Deleted

TellMeWhen - wtf

Is it me or is TellMeWhen size big for some reason? I've had it since Cata and it was always around 1mb. Then pre-MoP patch with the new interface it jumped to around 4mb. Now 5.1 it's 6mb wtf??? I always had four icons to monitor my procs, so I don't really know.......

This is excatly why I decided not to use the addon - thought the memory usage was insane compared to my old beloved Power Aura Classic (Please relase a MoP version soon!).

I really don't think 6 MB should be cause for worry. The world of warcraft data folder is almost 24 GB (That's 24,576 megabytes). TellMeWhen has gotten significantly more capabilities since about 3/4 through cata. Also you aren't limited to just 4 icons. You can make more rows of icons, more columns of icons, or completely separate groups, or even different sets depending on what spec you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    This is excatly why I decided not to use the addon - thought the memory usage was insane compared to my old beloved Power Aura Classic (Please relase a MoP version soon!).
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oPVersion.html

Ssanteneth - The 6 MB is your RAM usage, the 24 GB WoW folder is stored on your hard drive. RAM is typically 2-8 GB on modern computers. So your comparison a bit odd.

Still, the 6 MB isn't very significant unless your computer is barely running WoW anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    I really don't think 6 MB should be cause for worry. The world of warcraft data folder is almost 24 GB (That's 24,576 megabytes). TellMeWhen has gotten significantly more capabilities since about 3/4 through cata. Also you aren't limited to just 4 icons. You can make more rows of icons, more columns of icons, or completely separate groups, or even different sets depending on what spec you are.
    I never said I was limited to four icons- I meant I use only four icons to monitor on my main. (alt rogue uses combo points, alt pala holy power etc) yet the size is still 6mb which is like 2/3 of my total addon memory haha.

But yes, you're right 6mb is really nothing.. just found it odd that's it's gotten bigger. But then again I haven't really taken a look at what new stuff/improvements that have been added over the time.

I'm running at 1.96mb now with 6 icons/groups on an alt and garbage freshly emptied after setting them up, so it varies wildly. It has gotten bulkier, though, but that's because the author's adapting to requests and changes/additions by Blizzard.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

I know about the official update, I just want to wait for the "real" release since i already once lost all my settings once

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMoxie View Post
    I'm running at 1.96mb now with 6 icons/groups on an alt and garbage freshly emptied after setting them up, so it varies wildly. It has gotten bulkier, though, but that's because the author's adapting to requests and changes/additions by Blizzard.
    So how exactly have you got it to be at that size? Are you using some addon to empty garbage or is there some setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Extra View Post
    So how exactly have you got it to be at that size? Are you using some addon to empty garbage or is there some setting?
    I empty garbage using TukUI's built in datatext thingy. I assume the default UI has the same ability but I haven't used it in so long. That's all I did to get it to 1.96mb after setting groups up, so I'm not sure what else to tell you.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Deleted
    Hmmmm, will try that out see what happens.