Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have a question. Did Dalaran after the horde get kicked out, show this in the persistent world version of Dalaran in MoP?

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 03:28 AM ----------

Why did Malfion allow the horde to steal the bell?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    I have a question. Did Dalaran after the horde get kicked out, show this in the persistent world version of Dalaran in MoP?

1. No, it is not. The quests are instanced, and do not affect Dalaran in Northrend, as it's still set during Wrath.

2. What? What makes you think he 'allowed' the Horde to steal the bell? They just snuck in and stole it using sneaky magic and portals from and to Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post

You're assuming what the Horde does or doesn't not do is in Malfurion's control. But aside from that, no, none of this stuff affects the Dalaran in Northrend in MOP, just like Rhonin is still there, too, and will still speechify when you beat Algalon, because for that Dalaran, it's still Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Maybe back to its old spot in Hillsbrad.
    Oooh lets hope so! we are in desperate need of new body parts !

the word on the street is /whsiper garrosh is leaving soon, and we can have our abomination"s back

Shhhh you didnt hear that from me
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Moving it Hillsbrad would be suicide.

The Forsaken would just plague bomb them to death while Garrosh would celebrate Proudmoore's death in Org.

Altough it wouldn't be the 1st time Dalaran would move to the middle of Undead controlled territory.
    Why people constantly say this is mind boggling. Dalaran wasn't 500 meters off from Icecrown Citadel, the Lich King could have launched a few thousand flyers at it and crushed it, yet it was just fine.

The Forsaken are pathetic when compared to the Scourge.

Deleted
    When you zoom-out your map during the purge it shows Westfall so it's probably going there...

Quote Originally Posted by Farsatar View Post
    When you zoom-out your map during the purge it shows Westfall so it's probably going there...
    Westfall is the default map when the game doesn't recognise your location. Dalaran in the 5.1 quests is in its own special instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I'm well aware of her. HOWEVER, she existed back when the blog post about the base camp on Theramore's Crater came up.

Theramore's destruction is not permanent for everyone yet. This is why that bronze dragonflight member is there. When it's permanent for everyone, she will disappear, and a "base camp" will appear.

This "base camp," I believe, is Dalaran.
    I've been hoping for this since before MoP released. Totally hope it's true! ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I completely forgot about that, there are various NPC's there right now channeling a spell at the outline of the crater. Personally I would like to see it above Theramore.
    How cool would it be instead of it above Theramore, they just fit it in right into the crater where Theramore used to be? Kinda like a slap in the face to Garrosh lol.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a friggin giant flying city. Float it over Orgrimmar and use it as a Thwomp. The Horde would be crushed... literally.

If that city floats anywhere near orgrimmar then i hope the goblins use that huge friggin cannon to shoot it down (unless the damn thing blows up lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    OMG *fan boi scream* Now, that would make an epic opponant towards the Forsaken, to have a few human kingdoms rebuild/return to Eastern Kingdoms
    It definitely is an Alliance fan's wet dream, but I doubt we will see it even though people have been asking for Stromgrade to be developed for ages and we didn't really get anything in Cata however on the flip side the act it didn't recieve a major overhaul could indicate they plan to do more.

One can dream .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    A better question there: why move Dalaran to a territory where they will be in a constant siege? I mean okay, they could overpower the forsake, but is it really the best place possible? Above Theramore kinda makes sense, but moving it into Hillsbrad is just as smart asmoving it into Blackrock Mountain. Below the lava level.
    How does moving it to a place near the capital of your enemy over a crater of what used to be an other city blown up by that same enemy make more sense ?

the Hillsbrad crater is a helluva lot closer to UC than Theramore was to Orgrimmar. And, as "Tides of War" demonstrated, at least on Kalimdor, there are obstacles a Horde assault would have to clear to lay siege. In Hillsbrad, there is just Dalaran surrounded by enemies in all directions.

Not for nothing, but Hillsbrad is hardly worth the effort anymore. Hillsbrad and Southshore have been wiped from the map, and it wouldn't be unfair to suggest the entire zone has replaced the recovery in WPL and EPL as the new craphole in Lordaeron. It's not the home Dalaran left, it's not even a fixer-upper opportunity for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I doubted Dalaran would take place in such an attack in the first place, I kinda feel Blizzard would be doing a bit of a disservice if they pretended there was no war on the EK's, especially after all of Sylvanas psycho bitch tactics.

Dalaran and Kirin Tor will be the 3rd faction - There is an Operation Shieldwall quest indicating that the mages of all races will unite to build something neutral against horde vs. alliance. Seems their leader will bei Jaina.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Dalaran and Kirin Tor will be the 3rd faction - There is an Operation Shieldwall quest indicating that the mages of all races will unite to build something neutral against horde vs. alliance. Seems their leader will bei Jaina.
    You're in for a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Why people constantly say this is mind boggling. Dalaran wasn't 500 meters off from Icecrown Citadel, the Lich King could have launched a few thousand flyers at it and crushed it, yet it was just fine.

The Forsaken are pathetic when compared to the Scourge.
    the lich king didn't use nearly as many bio-weapons as the forsaken do. you can kill gargoyles, but you can't kill poison or plague.

also: lore states that the lich king was holding himself from taking over the world for some reason. the scourge could have destroyed dalaran, the eastern kingdoms, kalimdor and whatever else it could find. no one knows for sure why, but the lich king simply decided not to try too hard.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 02:52 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q. The "There must always be a Lich King" mantra seemed awfully suspicious, coming from ghosts trapped in Frostmourne. Was there something else going on there?
    A. To save people from generating elaborate conspiracy theories, we'll be serious for a moment and say, definitively, no. The ghosts of Uther and Terenas understood that the Scourge would run rampant without someone to keep them in check. Yes, that does also mean that Arthas and Ner'zhul were not unleashing the full force of the Scourge during their respective reigns: you are welcome to speculate on the reasons for that.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2012-12-16 at 02:52 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the lich king didn't use nearly as many bio-weapons as the forsaken do. you can kill gargoyles, but you can't kill poison or plague.
    The Lich King hard far more troops and could get as many as he wanted to fill gaps. The Lich King was far more powerfull then Sylvanas. The Lich King could face both Horde and Alliance at the same time.

The Forsaken have a limited ammount of troops and the Valkyrs are dwindling fast, also they can ressurect only so many new forsaken at a time. The Forsaken still have Gilneas to worry about, they afterall never managed to take it and in the end it was pretty much a stale mate, there's still the Stormpikes in hillsbrad foothills and Arathor right next door and the Dwarves in the Hinterlands alongside the other Dwarves not being to far away either.

And all of that isn't even taking the Argent Dawn into account who if not for the plot armor of the Forsaken should be all over them by now. Sylvanas position isn't anywhere as strong as people try to make it out to be. The Horde is still completly outnumbered in the eastern kingdoms, it was even stated that her prospects if the Alliance would mount an full scale attack would be fairly bad unless she got massive support from the Horde, very unlikely if the Horde really is to lose his war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    >>>Jaina is ruler of an independnt nation and is free to form her own policies. She is also very interested and engaged in promoting peace between the Alliance and Horde. HOWEVER - she is still a full fledged member of the Alliance and as such obligated to provide aid and assistance to other members, especially in times of conflict, disaster and war. Given Garroshes unprovoked assault against the night Elfs, and the damage they took during the Cataclysm it is NOT inconsistent that she would be called upon to support her allies and provide relief and assistance. Nor does it mean she need give up her dovish ways, even in times of conflict.

Jaina "I believed magic should be respected, but I'm not against using it to subject water elementals to destroy the city of those I use to try and make peace with"

>>>Her city had been destroyed, her land overrun and her people subjected to either homelessness or an agonising, cruel death. Her actions against her father had proven to be folly and her allowing his death ended up being for nothing. He was proven correct in his view on the Orcs. Jaina turning her magic against Garrosh and Orgrimmar isn't inconsistent. It IS out of character for he rnormal self - but given the extreme situation, that is actually understandable as that wasn't a normal situation. The Horde killed her people, her friends and ravaged her lands. Her attempts at peace had backfired. Her fathers death proven a worthless sacrifice. You expect consistency at a time of anger and shock?

She didn't need to have acted that way, but her desire to lash out is understandable and perfectly in keeping with human nature. As is the fact she actually tried to follow through and allowed herself to be talked out of it.

>>>>She gave the Sunreavers a chance. They betrayed Dalaran a second time. She asked them to leave. They refused. She arrested and imprisoned them. They fought back. EJL[/INDENT]
    1. Agreed
    2. Agreed
    3. What chance did she give? Where was the first time they betrayed Dalaran? From my point of view they were deemed guilty without trial, and I think the Kirin Tor and Silver Covenant killed more than they arrested. She didn't "ask" them to leave she told them to get the fuck out, and without hearing the other side starting rounding up blood elves up killing them and throwing a few in the violet hold. Even Varian was flabbergasted at her retarded handling of the matter.