Low DPS as TG, to much RNG and properly use of HS

Hi ppl, Im currently sit on TG, since my 1H'rs sucks and are 463ilevel and I have two normal Shinka's upgraded at it's max.

I'm having a lot of troubles with rage generation, and sometimes I spend 3-4 secs with no rage at all to even use a BT.

Last night I notice my dps was awful specially on the first Terrrace of Endless fight, were I did something like 75k (single target, adds all the time affar from each other), and obviously my mates complain about that and they have reason to do it (I think).

I recently came back to the game and I have a collection of gear that I call = all the crap other ppl didnt wanted

Here is my armory: "us.battle.net/wow/es/character/ragnaros/Draurgbanne/advanced"

As you can see, my gear is a mess.

Talking about my rotation, I think I'm doing it right ->

BT - filler - filler - BT - .....

Filler order: CS > RB > WS (On Proc) > WW after a RB (Raging Wind Glyphed) > HS (80> rage)

Execute phase -> Execute > CS > RB

I've a particular problem with the use of HS.

I have to use HS all the time on 80> rage, even if I have BT and RB on CD, or I have to keep the priority order all the time?

P.D: Sorry aboyt my english, I know it isn't good.

Personally I don't get to use HS at all except when inside a CS, which (come to think of it) happens quite often. Those times where you are not getting ready for a CS I'd suggest not using HS at all, as there is no real point in doing so. Your other fillers in WS and WW (as TG) should be enough to avoid you from rage capping.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiaranx View Post
    Hi ppl, Im currently sit on TG, since my 1H'rs sucks and are 463ilevel and I have two normal Shinka's upgraded at it's max.

I'm having a lot of troubles with rage generation, and sometimes I spend 3-4 secs with no rage at all to even use a BT.

Last night I notice my dps was awful specially on the first Terrrace of Endless fight, were I did something like 75k (single target, adds all the time affar from each other), and obviously my mates complain about that and they have reason to do it (I think).

I recently came back to the game and I have a collection of gear that I call = all the crap other ppl didnt wanted

Here is my armory: "us.battle.net/wow/es/character/ragnaros/Draurgbanne/advanced"

As you can see, my gear is a mess.

Talking about my rotation, I think I'm doing it right ->

BT - filler - filler - BT - .....

Filler order: CS > RB > WS (On Proc) > WW after a RB (Raging Wind Glyphed) > HS (80> rage)

Execute phase -> Execute > CS > RB

I've a particular problem with the use of HS.

I have to use HS all the time on 80> rage, even if I have BT and RB on CD, or I have to keep the priority order all the time?

P.D: Sorry aboyt my english, I know it isn't good.
    1. BT generates rage i/o of consuming it
    2. Execute phase: Exe in CS window > BT > CS > Execute not in CS window - Even with this priority you still have to consider rage generation by asking yourself: How many CS can you use before the target falls dead? Once you know this, pool rage to dump 4 executes in those CS windows, and dump all rage before targets dead and you know you can't CS again with execute.

3. The majority of your rage issue probably lies here. Don't be too trigger happy on HS
    There are 2 instances where you want to HS and both of them rely on the same priority.
    Either you are, a.) NOT in CS window or b.) you ARE in CS window:

Either A or B, you do not want to HS unless you are filling every GCD with something (CS, RB, proc'd WS, unproc'd WS, BShout, HThrow) and you're still about to rage cap. Otherwise don't HS so you can effectively pool enough rage to dump 4 GCDs + 3-4 HS in a CS window.

Also, are you using all your cooldowns effectively? On the pull, at lust or execute phase? Are you synergizing them well?
    Last edited by Nekked; 2012-12-14 at 03:12 PM.

About CD's usage this is what I tend to use:

Opening Skull Banner - Reck - Orc Racial and Eng Gloves Enchant

On fight - I try to use Skull Banner on Heroism and Reck and Eng Gloves Enchant on CS window

I think Nekked and Vonvaffel are right about me trying to use HS a lot. I will have use if now only on CS window.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 03:30 PM ----------

What do u guys think about my gear, some pieces really sucks right?

Deleted
    You always can HS while Deadly Calm is up, it is 10 less rage cost, and can try to use it with abilities that don't use rage or use very little, such as WS proc+HS = 30 rage, BT+HS= 20 rage, RB+HS= 20 rage, etc, and yes, use it mostly on the CS window for now =)

There's some good info there, the 4 executes during CS with CDs up is so key. Managing your HS usage to get 3 of them (or 2 at least) cast for CS windows is also huge.

Only thing I'd add is the suggestion to try using BT before you CS. It just sucks to cast CS if you don't have either WS/RB proc'd and your BR is not coming up any time soon, I'll wait one more BT if I get stuck with nothing before I cast my next CS but that doesn't happen much.

Using BT first is exceptionally helpful when you cast your Reck macro. I open with Charge/Reck macro > BT > CS/HS > RBx2 (use BR to induce 2nd RB if I don't get two)/HS > BT > RB/HS > DRoar when CS falls off > normal rotation... I got much more dps on my opener than before when I'd CS first before using my first BT and popping everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Quill View Post
    There's some good info there, the 4 executes during CS with CDs up is so key. Managing your HS usage to get 3 of them (or 2 at least) cast for CS windows is also huge.

Only thing I'd add is the suggestion to try using BT before you CS. It just sucks to cast CS if you don't have either WS/RB proc'd and your BR is not coming up any time soon, I'll wait one more BT if I get stuck with nothing before I cast my next CS but that doesn't happen much.

Using BT first is exceptionally helpful when you cast your Reck macro. I open with Charge/Reck macro > BT > CS/HS > RBx2 (use BR to induce 2nd RB if I don't get two)/HS > BT > RB/HS > DRoar when CS falls off > normal rotation... I got much more dps on my opener than before when I'd CS first before using my first BT and popping everything.
    DR will always crit, so the best CDs to combine with DR will be BB (assume this is your talent of choice) & SkullBanner. Heres 2 options for GCD usage on opening

Both options always start with pre-pot + Bshout + charge
    Both options always require you to use DCalm right before CS and spam at least 3 HS in that CS window

First Option:
    BT > (if no enrage, BRage) BB + SBanner + DR > CS > RECK + BT > RB > RB > BT

Here you have DR in both BB and SBanner, you almost have the perfect 4 GCD in CS window, you have BB + SBanner + Reck for that 1st CS window. However the downside is you don't have 3 RBs in that CS window, you have 2 BTs and 2 RBs instead.

Second Option:
    BT > (if no enrage BRage) BB + SBanner + DR > CS > RECK + RB (from BRage or 1st BT proc) > BT > RB > RB

Here you also have DR in both BB and SBanner, you have a perfect 4 GCD in CS window (ie: 3 x RB + BT), you have BB + SBanner + Reck for that 1st CS window. However you've delayed BT usage for 1.5 secs (i.e.: 1 GCD) so that you can squeeze 3 RBs into that 1st CS window where all your cooldowns are stacked.

These are the 2 openers I've found to be most ideal. The idea is basically the same. DR with SBanner, Bloodbath and while you are enraged. Fit 3 RBs in your 1st CS window while under Reck, BB, SBanner. Do not waste a GCD while Reck is up with DR
    Last edited by Nekked; 2012-12-14 at 07:26 PM.

just use HS inside a CS. If you're capping rage for some reason and have no free gcd for wild strike then hit HS. You can anticipate when your rage will cap and use wild strike on a free gcd before that.

pretty much never use a HS outside of a CS unless your going to rage cap before your next global so you can't dump the rage with a unprocced Wildstrike, rage generates slower than in cata so its all about spending that rage at the most opportune time, this means getting very patient with your rage, if you have to sit there and BT nothing nothing BT for a while to build rage for your next CS then do it, you should only spend rage outside of CS to prevent capping, use impending victory shouts and heroic throw to fill globals and then ideally save 1 RB charge for every cs and dump as many RB"s and HS into that cs as you can fit in, always BT before the CS even if it means slightly delaying CS by a global.

As far as the opener goes generally I would shout before pull + prepot > Charge in > empty GCD > Bloodbath + Banner + racial/onuse/serker + Dragonroar > Reck into a BT > CS and you should be able to do 3 RB's inside your first CS with hopefully a HS on cd for some insane burst.

Remember to line up cds with CS windows, its better to delay a Bloodbath for 5-10 seconds for a cs than use it on cd and waste it, always use Dragonroar with a bloodbath either before or after a cs and always pool rage and have 1 RB charge saved for every single CS.

Deleted
    Simcraft puts its pretty well:

heroic_strike,use_off_gcd=1,if=(((debuff.colossus_smash.up&rage>=40)|(buff.deadly_calm.up& rage>=30))&target.health.pct>=20)|rage>=110

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure why you keep saying your gear is terrible, for the content your on, your ilvl is fine. and even though its all in spanish i think its all plate dps gear so i dont get what the issue is

Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    DR will always crit, so the best CDs to combine with DR will be BB (assume this is your talent of choice) & SkullBanner. Heres 2 options for GCD usage on opening
    I disagree, I think it's better to eat the crit redundancy of a DRoar during Recklessness, so that you can Reck off the bat and get three guaranteed RB's into your first CS window with every trinket/DS proc up in alignment with Reck/BB/Skull Banner. Remember CS crits proc RB's, so if you Reck > BT > CS, thats like a 75% chance you can RB three times during your first CS without even breaking out Bers. Rage. That third RB with everything proc'd and Skull Banner up is so nice.

If you try to DRoar before, yeah it's possible to keep all the other stuff in line that I mentioned, but all kinds of things can go wrong. I found I wound up losing more than I gained back when I worried about DRoar's redundancy with Reck on my opener.

You can get the third RB with everything up when you BB Banner and Roar before Reck. I honestly don't see what can go wrong that way.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    You can get the third RB with everything up when you BB Banner and Roar before Reck. I honestly don't see what can go wrong that way.
    If you open with BT before Reck macro and it doesn't proc RB, you will then burn BR. Then you'd Reck Macro and and if your ensuing CS also fails to proc RB, then you'll only get two RBs during your initial CS window. The fourth GCD would be something like a proc'd/unproc'd WS. Yeah that won't happen often, but if it does, then it sucks. And having to burn our BR early would happen often, ~40% of the time.

The opener I've posted, I barely ever burn my BR at all (20% of the time) until I'm about to cast or have just used CS for the 2nd time. And I will get my 3 RB's on that first CS 100% of the time, with or without BR.

Also, there's the intangible benefit of cutting out all that if-then-else processing and keeping things simple for yourself. Charge, macro, go. It's almost impossible to mess up on your opener this way.
    Last edited by Quill; 2012-12-14 at 11:10 PM.