Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

To those who no longer subscribe to WoW and who played a long time....

To those who no longer subscribe to WoW and who played a long time (but still peruse forums some times), say like 4 years plus, what would need to happen for you to come back to WoW? Real Life responsibilities aside.

So, what would need to happen to come back and where/when did it go bad for you?

do we really need one of these threads everyday O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Improve graphics would be my main gripe.
    Also, the animations and general quality of these.
    Also, more things to do that allow players to go out into the game world.

Quite frankly, however, I've moved on from WoW. Don't think they can bring me back. I regard the company as greedy. I don't see why we should pay for server transfers.

I dont' want to get into a game vs game thing, but I stopped WoW to play another mmo... and well, popularity aside, after playing for 1.5 years, it is a heckuva better finished, more polished product. My opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    do we really need one of these threads everyday O-O
    Your homework will be to answer this: why post in threads that irritate you and how hard would it be for you just to not click on it?

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

Quite frankly, however, I've moved on from WoW. Don't think they can bring me back. I regard the company as greedy. I don't see why we should pay for server transfers.

I dont' want to get into a game vs game thing, but I stopped WoW to play another mmo... and well, popularity aside, after playing for 1.5 years, it is a heckuva better finished, more polished product. My opinion, of course.
    which game if you do not mind saying? Just curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without getting into a ton of petty detail, in order to return:

1) Blizzard would have to re-earn my trust as a gamer and a potential customer. At present, I think they're deceitful and excessively greedy, and don't care at all about the quality of the games they produce just how much money they can make from them. They need to address the community honestly about stuff like the bot problem and low-pop servers.

2) Return more RPG and sandbox aspects to the game. Go back to making a world that is fun, and stop telling people how they must play. This would be extremely difficult. Blizzard has gutted the game compared to what it was in BC and Vanilla. I'm not saying they have to return to that exactly, but they've removed so much over the years I don't see anyway they could possibly replace it without having their current playerbase revolt. Some people seem to think they're moving in this direction with MoP. I will wait and see. Maybe next expansion, IF they can address my first point, which I frankly doubt.

I might buy a different Warcraft game, if they ever released one, assuming it was better than D3. I do very much like the universe, when it's done well.

I honestly could care less about graphics for a game like this. Better graphics generally means upgrading everyones computers. I honestly think the graphics for a game like this are fine the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Your homework will be to answer this: why post in threads that irritate you and how hard would it be for you just to not click on it?

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 04:12 PM ----------

which game if you do not mind saying? Just curious.
    I would assume RIFT based upon his signature.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

Paying for server transfers keeps legit payers from hopping from server to serve to sell their items on the server worth the most money meaning a few servers would loose those items. For gold sellers its suppose to be used to lower the profitability of selling their gold on various servers. There more to this than just being greedy, though I am sure that thats surely a part of it.

Deleted
    MoP was my reason.

Deleted
    MoP was my reason to come back and Cataclysm was my reason to not play.

Deleted
    I honestly don't believe I ever could return.

I didn't leave because of anything to do with the actual game, it was the people playing that started to grate on me. I couldn't take any more of the e-speak. 20+ men and women communicating on a level I'd be ashamed of from a toddler. I put up with it for a year but the reward of raiding just didn't balance out with the trolling and idiocy I had to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    To those who no longer subscribe to WoW and who played a long time (but still peruse forums some times), say like 4 years plus, what would need to happen for you to come back to WoW? Real Life responsibilities aside.

So, what would need to happen to come back and where/when did it go bad for you?
    For myself at least, my friends in the game moved on mostly. Which really took some of the fun away. It was already getting more difficult to the time to play with them though, so it was probably inevitable really. These things kind of happen. I kept playing after that point though, there were still many things I enjoyed about the game; mostly spent time leveling different characters and PvPing.

In the end it was the leveling process that drove me away, and I think part of this was when they reworked many of the zones for Cataclysm. The new stories were fun and entertaining and everything, but something was missing. I don't know, the world just didn't feel fraught with danger anymore. I know leveling a character has never been "difficult" in WoW, but you could still die if you were paying attention. Maybe you didn't see a patrol or something, or there was an elite, or maybe you needed a group for a quest to make it possible.

That just didn't seem to be the case anymore once Cata launched. I mean blizzard did a very good job of making leveling more fun and entertaining, but without that little bit of fear and danger it was just kind of empty. I'm not sure they'd ever make leveling more dangerous again. I certainly never would ask them to, and maybe I just spent too much time in the game (likely really). I miss Azeroth, a lot sometimes, but it's just not what it was.

For me to come back:

Improved Graphics
    Shared Nodes
    Use/Cast abilities without a target/while running
    More activities to do that doesn't include dailies
    Way less bots
    Dungeons/Raids scaling to your level
    Remove tagging mobs
    and Improved graphics

I left the game because it got boring and there are other games to play that suits my preferences.

IMO I'd need a few things that wouldn't be a good idea to implement in WoW at this time... basically it'd be akin to combat update for SWG in scale or the combat evolution in RS (huge fundamental change that guaranteed won't make everyone happy).

BUT

Some minor things for players that can be used outside of combat (but not on 10 minute + cooldowns) or....

green fire for warlocks <.< might get me back....

10+ Year Old Account

1) Blizzard would have to re-earn my trust as a gamer and a potential customer. At present, I think they're deceitful and excessively greedy, and don't care at all about the quality of the games they produce just how much money they can make from them. They need to address the community honestly about stuff like the bot problem and low-pop servers.

Well that's bullshit or else they didn't had 10,000,000 or even 11,000,000 active accounts, Blizzard do care.
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2012-12-14 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Been active raiding with my guild for almost 2 years. We decided it just wasn't worth it at this point since we started struggeling due to multiple reasons. Haven't kept my subscription active since then. What could make me come back is the guild getting back together for next tier. I want a break currently!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The argument about them being greedy, how is this in any way a valid argument? They've talked quite a lot why they don't merge realms, or rather, why they are very careful with it. And they make it clear that people who are frustrated by being stuck on dead realms often quit altogether. They don't want that, and they certainly don't earn money when it happens.

To me, the "greedy" argument is no different from the idea that they keep bots in order to earn subs.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    A lot more depth in the actual mechanics and the gameplay, less balancing around Cooldowns since cooldown stacking is retarded and a lot more PvP and PvE Content.

Deleted
    Instant max lvl and pvp gear so I can do BGs..... I just can't take the grind anymore and pve is boring for me and u cant really pvp unless you got decent gear unless u want to be face stomped

I've played since 2006, and I always end up coming back. Maybe not this time, but that is for a bunch of reasons.

I play with a group of RL friends who convinced me to roll on a PVP server a couple years ago during one of our play times (we all play for months then quit for months, but this is the fastest our entire group has unsubbed after an expansion). The thing that usually brought me back, was the leveling. It appeals to my OCD, and I can relax and get into it. Unfortunately they implemented CRZ which has drastically changed the playing on PVP realms. I leveled four characters on the PVP server prior to CRZ with only minimal issues (and most of those were the, rogue shoot bowing you, or the priest MCing you off a cliff; things so funny they couldn't make you angry). Now we're merged with all the other high-pop PVP servers, and any attempts I've made to quest have been met with utter failure at every level.

So now there isn't incentive for me to return and level, unless I want to return to my dead PVE server where my group no longer has interest playing (the only reason they stayed subbed for so long was throwing people off of the cliffs in Pandaria).

I found the questing in Pandaria to be awful. I had 14 85s, over two servers, just because I loved cataclysm leveling so much. I managed to get two characters to 90, and a third to 87, before I just couldn't handle it anymore. That isn't even factoring in the realization that for every character that hit max level it was the start of the daily train. I've never been good at, or enjoyed dailies. I am the poster child for casual playing. I don't need the fancy things, I just want to level, have fun with friends, and not have to feel like the game is a second job. I did my best, you know, tried to muscle through, but ultimately I failed and couldn't keep doing two hours of dailies every day.

I was really hoping pokemon would interest me, because I had nearly 200 pets before the patch even went live, but aside from seasonal pets I had all of the rare ones within the first week camping on two servers and abusing restarts, and the actual battling isn't really interesting to me at all, I never even unlocked the dailies. I'm not anticipating much of anything convincing me to come back. Especially once they activate CRZ in Pandaria. I just need to find a game that can fulfill my leveling enjoyment, that has good music (I totally play with game music on and am in love with it, entering Tanaris still makes me smile) and I would probably be free of WoW for good.

I would definitely, hands down, come back if the implemented a pay-per-minute sort of feature. Fifteen bucks just isn't worth it for me anymore when I only feel like playing a couple hours a week, or when I do play it's interrupted by PVP. If I could just pay for what I used in terms of logged in game time, I would be back within the month, no question about it.