Affliction min/maxing

I'm not sure how much the sticky threads are read, so I'll post my questions in a new thread.

So after a long time I've started playing again casually. A quest here and there turned in a raid once a week. I know how it's going to end, considering its scarce difficulty, we'll have cleared normal modes pretty soon. Afterwards we'll say "hey, let's become one of those guilds that raids heroics once a week". It happened in wotlk and cata, so I'm sure we'll be wiping soon enough in mists of grindaria as well ^^

This makes me want to min-max so I started fondling with simcraft. In theory, I should be doing ~82k dps. In practice I have a stable 78k and in on some fights (for some particular reason) it's about 30k higher.

Simcraft produced some stat weights and spell priorities. The stat weights are pretty strait forward, as ever. You multiply the weight with the stat and generate a so-called ranking. As for the spell priorities I had a few questions;

- Haunt has a higher DPCT than DS. Does this mean I use Haunt whenever I generate a shard during execute, or do we only use haunt when the debuff is about to expire?
    --Example: Execute --> haunt debuff is up --> but I have 2 shards --> I shoot 2 haunts in a row --> start DSing --> shard is generated --> I haunt -->
    Obviously recasting dots has priority.

- De we recast dots whenever Affdots shows them as green, independent of their current duration?

- Do we use haunt only when (one of)the trinkets proc? From the start (You start the fight with 3 shards, assuming you SB:SS upon engaging the boss) or do we use haunt until one shard is left and use that one when trinkets pop?

- I'm well past the 4717 haste plateau. According to simcraft it's not worth going to the next one but focussing for a 100% on mastery. Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    - Haunt has a higher DPCT than DS. Does this mean I use Haunt whenever I generate a shard during execute, or do we only use haunt when the debuff is about to expire?
    I'm interested in what's most effective here too. What works best for me for simplicity is going SB:SS, haunt, channel until you build up 2 shards then SB:SS and haunt. I just keep doing that over and over during execute or thorw out 2 haunts in a row if I happen to have extra shards. Basically you can get 2 shards up for a soul burn and a haunt before your last haunt drops off.

I would be interested to see what the actual most effective thing would be though.

I responded to this in the sticky thread. Mod can either move that or merge this.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, let's not start making duplicate posts throughout the board, that gets messy. Closed since Rustjive answered in the Affli sticky.