora of nerfs, Fire is no longer top in PvE on any fights but cleave. We definitely don't stand out anymore.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Agreed. I see way more warlocks, shadow priests, and mages than ferals in Arena especially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I'm surprised people still think Mages are FOTM. Frost Bomb glyph functionality has been removed (so it now does 0 damage due to dispel), plethora of nerfs, Fire is no longer top in PvE on any fights but cleave. We definitely don't stand out anymore.
    Yet 2/3 of your specs are in the top 5 dps for Pve, you cry about fire nerfs and they get a buff, where's this buff to classes that need it? As for Pvp, frost will forever remain strong no matter what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Arcane is QUITE good in PvE atm. We definitely still stand out with skilled and geared users

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be arms warriors, frost mages, feral druid and resto shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Feral then warrior or hunter
    Nerfbat is probably coming soon though
    Stick to mage if you want to avoid getting hit to hard by the nerf bat.

Currently allot of the classes that are based upon burst are going well and could be considered "fotm".

Hunter, Warrior, Mage, Lock, Spriest all seem to be at the top of the list as far as "fotm/op" classes are atm.

Best of luck finding another job.

Warrior, mage, hpally. Not any healer like someone earlier said, but atm monk and disc heals are weak. Monk is going to be the most fun class though imo.

Deleted
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--0-0-0.html

For those of you who are afraid of clicking links;

Class / Spec % (2200+)

Arms Warrior 13.7%
    Frost Mage 10.3%
    Restoration Shaman 10.2%
    Holy Paladin 9.6%
    Shadow Priest 7%
    Restoration Druid 6.7%
    Beast Mastery Hunter 5.1%
    Retribution Paladin 3.6%
    Feral Combat Druid 3.5%
    Frost Death Knight 3.3%
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2012-12-14 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--0-0-0.html

For those of you who are afraid of clicking links;

Class / Spec % (2200+)

Arms Warrior 13.7%
    Frost Mage 10.3%
    Restoration Shaman 10.2%
    Holy Paladin 9.6%
    Shadow Priest 7%
    Restoration Druid 6.7%
    Beast Mastery Hunter 5.1%
    Retribution Paladin 3.6%
    Feral Combat Druid 3.5%
    Frost Death Knight 3.3%

every class is represented on that list with at least one spec... but where are warlocks, rogues and monks???
    Oh wait, that's right....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    every class is represented on that list with at least one spec... but where are warlocks, rogues and monks???
    Oh wait, that's right....
    It's rather sad to see how several speces have more representation than a whole other class.