Thread: Heroic Empress

Heroic Empress

So my guild just killed amber shaper on heroic and want to push for a server first empress kill, however on the very limited (under 5) attempts we have put in thusfar we tend to wipe to the explosion from the first corrupted dissonance field. It literally kills like 12-15 of us. Now I am not GM or raid leader or anything, but i do have a little bit of input and would love to figure out why we suck so badly at this. Right now we have been trying to devo aura the shadow damage from the field, bopping 2-3 ppl (including cry of terror dude) and sending them in to blow it up asap, and having everyone use a personal for the damage from the explosion. The problem is that no one is topped, far from it, and so it gibbs a ton of people. I think we were 5 healing but are planning on using a 6th for our next night of attempts.

Anyone who has done this fight and could give some input on this specific mechanic, as well as other areas you think might give us undue trouble would be greatly appreciated.

Logs of our empress attempts: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zcmhnrc2z53rfrzv/

PS: we are competing against a 10m for server firsts, we got ambershaper tonight putting us one boss ahead of them. They got will before us, so its kind of a 'shit we gotta hurry' kind of thing.

4 heal fight on 10 man and a 8 healer fight on 25 man. That should solve A LOT of your problems.

Deleted
    I believe empress HC is mostly done with 7 or 8 healers 25man.

8 healers, 3 tanks on 25 man. 7 healing becomes more realistic with Brewmasters/DK tanks.

We are 10man, we use around 2 Raid CD's (Tranq / Healing Tide / Ascendance / etc.) before any corrupted blows up.

with CD's running most people are always close to 100% when the Field blows up, CD's keep running a few seconds afterwards, the damage without a corrupted one active is relatively low anyway.

In 25man you need more CD's obviously.

Those Raid CD's are not required in P2 (Add Phase) anyway, so most CD's will be rdy for the next P1.

4 heal on 10 man wtf only 4 dps...? holy shit. and ok ill say that, tyvm

On 25 man you really want some sort of damage reduction CD plus a throughput CD running for the explosion, a devo for the corrupted field before the explosion is also nice, and if you have disc priests, spirit shield is absolutely huge too. The more you can have up the better, so you should structure your CD rotation around the four explosions and make sure you use everything, especially for the first and third explosions since they come with the corrupted field.

You can use personal defensive CDs as a raid wide CD too since everyone has at least one and they are pretty powerful when all used together. So that covers the damage reduction section of one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    4 heal on 10 man wtf only 4 dps...? holy shit. and ok ill say that, tyvm
    It's possible with 3,but you can play 4 heal if you got enough dps to got only 2 P2.

Or just take a Disc, then you got half healer and half dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's possible with 3,but you can play 4 heal if you got enough dps to got only 2 P2.

Or just take a Disc, then you got half healer and half dps.
    Do you have a proof of some 10 man guild 3 healing it ? I'm really interested in it because we currently don't have 4 healers.

Empress hasn't seen any nerfs besides the "nerfing through gearing" since Paragon did it first, and they 4 healed it. So I'm gonna say that yeah, 3 healing it without fairly geared healers will be hard, considering they were at about 493 ilvl across the board going into H-HoF.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirke View Post
    Do you have a proof of some 10 man guild 3 healing it ? I'm really interested in it because we currently don't have 4 healers.
    3 Healers. You pretty much need a Disc to do that though. You also need to push her in 1 add phase or risk healers going oom.

4 is much safer. We did it with 2 Disc and 2 MW, so they all pushed decent DPS during low damage points.

Thanks a lot for the help, we will try it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    3 Healers. You pretty much need a Disc to do that though. You also need to push her in 1 add phase or risk healers going oom.

4 is much safer. We did it with 2 Disc and 2 MW, so they all pushed decent DPS during low damage points.
    There definitely seem to be some extra requirements to 3 heal it, specifically your healer composition and the fact that you couldn't do it with druid/warrior in my opinion. DK/Prot pally/Brewmaster all contribute to healing significantly more than warrior/druid. That is definitely a pretty lax requirement for most guilds though =)

Killed this boss last night.

We ran with 2 disc priests, mistweaver and a holy pally. Having two disc priests for this fight is absolutely amazing - to the extent that we used someones lfr alt, and geared it up during the lockout. Having a spirit shell up for every corrupted explosion almost always guarantees no one getting 1 shot. Also disc priest cooldowns help a lot in phase 2 - 2 pain supressions, 2 power word barriers on the windblade tank.