Thread: Men with rings.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on personal taste. I'll personally not wear a ring until I'm married.

Deleted
    I wear a gold band, people notice but not in a bad way, just curiosity.

Eh, finger rings probably looks fine on some guys. I'm not a fan of piercings though (like in the ear, nipple, the Johnson, etc.), it's not because I think it makes people look fruity or anything (I don't have anything against gay people), it's more that they seem like dodgy types. I'd rather avoid those.

I only wear one ring coz it gives me something to fiddle with. All my piercings are studs but i've had rings in my lip, ears and eyebrows.

still weird. if it's not gay you come off looking like some mafia wannabee, which is still a little gay. and not in a bad way but you might give them the kiss of death way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wear rings sometimes, don't see anything wrong with it at all. I also have a necklace that I wore every day for well over a decade.

I dont see anything wrong with guys wearing jewellery, personally I wear a necklace, a ring that was a gift from my grandmother(may she R.I.P) and an earring. As long as its not "girly" jewellery I dont see a problem.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    still weird. if it's not gay you come off looking like some mafia wannabee, which is still a little gay. and not in a bad way but you might give them the kiss of death way.
    If you wear 10 rings on each hand and 5 necklaces, sure. Otherwise its hardly noticeable.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Skyr View Post

So what do you think about it? Does a thought instantly strike you when you see a male wearing a ring? Or do you see it just as a normal accessorie
    I wear 2 rings, my wedding band and a solid silver half inch band in memory of a friend.

I think plain stuff on men is fine, but the stuff with stones in etc.. honestly.. seems a little fruity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a fan of rings on males or females unless they mean something. Engagement ring or Wedding ring. It's more understandable for women to wear them with no meaning but still kind of pointless to me, though it would look more normal.

On men however it might look kind of silly for a man to be wearing a ring with a precious gem in it or something. It's just not something I've ever seen in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only men i see wearing rings are older men. Most of them seem to be Persian or Indian in most cases here in NYC. I see lots of them on the train. I see nothing wrong with it honestly.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wear a ring but it's nothing fancy. I just like wearing the simple looking rings like the one I have is just a silver ring with a copper color tribal design going around it, it's cool.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I think its cool because you don't see it much. In fact, one of my ideas for the collector's edition of Diablo 3 was some kind of demonic or angelic ring, some sealing wax, and parchment. You could write letters, fold it, use the wax to seal it, and then press your ring into the wax to leave your mark.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Not really a fan of rings on males or females unless they mean something. Engagement ring or Wedding ring. It's more understandable for women to wear them with no meaning but still kind of pointless to me, though it would look more normal.

On men however it might look kind of silly for a man to be wearing a ring with a precious gem in it or something. It's just not something I've ever seen in real life.
    You kinda miss the point. Normal is boring. My closet has zero:

Hoodies
    Skinny jeans
    Polo shirts

These things are too popular, and therefore uncool.

I hate following the crowd. A ring on a guy would be different, and THAT makes it cool. If guys all started wearing rings, it would begin to suck as a fashion statement.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:17 AM ----------

Oh and piercings and tattoos and EXTREMELY uncool, because they are WAY too popular and you see it everywhere at this point.

Develop your OWN style. That is cool.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2012-12-15 at 07:24 PM.

Nothing wrong with wearing rings O_o even if they look "girly" (wtf is a girly ring anyway? hmm heart shaped?)

If they are staring at your ring might be because its big/huge? or appreciating it.
    Dont let ideas such as those affect you, only insecure men will follow such rules, "real" men will do what the hell they please, that includes gay men who do wtf they please, they are manlier than many straight guys who are too afraid to do what they want in fear of their sexuality being questioned lol.

I have/wear some jewelry.
    A silver ring in celtic weave shape, right hand.
    A silver ankh on my left ear
    2 silver necklaces, one with a garnet other with a moldevite.
    Also got a silver poison ring with a garnet but dont use it often because its "too big" for my taste.

Fashion choices have little to do with sexual preference, you can be the straightest men on earth, and dress in drag time to time, if it fits your fancy why not, bottom line, do what you want and screw what others might think.
    If anything, it will serve you well, because that will make judgemental/short minded people avoid you, you are likely better off without them in your life.

I don't see what's so special about the ring you linked that only men should wear it.

Men and women can wear whatever jewelry they want as far as I'm concerned. Who am I to say otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    You kinda miss the point. Normal is boring. My closet has zero:

Hoodies
    Skinny jeans
    Polo shirts

These things are too popular, and therefore uncool.

I hate following the crowd. A ring on a guy would be different, and THAT makes it cool. If guys all started wearing rings, it would begin to suck as a fashion statement.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:17 AM ----------

Oh and piercings and tattoos and EXTREMELY uncool, because they are WAY too popular and you see it everywhere at this point.

Develop your OWN style. That is cool.
    What if the style you're comfortable with happens to be something which is fairly popular? Should someone change themselves for the sake of standing out/"looking cool?"

If wearing a hoodie makes me uncool, then I don't want to be cool. :l
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-12-15 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    If guys all started wearing guys,
    wouldnt that be ... interesting? lol :P
    Yes yes i know, mistype, but made me laugh like hell

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I don't see what's so special about the ring you linked that only men should wear it.

Men and women can wear whatever jewelry they want as far as I'm concerned. Who am I to say otherwise?

What if the style you're comfortable with happens to be something which is fairly popular? Should someone change themselves for the sake of standing out/"looking cool?"

"male rings" are usually very big and bulky, although i too see no reason for that.
    Guess its good old compensation...

15+ Year Old Account
    I wear a plain silver ring with some Irish knot scroll work on the band. My girlfriend actually gave it to me. If someone doesn't like it they can shove it where the sun don't shine.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post

Yes, you get rid of it when it gets popular.

I used to wear polo shirts. Got rid of them all when they got popular.

Right now the following is off the cool list:

1. hoodies
    2. skinny jeans
    3. polo shirt
    4. piercings
    5. tattoos
    6. for women, those knee high boots.
    7. for men, square-toed dress shoes and whitewall sneakers.

Do NOT wear these under any circumstances. All of these things are way too trendy and popular and identify yourself as a mindless sheep.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2012-12-15 at 11:02 PM.

Deleted
    quite common to see people wearing sovereign and signet rings in the UK

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Engineer ring and a wedding band, both of which I take off when I sit down at the drum kit...the impact shock will break even sturdy rings
    Nothing wrong with looking good as a man, and tasteful rings ect. tend to let people know you can climb out of the gutter, hose the crap off and act like you got some class now and then.
    The missus tends to approve, and I bet she's got better taste then a fair whack of gamers
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    since i don't give the slightest fuck of what people think about me nor about fashion i wear what i think looks good on me. if Rings are in so be it