Thread: Stopcasting

Deleted

Stopcasting

Just a query, when is it correct to stopcasting a cobra shot.

eg. if you are half way through a cobra shot cast and lnl procs do you finish the cast and then press exp shot or do you cut it and exp shot.

eg. if you just started your cobra shot cast and lnl procs do you finish the cast and then press exp shot or do you cut it.

Deleted
    Personally, I only stop the cast, if it would lead me to cap focus. Ofcourse it's different if SS would fall off the target.
    The amount of times you'll actually increase your dps by stopping a cobra cast for a LnL is low, and the dps gain is (imo) not worth the extra effort.

only if you've JUST began casting and you get a lnl proc. If you've gone midcast then it's actually a dps loss. Even if you're gonna overcap focus, continue your cast imo.

It's almost always going to be a DPS loss to stop the cast of a Cobra Shot. As far as I know, the global cooldown is triggered as soon as you start casting, so you'd be losing out on that global to begin with no matter what so delaying another shot by less than a global cooldown is going to be worth it to avoid wasting that other global cooldown effectively doing nothing instead of getting the damage / SS refresh / focus from the Cobra Shot.

The only time I stopcast my Cobra Shot or Barrage is when I need to use Silencing Shot for something important, and then I delay the Silencing Shot for as long as possible - and if I know that it's coming up in the next GCD, I just won't use Cobra Shot until after I interrupt or after I use a non-cast/channeled ability to fill the gap if I have enough focus.

To wit, you lose one CoS to shave .6s off the next ES CD. Since each stopcasted CoS has the same ratio of lost CoS to .6s off next ES CD, you'd have to squeeze in an extra ES that you normally would not otherwise get in the fight for every other stopcasted Cobra Shot, assuming ES = CoSx2 (roughly).

It's just not worth it, imo.

Deleted
    Only use stopcasting for a critical deterrence/disengage. You're too human to see wether its 0,5 or 0,7 sec into the cast, the theoretical advantage of stopping the cast will never be realized in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    Just a query, when is it correct to stopcasting a cobra shot.

eg. if you are half way through a cobra shot cast and lnl procs do you finish the cast and then press exp shot or do you cut it and exp shot.

eg. if you just started your cobra shot cast and lnl procs do you finish the cast and then press exp shot or do you cut it.
    Only time I interrupt my CS/SS is if I need to interrupt.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notamonk View Post
    Only time I interrupt my CS/SS is if I need to interrupt.
    I think this is the rule of thumb for pretty much all classes, and that's only because interrupts tend to be off the GCD, so long as you are not actively casting something else.

However, to interrupt something midway because you got a proc tends to be a DPS loss for pretty much any class that I've seen, due to the GCD being triggered when you started casting, means you often can't do anything even if you interrupted immediately. And if the cast time has already gone beyond the GCD so you technically could use a /stopcasting macro to use a proc, you're better off just letting the attack happen and then use your proc or else you wasted that GCD for no damage.

Deleted
    just about stopcasting CS,mine macro :
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot / Kill Command or whatever
    isn' t working since 5.1,now i must press Esc button anytime,any tips for a working macro?^^

You have to do /stopcasting 2 times once for current shot and one for auto shot. Pretty sure that's how i corrected my macro.

/stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast kill shot

so on so on :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast kill shot

so on so on :3
    ty very much^^