Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I like one-shot mechanics! No really, I do!

Brawler's Guild requires a bit of both though. Having all the gear in the world doesn't instantly hand you wins all the way. But it does help you to gain an edge!

Common Sense + Gear

No 'skill' involved in not standing in X

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Common Sense + Gear

No 'skill' involved in not standing in X
    There is more than "not standing in X", I may add. Else you could just claim raiding not to take skill, and it does, even if people don't admit it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Skill (from experience, often) is involved with executing a rotation over extended periods of time whilst maintaining enough awareness not to "stand in X" during that same amount of time when X is very much a living variable.

Seeing as how the fights can be done in 463 gear up until Rank 7 or 8, I say it is "skill" (I'll concede I doubt it takes much). At rank 8, it is skill and gear, but skill can get someone without heroic gear just as far as gear. At least if you're an elemental shaman, it seems =P
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

survive to enrage then you know what's required by the fight.
    beat the enrag and you're geared enough and know what's required by the fight.

"Skill" is a overused term in wow, dps/heal/tank (generally knowing your class) isn't hard...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    battletron is the gearcheck i got stuck at.. and im in mostly normal raidgear.. near 490ilvl.
    Skill until Battletron which requires around 485 iLvl to beat enrage on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    60% Skill, 20% Gear and %20 Class. I read the posts above me, they all say gear, gear, gear but they dont consider using the gear. You can give BiS gear to a mediocre player that will die or hit the enrage timer. Mostly skill then gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be scaled like challenge modes imo. But ah well, the rest of us that dont raid normals will probably just have to wait till well into 5.2 before we get the drops from LFR.

Deleted
    I did the first 7 ranks + the C'thun thingy on rank 8 in 483 ilvl, partially pvp gear and a blue 471 upgraded main hand - Found Battletron to be the dps check, managed with 85,5k after several tries. I'd say the funny thing in Brawler's Guild, is the jorney ;-)

Deleted
    skill and gear

I'm currently at battletron in my offspec 483 ret gear, no set bonuses. I just can't out dps the enrage timer.

So yeah, there are a few encounters that requires you to do high end pve, unless you're a class that's not very gear dependant.

Deleted
    Closed.. Sticky here boys and girls!