Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost Bomb Hotfix December 13

Frost Bomb will now detonate after 4 seconds (was 6 seconds), and the damage it deals to other players has been reduced by 20%.

If the Fire Blast glyph change wasn't enough to force me into another direction for PVP, I'm pretty sure I'm headed to respec fire right now.

Although, trying out Frost with one of the other bomb spells might be intriguing.

Any thoughts from the community?

After seeing backpedalling mages at 2k rating, I'd welcome any mage changes that would actually make the class harder to play.

A very welcome hotfix really, which I'm sure the majority of the PvP community could see coming, since Frost Bomb just does too too much damage.

this change jus makes me lol.. mages were already really easy to kill and they still had to dumb it down for people that cant dispel fast enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    this change jus makes me lol.. mages were already really easy to kill and they still had to dumb it down for people that cant dispel fast enough.
    Are you trolling? You better be trolling. The problem with frost bomb was faaaaaaaaaar from it being easily dispelled or not. What kind of mage frost bombs in arena when the healer isn't cc'd or blanketed or something? A shit one. Not to mention, surprisingly enough because of the fireblast glyph, it's super easy to detonate a bomb before a dispel can come in (not only but also because they have a semi-long CD and you can't just whore it waiting for the bomb to come sometimes) - that's why they nerfed it, and it's actually a very smart change by Blizzard for once. No one with brain activity would ever think this is a bad change unless they're a mage and can't help being in denial.

Deleted
    Was that nerf in addition to the 50%? Or instead ?

Addition. Though the 50% is only applied if you detonate it early.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Was that nerf in addition to the 50%? Or instead ?
    Yes fireblast glyph is not something mages want to use anymore. Its nerfed by %60 in total if you use fireblast glpyh.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Not to mention, surprisingly enough because of the fireblast glyph, it's super easy to detonate a bomb before a dispel can come in (not only but also because they have a semi-long CD and you can't just whore it waiting for the bomb to come sometimes) - that's why they nerfed it, and it's actually a very smart change by Blizzard for once. No one with brain activity would ever think this is a bad change unless they're a mage and can't help being in denial.
    No one with a brain would say that mage was fine before nerf
    No one with a brain would say that the Fireblast nerf was a "smart change"
    Post-nerf HL Arena was melee cleave, hunter and frost mage : The game. what will happen if they pretty much delete the main source of damage of frost-mage mid-season while nerfing sustained heals, gee I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    go fight a mage over 2.3k rating in 3s with a dk.They are almost invincible

A change needed to be made, however this change was horrible. The 20% to players would have been good, adding the glyph to that is too much. You just have to look at the numbers to realize that this change was too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Are you trolling? You better be trolling. The problem with frost bomb was faaaaaaaaaar from it being easily dispelled or not. What kind of mage frost bombs in arena when the healer isn't cc'd or blanketed or something? A shit one. Not to mention, surprisingly enough because of the fireblast glyph, it's super easy to detonate a bomb before a dispel can come in (not only but also because they have a semi-long CD and you can't just whore it waiting for the bomb to come sometimes) - that's why they nerfed it, and it's actually a very smart change by Blizzard for once. No one with brain activity would ever think this is a bad change unless they're a mage and can't help being in denial.
    i thought calling someone a troll was against the rules here?

I believe he asked him if he was trolling, then hoped that said troll was a troll rather than an idiot. Obe tends to be a bit more flexible on the posting rules given circumstances. For example, allowing the use of char names during the MMR exploit a few weeks ago instead of chalking it up as black and white name and shaming.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    i thought calling someone a troll was against the rules here?
    The rules do not apply to them here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    The rules do not apply to them here.
    I actually did try to infract him for that He's my senior officer so it doesn't let me, also I was mostly just going to do it for the lulz.

In any case though, calling someone a troll only counts toward the three strikes per three months policy - so because Obelodalix so rarely does anything against policy, it almost assuredly wouldn't actually ever amount to a ban (which would only be 3 days even if he did do it three times) anyways.

The rules do apply to us as well though, just so you know
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    And I thought they nerfed deep freeze to give people a chance to move their asses....
    Meh whatever, at least mages will be a bit easier to survive now.

I'm fine with nerfing things like Frost Bomb and Taste for Blood, but the way they're doing it with changing how it works against players is very lazy design imo.

The funny thing is, when I played a Mistweaver doing PVP I used to love getting Frost Bombed (and when I take my Windwalker out for a random BG now and again, I still do) because of Diffuse Magic. If you got one on you, sent it back to the mage and immediately stunned them, you completely threw off their groove. Same for Devouring Plague with Shadow Priests and Flameshock with Elemental Shamans. Just ruins them. (Elemental shaman is by far the worst if they ascended, because now they can't crit and for 6 seconds you're taking 90% less damage from those lava bursts.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    go fight a mage over 2.3k rating in 3s with a dk.They are almost invincible
    mages arent invincible.. they never were.. if that were true pvp would revolve around mages.. which it doesnt.. burst takes time to setup and frostbomb cant be instantly exploded when applied... it still has a 1-2 second delay... they already nerfed deepfreeze and people still complain.. lol

the main problem is listed above.. if we wanted to explode early frostbomb in pve we'd still get screwed over cause blizz cant differentiate between dmg vs players and monsters.. or they just choose not to.

Deleted
    I'd love to know when spampede is gonna get nerfd or removed from being usable in arena. Cause atm it's retarted hunter sleeps me > blinds > Traps > Scatter shot. The only damage he needs to do to my partner is stampede which is usually enough to kill him in around 3 seconds. Stampede is an "I win" button and it needs sorted at least for arena for bgs it's fair enough it's a 5 minute cd, but most arena matches only last 10 to 24 seconds.

Good nerf to frost bomb but what about stampede!