Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Err... Wha? They did their best to force daily grinds down people's throats if they want faction rewards/ some BiS gear.
    If you desperately need the good gear for whatever, raiding and heroic raiding will do the job for you. And with the new upgrade system, you don't ever have to do a single daily in order to use your valor points. Just upgrade your raiding gear.

They introduced farming and monster fighting aspects that are both done much better in other games.
    It has always been done better in other games, nothing new there.

PvP has been the kind of broken that usually requires the legendary weapons from day one.
    PVP is always broken in the first season of a new expansion. To expect anything different when every single spec in the game, plus the entire talents system, got overhauled, expecting anything different is delusional.

PvE has just got to the point where the new mechanics are pretty much all rehashes of old - to be fair, with the amount of bosses in the game, that was inevitable eventually.
    This is nothing new. Every single expansion has been "plagued" with "reused content" and "copy-pasted" encounters. I don't see how it suddenly wouldn't be a "problem" now (putting the problem in quotes because I personally don't have any problems with it).

The lore stuff that you can pretty much sit through once, and then there's no real reason to ever look at it again?
    Again, how is this different from other expansions? Once you do a playthrough of the lore, you don't ever have to touch it again. Why is it suddenly a problem now when it wasn't during the past 3 expansions and Vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    There is indeed Farmville in WoW. I'm not a Facebook fan and never played the real Farmville. Not the Farmville, but the mobs around Farmville are so out of place. Giant rat-like creatures. It's gross.
    It's actually more like Harvest Moon in most ways. There's even a Blue Feather item.

The worst of all tho is there is no warcraft in wow anymore. It's World of Pandacrap. My beloved Warcraft was removed from the game.
    So, two invading armies fighting it out on the beaches of of a jungle on some forgotten corner of the world isn't "Warcraft" to you but "Pandacrap?" Really? What's missing? Do you miss the dead bodies surrounded by grieving spirits being Non-Panda looking people? Do you miss the giant monsters torturing non-Panda looking people? Is there some gleeful aspect to playing through another rehash of Norse Mythology or visiting an alien world that ultimately has the same quests with different models? You're playing a rather gruesome and depressing expansion that's centered around the showcasing the horrors of war. Clearly "Warcraft" means something different to you than this paragraph describes.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    If you have no interest in doing the "in-depth" aspects of the game, then you'll need to just wait for them to put in more easy things to knock off in a few minutes for instant gratitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Game is boring 'cause you have to actually do something to earn something?
    Being able to play for a few hours a day does not mean I expect a reward every time I play. I am perfectly happy to play and work towards something. I have completed many things in my WoW experience that took a long time to get rewarded for, my problem is that I've done with all those things now and I am looking for something else to do.

I've had this so many times before its countless OP. Every exspansion, patch, area of time w/e, had this.

What is different now is that Im bored inn a exspansion I only played for about 40 days. Clearly I either out-grown wow (Even trough I wish nothing more than to enjoy it), or the exspansion design is just crap. I will say its crap, if you're bored so fast inn a 40 euro/dollar MMO exspansion pack.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    You should really try getting into a raiding guild its alot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you desperately need the good gear for whatever, raiding and heroic raiding will do the job for you. And with the new upgrade system, you don't ever have to do a single daily in order to use your valor points. Just upgrade your raiding gear.

It has always been done better in other games, nothing new there.

PVP is always broken in the first season of a new expansion. To expect anything different when every single spec in the game, plus the entire talents system, got overhauled, expecting anything different is delusional.

This is nothing new. Every single expansion has been "plagued" with "reused content" and "copy-pasted" encounters. I don't see how it suddenly wouldn't be a "problem" now (putting the problem in quotes because I personally don't have any problems with it).

Again, how is this different from other expansions? Once you do a playthrough of the lore, you don't ever have to touch it again. Why is it suddenly a problem now when it wasn't during the past 3 expansions and Vanilla?
    You can wait for raid drops, but people haven't had to before with rep gear. And again, BiS is BiS. It's Blizzard going out of their way to get people doing those dailies. Upgraded gear also takes weeks, and you won't cap VP to buy it doing full raid clears...

It may have, but people keep saying they're something to do in this game. I'm just pointing out that they are indeed something to do, but they aren't particularly good enough to be worth doing.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make of PvP always being bad being an excuse... 8 years in to the game, they should know a thing or two about how to balance the classes, and they shouldn't be letting stupid things like the BM hunter massive pet heal combined with huge spike damage and ignoring resilience.

Why do you keep making excuses for the game? The fact of the matter is simple, dull and repetitive is still dull and repetitive. You may not have a problem with it, but you are making a lot of excuses for the game being as terrible as it is now. So perhaps you've just been playing long enough that you don't care anymore.

In other expansions they weren't making a big deal about how they've added huge amounts of lore as though it was some kind of new thing. I never said the old stuff had replay value, but Blizzard used it as an example of something "new and exciting".

Pretty much the point I'm getting across is it's an old, polished turd that's being dressed and presented as lamb. And that these features others are suggesting when people are saying they're bored mostly aren't at a level that's worth looking at, add to the fact that after 8 years and with the simulations they brag about having, they still can't get any kind of PvE or PvP class balance when releasing new talents. In fact GC usually tries to defend the stupid shit they've done until the subs start declining over the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually only play a few hours a day except for weekends, but thanks.
    That's actually quite a lot if you're casual and not doing competitive raiding. Of COURSE you'llrun out of things to do especially if you don't want to do some of the alternate activities.

There are a couple of issues here:

1) excluding some activities. If you tried, say, pet battles for a bit and didn't like them, fine. But ignoring all of the alternatives to raiding/pvp (Brawler's, challenges, scenarios, etc) and then saying there's nothing to do feels like a self-created problem.

2) WoW is WoW. The core of the game has always been and will always be leveling, dungeons, raids and PVP. At max level, leveling goes away and can be replaced by rep grinds etc if you want that dynamic. But the game's always been limited at max level and if you can't or won't do many of the endgame activities of course you'll run out of things to do.

3) A lot of this is on t he player - if you know you can't raid due to schedule and won't do alternate activities then playing several hours a day and more ont he weekend is obviously going to run you out of things to do pretty fast. You can either a) decide to do some of the things you can but have refused to try, b) play less so you're more casual in terms of time commitment, c) take a break and come back in 5.2 when there will be some new things again.

just join a casual guild that isn't shit, there are plenty of 1-2 day a week guilds with decent heroic mode progress
    Hatred the Fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    do you actually read thread you reply to ?
    Sometimes, but most of the time I read part of it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Well, I still have my Shado Pan, AC, Anglers, still workin on Operation Shieldwall reputations to go for, I'm purposfully taking a casual approach on those to not burn myself out, since I don't need to have raid gear..to try and go get raid gear..
    The Tillers seirously isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, actually pretty nice alternative that you can tie into normal stuff, like planting Songs to get motes of harmony, some herbs, cloth, minerals, etc
    Try Challenge Modes, some PvP, Brawler's, Anglers has some funzies, just give it a chance.

Get your ilvl up that needed to start the next tier's lvl, then unsub and go play something else for a while.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"