Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    The vita is a solid piece of hardware, considerably better than the 3ds.

Sony failed to support it and made just terrible design choices to protect their own skin.

Too pricey, memory card required (sold separately :3) battery isn't removable. Little to no good games. The only games really worth a damn are ports.
    This pretty much sums up Sony's problem in general the past decade - they actively place themselves outside of the average gamer's price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Sarcasm aside, I'd highly prefer no plot to a retarded one.

Case in point: Go look at Paper Mario: Sticker Star (or rather don't, because it's a horrible game littered with flaws). I'll save you the trouble and just tell you it involves a "sticker comet" crashing and "royal stickers" getting lost. Yeah, that really makes you feel involved or even caring about the story.

Do you honestly think the story of Gen 5 helps the game in any way? It really, really, doesn't.
    in my opinion the story in gen 5 helps ALOT and its pretty much the only story in pokemon thats any good and has fleshed out characters. also almost all of the gneration 5 pokemon are reimaginations or reinterpretations of gen 1 pokemon trubbish is grimer, genesect is mewtwo, frillish is tentacool, woobat is zubat, the two karate pokemon are the hitmons, the construction worker pokemon is the machop line, crustle is krabby.

the creator even said so in an interview back around the release of b/w since it was the first game to be based off america and not japan they wanted it to feel kind of like a reboot.

as for the story N and ghetsis are by far one of the best most fleshed out characters in pokemon and colress i thought was a pretty good addition as well.

ghetsis feels like a proper villain its the first time since gen 1 where the villain was actually a bad guy and not some insane lunatic trying to "fix" the world in some way and N for pokemon standards is just amazing the fact that he could talk to pokemon means they couldve dialed up the cheesy ness factor as high as they wanted but they actually made him a more serious character.

in my opinion story wise the gens go like this

b/w, b/w2, hgss, emerald, firered leafgreen, platinum.

as for pokemon designs id go probably

gen 2 gen 3 gen 5 gen 1 gen 4.

the only bad generation to me was 4 since it really was just awful except for a handful of pokemon and the story felt a bit like a rehash of emeralds story except on a bigger scale
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-12-14 at 10:41 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    As usual with nintendo people buy their consoles then find their are no good games on them. The only thing ive played on my DS in the last few years in pokemon, i bought about 3 or 4 games for the wii. Will never buy a nintendo console again.
    you will be missed.

havent touched my 3ds in a while.. monster hunter and luigi's mansion will change that.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-12-14 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    you will be missed.

havent touched my 3ds in a while.. monster hunter and luigi's mansion will change that.
    ive been playing adventure time hey ice king whyd you steal our garbage.

it plays alot like zelda 2.

its kinda like a zelda game with crazy items and characters from adventure time O-O totes my game of the year
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

ghetsis feels like a proper villain its the first time since gen 1 where the villain was actually a bad guy and not some insane lunatic trying to "fix" the world in some way and N for pokemon standards is just amazing the fact that he could talk to pokemon means they couldve dialed up the cheesy ness factor as high as they wanted but they actually made him a more serious character.
    The only big difference between Ghetsis and the other villains is that he didn't try to remake the world somehow. He lacked motivation, and was just about the most stereotypical villain ever ("I want to control the world because I'm evil! Mwahaha!").

I never really cared for N either.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-12-14 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    The only big difference between Ghetsis and the other villains is that he didn't try to remake the world somehow. He lacked motivation, and was just about the most stereotypical villain ever ("I want to control the world because I'm evil! Mwahaha!).

i never really cared for N either.
    People overplay the story in the newer games. It was barely any different...

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the vita does have games. And I love the Vita, but handhelds need to stop getting spin-offs and get the same games consoles/pcs have. Maybe in the near future, or with the next wave of handhelds they could start doing that. I also notice they're in love with adding touch-screen features to their games and force us to use them, those should always be optional. They are great to use in menus as it's basically like a mouse pointer, but in game it's useless and can get in your way as well as slow down combat. I also love being a plus member. I get Uncharted, Gravity Rush, WipEout 2048, Jet Set Radio, Mutant Blob, and Final Fantasy Tactics for free, and they seem to keep adding more. Granted, you need a memory card that is way overpriced, it's still pretty neat. I personally just can't stand the DS and two screens, nor would I own a PS3. I'm weird like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo(wii/ ds etc) seem very gimmicky with all of it's feature eg. 3d,2 screens, stylus touch screen, motion control, balance board , Bad graphics(in comparison to ps3/ xbox/pc) , but i think that's because they try to appeal to a certain niche of the market...the way pcs seem to target mmos, rts. Xbox shooters and ps3 sport (of course all 3 share alot).

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well, the vita does have games. And I love the Vita, but handhelds need to stop getting spin-offs and get the same games consoles/pcs have.
    Some of the best handheld games are spinoffs of franchises on major consoles/PC. Due to the general lack of power in them, you can't really port games from PC/console down to a handheld, it's not feasible. They're running with far less power than proper consoles/PC, and downgrading games to that level (not to mention whatever changes in coding are needed to run the damn thing) are expensive and time consuming.

The issue with the games on the Vita, are that the spinoff games sucked, or where mediocre. The better games on it at the moment are Gravity Rush, a good game but by no means a "must buy Vita for it" game, and Persona 4 Golden, a port/update of an older game and is probably the best game for the handheld right now.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

The issue with the games on the Vita, are that the spinoff games sucked, or where mediocre. The better games on it at the moment are Gravity Rush, a good game but by no means a "must buy Vita for it" game, and Persona 4 Golden, a port/update of an older game and is probably the best game for the handheld right now.
    No probally about it :3

Sony shouldnt have forced so much touch/motion controls into their launch titles. I understand its new and they want to show it off. But they forced so much of that crap into Uncharted and it ruined the overall experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Nintendo(wii/ ds etc) seem very gimmicky with all of it's feature eg. 3d,2 screens, stylus touch screen, motion control, balance board , Bad graphics(in comparison to ps3/ xbox/pc) , but i think that's because they try to appeal to a certain niche of the market...the way pcs seem to target mmos, rts. Xbox shooters and ps3 sport (of course all 3 share alot).
    The touch screen/dual screen is hardly a gimmick. Unlike 3D and motion controls, most games on the system benefited from it (besides Zelda and shovelware that would've been crap either way). For example, being able to navigate menus on a second screen and with your finger is a godsend.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-12-15 at 12:48 AM.

Bumping this topic once since I didnt have any search luck!

Has anyone played Heroes of ruin as of late? Should I go and return it, or is it worth playing it? Seems like a Diablo3 clone, but thats not what Im worried about...

Is the controles good?

Is the lenght of the game good, any decent fun to be had etc?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Bumping this topic once since I didnt have any search luck!

Has anyone played Heroes of ruin as of late? Should I go and return it, or is it worth playing it? Seems like a Diablo3 clone, but thats not what Im worried about...

Is the controles good?

Is the lenght of the game good, any decent fun to be had etc?
    We do have a 3DS general you can dig up, it would probably be better to ask in there.