Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Recently beat Chrono Trigger and Adventure Time 3DS

Chrono Trigger
    Like any RPG I felt it started off really slow, though I played on an emulator so I could speed up everything which made it bearable. I liked the characters, my primary team was Chrono/Ayla/Marle and my off-team was Chrono/Lucca/Marle. The combat is pretty good for a turn base, I'm not one for turn base RPGs since they're most spam attack and wait for enemy to die, but Chrono Trigger really picks up and holds your attention when you get to boss fights, which were all well designed. Loved the soundtrack. 9/10

Adventure Time 3DS
    This game is short. Anyone could beat it in 3 hours or less. Nonetheless the gameplay is similar to that of Zelda II and it controls pretty well. The save points are littered all over the place, which is nice in case you die on accident. The game is very easy, I feel like there was a lot of wasted potential considering how well the controls were and it had several attacks to use, except you didn't really need to use anything more than the standard swing. There is a new game+ mode where you keep your upgrades but the enemies are 2x harder, I haven't tried this mode yet, but I don't think it will be any harder since you have a shit ton of items that you can use to regen HP/increase dmg. I liked the soundtrack a lot. Overall I'd give it an 8/10.

Finally got to play the new Deus Ex.

Overall the game was great and worth playing. But the ending was not ideal. A bit disappointed how the whole saving Megan turned out. I killed maybe 200 ppl on the way to save her and she turns out to be clueless scientist without morals. She cooperates with ppl who massacred most of her former coworkers while kidnapping her, helps them developing tech that is used to drive thousands of ppl insane and when you save her, she goes on to work for the main boss of the first Deus Ex game probably helping to develop black death. Not feeling too great about that one.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Spec Ops: The Line
    It was pretty cool, gameplay wasnt amazing but the story was certainly a very unique experience compared to other video games I've played.
    6.5/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Dishonored, I freaking love this game.

i just finished A Crack in Time of ratchet and clank future. i'd give it 9/10 cuz i love the action in the game and the cute graphics.. but the -1point is i still find the game a little generic

Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Dragon age 2. Beating an old horse here, but I am amazed I got to the end of this game. I found it pretty dull. The story didn't redeem it at all, if anything it was frustrating.
    Felt the same way about Red Dead Redemption. Traipsing along the massive, yet desolate, countryside on horseback got very boring, very fast.

Just finished up Far Cry 3 last night. It was an incredibly fun 40 hour game (100% side stuff). The overall story is pretty decent, though I still think they should have chose different characters for you and your friends. I just couldn't care about a bunch of Orange County rich kids. Friends aside, the other characters are pretty good and quite memorable. Vaas, the guy on the cover, is probably my character of the year (2012). Great writing and great acting with some very memorable scenes. The game play is very solid and the controls are very tight. For the single player, I'd give this game a 9/10. There are a few minor nit picks here and there and I should drop it another point or two for the required UPlay crap, but the game was just that good. I felt it combined aspects of Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed into an FPS very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resonance, a nice little point and click adventure.
    Most of the puzzles were easily figured out, while others required a bit more thinking than your average point and clicky. I really loved the dialogues and voice acting and the story line made me go 'wow' due to some serious plot twists. Also I'm a sucker for 2d adventures

Was on sale on Steam and GOG a while back, I advise anyone who loved the old Lucas and Sierra games to consider this one

Just finished up Pokemon White (the story, anyway. Still have some catching to do!) and it was pretty fun. Gameplay-wise, the game is an upgrade from the previous generations and while my nostalgia wants me to say that Pokemon Gold is the best version, I'd say when it comes to content, Black/White (and their sequels) take the cake.

just finished deadlight. pretty good zombie 2.5dimension platformer. story was meh, gameplay was fun, reminded me a little bit of old prince of persia games.

7/10. worth the 7 bucks i paid for it on steam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Just finished up Far Cry 3 last night. It was an incredibly fun 40 hour game (100% side stuff). The overall story is pretty decent, though I still think they should have chose different characters for you and your friends. I just couldn't care about a bunch of Orange County rich kids. Friends aside, the other characters are pretty good and quite memorable. Vaas, the guy on the cover, is probably my character of the year (2012). Great writing and great acting with some very memorable scenes. The game play is very solid and the controls are very tight. For the single player, I'd give this game a 9/10. There are a few minor nit picks here and there and I should drop it another point or two for the required UPlay crap, but the game was just that good. I felt it combined aspects of Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed into an FPS very well.
    Is Vaas really better than Handsome Jack?

Mark of the Ninja. 10/10. The best strictly stealth game I have played, ever.

Far Cry 3

9/10

A great example of how great open world shooters can be. It is a great break from those super linear and overused cutscene-using shooters I've recently played in Crysis 2, any CoD and Battlefield. Sadly there was almost nothing to do after your done with both islands, and having done the storyline. But no singleplayer FPS game can hold you forever, it was expectable. The game was definatly worth the full price.

At first I didn't care much for Jason's friends, but I choosed to end with them over Citra. Vaas and his pirates were the coolest characters, I wished they had somewhat a role when you reach the second island. Vaas is badass, but sadly he's just Hoy't's puppet

Also, R.I.P. Vaas Montegro

Spec Ops: The Line.

Wow. What a fucking amazing experience. Perhaps one of the best games I have played in a long time. Well, perhaps not best... but certainly the one that most deserves to be played. Out of 2012s titles this will perhaps be the only game I remember several years down the line. Wow. Go play it. Or at the very least if you're interested, go take a look at; http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...c-Ops-The-Line

Or; http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/epi...he-line-part-1
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Dishonored. 8/10.

Gameplay was solid, controls responded well and I enjoyed all the different tools and spells you could use to suit your style of gameplay. Storywise... you could kinda see it beforehand but overall, I really liked it. Can't really say much for music, which is what I usually listen for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bastion 10/10

I had it from steam summer sale and never downloaded oh what an idiot i was this game is so good.... i recommend it to any one who hasn't tried it yet

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    Bastion 10/10

I had it from steam summer sale and never downloaded oh what an idiot i was this game is so good.... i recommend it to any one who hasn't tried it yet
    You really didn't tried it before D:?! it's a fucking stellar game >:0!

Now i'm trying to beat Barman Arkham City

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 for Borderlands 2. Great game with an interesting story. Definitely worth the price, although I found a few flaws in the "fluff" of the story. Also some quests were a bit tedious in my opinion.

Last game I beat: Red Dead Redemption when it came out, and I'd give it an 8.5/10. Great story, and I found traveling the remote countryside to be pretty cool other than when I ran into bears.

I played Call of C'thulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth more recently but due to a stupid windows 7 bug it was pretty much impossible to beat due to a bug where you couldn't see guys on the shore you had to shoot at one point to continue. Very frustrating since that game was a solid 9 for me and I was 2/3+ of the way through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands 2, last night. It was AWESOME. I'm not usually a fan of shooters but it absolutely blew me away. GREAT characters across the board (Handsome Jack is now one of my favourite game villains ever), exciting and varied environments and set pieces, tight gameplay and of course bazillions of ridiculously crazy guns to collect. If I had to gripe about something it's that the main story takes up too little time compared to the side quests. The side quests are usually very entertaining, but I wouldn't have minded some more exposition, and more backstory for Jack. He was such an interesting character.

Definitely a contender for my favourite game of the year. Working on True Vault Hunter Mode with my Siren right now, and it's just as awesome the second time through.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.