Lesser Charm of Good Fortune

Now, before you read my post, I would like to point out that this is not a "where are my free loot rolls" type of thread. So, please, dont shoot me down on just the title.

Tomorrow, I will hit exalted with Operation Shieldwall and with that, I will have all reputations gained by daily's on exalted. I will have a little over 720 lesser coins, enough for 8 weeks of coins. So, thats a good thing.

The problem is, what after 8 weeks. Then I am down to 0 coins. Most will say, if you want coins you have to work for it, just like the rest of us. The thing is, I did, for weeks. I am relieved I finally completed enough daily quests, but in 8 weeks, i will have to do them again if I want my extra rolls.

Now the problem with the system is that a daily contains 3 parts for anyones motivation. Valor, Reputation, and Coins. Only, all my reputations are exalted, and I get valor cap by raiding. So, only the coins are the reason to do those nasty dailies again. Now, dont get me wrong, I will do enough daily's to get my 3 extra coins each week, but my issue is that MoP is already a daily grind, and eventually, the rewards from those dailies feel less and less valuable, as 2/3rd of the reward is useless for me.

What I would like to see, is for example that the cost of 3 coins drop in price if you have the Pandaren Ambassador achievement. A better solution might be adding more ways to earn coins.

I just feel I did more then enough dailies, more then I ever did during whole cataclysm. Now that I completed the factions, it doesnt feel right that I need to do so many dailies again if I want the coins. Again, dont get me wrong, I dont want 3 free golden coins mailed to me every week, but what I do want is some motivation besides just the lesser coins.

How can you have so few coins? I have about 1350. I guess I've done some extra then even after getting exalted.

Well, once 5.2 hits you'll have NEW dailies to work on. Plus you missed a 4th reason to do dailies, easy gold. I honestly wouldn't worry about about your coin count too much. If you're a mount collector, you could also be working on Golden Lotus dailies and it really stretches things out. Just doing the dailies gives you chances at the sky shards for Alani. Yes actually sitting down and grinding it out is faster but if you're not in a huge rush this is a good work at it without grinding.

We're likely to get new dailies and rep each patch this expansion. To quote the Pandaren's "Slow down." Don't rush the rep, I haven't been picking any rep buffs for a reason, to stretch this out more...Ok I honestly just forgot to pick up my carasole buff during DMF and I just can't be bothered to catch an animal myself with those silly traps. But it's been working for me. I'm estimating 3-6 days for me depending on how fast the last three chains come. Then I'll likely work on Golden Lotus again for Alani.

Deleted
    my solution is just do the golden lotus for a few days a week and you will hit your coins needed, so if you don't want to do all the dailies just do the ones you enjoy the most and you should be fine as said with the golden lotus at revered (never really went past as only went far enough to unlock the VP gear) you get 3 quest hubs, with 4 quests a hub and a end quest, each quest is 2 charms, so that's 26 a day, so 4 days and your done with a few off the next week.

There will probably be new dailies by the time you run out.

Besides, it only takes ~6 dailies per day to have enough coins for the week. You're generally done in 20 minutes depending on your server population.

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    my solution is just do the golden lotus for a few days a week and you will hit your coins needed, so if you don't want to do all the dailies just do the ones you enjoy the most and you should be fine as said with the golden lotus at revered (never really went past as only went far enough to unlock the VP gear) you get 3 quest hubs, with 4 quests a hub and a end quest, each quest is 2 charms, so that's 26 a day, so 4 days and your done with a few off the next week.
    LOL at "do the ones you enjoy the most." No one "enjoys" the dailies, we tolerate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasblossom View Post
    LOL at "do the ones you enjoy the most." No one "enjoys" the dailies, we tolerate them.
    Speak for yourself, I enjoy them. I've done them all to Revered, and then I'm just taking 1 or 2 to Exalted at a time. No need to burn oneself out on them considering all the "mandatory" stuff is available at Revered.

What's wrong with running out of coins a little before 5.2? It won't slow you down THAT much.

Lesser coins stack to 1 million according to the currency tab.

Currently at 1605, and im only 6k rep into revered with DO.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    The problem is, what after 8 weeks. Then I am down to 0 coins. Most will say, if you want coins you have to work for it, just like the rest of us. The thing is, I did, for weeks. I am relieved I finally completed enough daily quests, but in 8 weeks, i will have to do them again if I want my extra rolls.
    Each daily gives 2 coins. You only need 90 coins per week. That's 45 quests a week, or 6-7 dailies a day. That doesn't take long at all. You could probably do it in the time you take to queue for LFR.

I can't stand the MoP dailies but like the poster above said, do them while queueing for LFR. That's the only time I do them now and I manage to get my coins each week on multiple toons. I haven't gotten all my reps up yet but this way it's tolerable.