10+ Year Old Account

Question about ingame RP

Does there exist any in-game RP? I'm VERY new to wow roleplaying (But I'm familiar with general roleplaying) and I know a lot of lore, just spread out a lot and only bits and pieces.
    But yes, does there exist in-game RP guilds that does roleplay events (or even more than one guild). This forum RP juts isn't me, when I play my character I want to be able to see him or be him. Urgh my question is messed up and hard to explain.¨

Edit:
    And if I were to make an old alliance veteran, around the age of 45 currently, what would he have experience if he joined the stormwind army around the age of 20? And afterwards quit at the age around 35 to go mercenary work. What battles would he had taken part in? And of course survived. Now retired soldier, part time mercenary, part time knight of own fortune helping people that he feels needs a strong, but yet old, swordarm. I don't know much about the recent lore really, I need to play the old rts games again. I haven't read any books
    Last edited by Spphy; 2012-12-15 at 02:23 AM.

Well I basically only do Forum-RP but I have started a few Characters on the EU RP realms. I do however only play with people from this forum here. Currently I sadly don't have the time on my hands to do either properly. If oyu use the search function you can easily find recommendations for RP Servers depending on faction and region. There is some active RP going on but from what I've gathered it'S not easy to get into an active guild. Maybe just start a character and go to the more active RP hubs and participate maybe something will come up.

An on topic of your character, there is an extensive timeline on wowpedia.org, the inofficial version is very detailed and we always use it as a reference for events you must/should have witnessed. Your character, beeing roughly born in year -15 would have been a teen when the first war happened and Stormwind was ransacked by the old Horde. (The start of Warcaft: Orcs and Humans is commonly year 0) I think you can go from there on. Have fun roleplaying
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-12-17 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the help I'll take a look at the timeline

I don't know too much about WoW's lore, but I've played around on some RP realms before, and there's a lot of ingame RP.