Heroic spirit binder tips/help

Hey guys we just downed feng last night and put couple attempts on spirit binder we got to 22%ish my question what exactly is the strat when you go in the spirit realm? We use hero at the start, when the totem comes we wait for the tank to get banished and go in. We send 2 deeps 1 healer 1 deeps comes out right away while the other stays inside a bit to kill some adds and comes out with the healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should wait 5 sec after the totem appears, then 2 dps and 1 healer (if 10 ppl) rolles in, smashes as much as possible, and burns the giant add before it kills the tank. Furthermore, healer has to stack buff on dps by direct heals. And dps SHOULDN"T get out of spirit realm till 3 or 2 seconds left.
    Repeat, repeat, repeat, get him to 20% and juzt zerg, zerg, zerg.

Don't have a DPS come up early. They should spend as much time as possible killing off adds.

alright. Yes its 10man thanks for the help!

Like PHsname said don't have dps leave early. You can however have your healer leave early once the 2 dps are healed enough to be able to leave.
    If you are a class that has a heal or your healthstone isnt on CD you should heal yourself right before you exit the spirit realm to refresh the buff you get. Also make sure you kill the spirits downstairs. Don't leave spirits up with 20% HP because they will still cast shadowbolt which is what will kill you sub 20%. Basically you want the least amount of adds when you decide to ignore spirit realm and burn.

Ignore the people saying leave 2 people down the entire time. This is not necessary in the slightest.

We have a dotter and a DPS go down each time. The dotter stays down until they're done, the DPS gets healed immediately and pops back up. Unless you don't have dotters, this is the best strategy by far and will boost your DPS on the boss (more uptime+big buff) as well as keeping the adds easily under control.

If you don't have a dotter (or if your dotter can't go for a totem), leave both DPS down 10-20s. Heal them both before they leave to refresh the buff.

Deleted
    How do you deal with the tanks with Severer of Souls downstairs. Our issues were tank focussing the wrong target since he doesn't know which ones the dps can see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    How do you deal with the tanks with Severer of Souls downstairs. Our issues were tank focussing the wrong target since he doesn't know which ones the dps can see.
    This, My guild was having the same problem last time we tried him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    The tank one is red instead of the normal Severer color.

Deleted
    Ahh awesome, thank you Sanadoz.

Yeah DOT classes should stay for around a full 25 seconds. As a shadow priest all I do is target different mobs and cast shadow word pain on all of them.

We were fairly lucky and downed him in less than an hour of attempts tonight.

2 tanks (Prot War, Brewmaster Monk)
    3 Healers (HP, Druid, Disc Priest)
    3 melee, 2 range.

We always had 1 melee, 1 range if possible in totems. The melee would help clear the tanks adds, then get out as quickly as possible and back on the boss. Our range are strong and were able to clear the adds solo for the most part. Our tank who went in for the totem we didn't break just before 20% was able to stance dance and kill his adds solo. Healing sub 20% was a joke due to the disc priest.

We had our melee lead calling the dps that was going in, myself and raid leads making calls on healers. All in all, with so much happening on the fly it was a fairly clean kill. Just a very tight enrage timer, thankfully our dps has a fondness of doing really stupid stuff to push dps meters and this fight played to our strength/weakness, depending on how you view it.

Deleted
    I don't see anyone mentioning the problem we're having on this boss, which frightens me slightly! :P

What do you do, when a healer gets dolled twice in a row? Then you'll have 1 healer that can't go down because he is dolled, and the other can't go down because he just did, and has the debuff, the only way we could really see us working that out was ignoring a totem, but damage started to get quite nasty when we had to do that a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Claeshj View Post
    I don't see anyone mentioning the problem we're having on this boss, which frightens me slightly! :P

What do you do, when a healer gets dolled twice in a row? Then you'll have 1 healer that can't go down because he is dolled, and the other can't go down because he just did, and has the debuff, the only way we could really see us working that out was ignoring a totem, but damage started to get quite nasty when we had to do that a few times.
    you should have 3 healers just for this situation... also if your dps can hack it you dont have to take every totem all the way to 20%. We usually stop just under 30% and lust. The tank that gets banished takes out as many spirits as he can before he dies and we rez him.. seems to go pretty smooth
    I grew up in the era where you had to go to channel 3 to play video games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angryshammy View Post
    you should have 3 healers just for this situation... also if your dps can hack it you dont have to take every totem all the way to 20%. We usually stop just under 30% and lust. The tank that gets banished takes out as many spirits as he can before he dies and we rez him.. seems to go pretty smooth
    Ah! Yea 3 healing it should trivialize that part of it, and should also make up for the extra spirits in the end if you stop taking totems at 30 I guess. Thanks! Got confused, since icy-veins misinformed me again(this really shouldn't come as any surprise any longer, cos man those 'guides' are riddled with errors :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Claeshj View Post

Treat one of your hybrids as another healer for totem priority so they only go down when a real healer can't. Otherwise 3 heal.

Deleted
    We tried 2healing at first but it's just too big of a mess most pulls.

Many things have allready been mentioned to help you but here's another.
    Have your healers always spam the non-dotting dps first in the spirit realm and make them leave when they 'feel done'. This includes a pala using lay on hands (will give full hp + max stacks in 1sec).
    Any time spend in the spirit realm is 100% dps lost on the boss. So unless there are too many spirits up, you should leave the spirit realm to your lock, s priest or boomkin. The non-dotting dps that goes into spirit realm still have to focus on taking down the big tank add tho since otherwise your dotters will waste time to get those down.

For instance in our team the first people we send down is boomkin/lock + hunter/enh shaman + pala/monk. Either the hunter or enh shaman gets LoH or monk spam heal and leaves emmediatly to dps boss while the dotter kills off the first few adds.
    It's important to remember to any time spent in spirit realm is 100% dps loss on the target that matters for a kill and the buff mostly doesn't boost enough to make up for it.

edit:
    also http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/garajalinnervation
    It's very awesome for healers but I also use it as a dps to see when my stacks are ready
    Last edited by mmoce1187a0503; 2012-12-17 at 08:53 AM.

As an affliction lock my dots are enough to kill an add. I basically go down and just Soulburn:Soulswap everything I see. Drain Soul off a dying add and continue. Me and our boomkin are able to keep them under control pretty easily. The only time we send 2 down is the totem right after a banish. The second dps helps out the tank then gets out to use their buff on the boss.

Do the adds on heroic have more HP then on normal? Just asking because we're likely to go for this boss this week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanadoz View Post
    The tank one is red instead of the normal Severer color.
    If you're still having issues with your tank not being able to tell the difference, have the dps in the spr-realm place a dot on 1 Severer.