Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've spent over 50 spirits on cooking tokens. Got to get the frying pan and the rolling pin.

I accumulated 200 of these and finally decided to convert some into gold lol.

OP try harder and actually play this game, you'll be swimming in more SoH than you can find a use for.

edit: Each toon you have Exalted with Tillers = 3 Spirit of Harmonies every 2 days for 5 minutes of work. Do this every day routinely on multiple toons = SoH heaven.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 57 Spirits with nothing to spend them on
    Aye mate

You aren't supposed to be able to get 5 in a day... that's insane. They aren't made for that. Get some from your farm, very easy that way
    i know a spot where i normally get 4-5 in 2 hours of aoe farming.

OT: Thread maker if you want a good spot you can PM me. i wont leave that info on open forum so everyone can go there and ruin it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Harmony drop rates have increased significantly with 5.1, despite no fansite raving alluding to that effect.

I'm sorry you're mad at video games.

(Edit, and a contention for actual discussion: Hey, remember all the Cata Kids getting angry at Chaos Orbs?)

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    that means dailies im pretty he wont be into that, he wants it handed too him without effort
    Or he wants items he already has handed to his alts without having to go through the same effort again. I can understand why the spirits are bound, but not why they're BoP rather than BoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Lol it's a sad day when we consider right clicking on 16 mounds of dirt and cleaning the plants "effort"
    It's no effort at all; it's just boring. Especially grinding yourself up to revered before you can even start planting seeds, and then doing that on every character you want spirits on. It's not that farming songbells is too time consuming, it's that grinding reputation before you can even start farming songbells is too time consuming (and, more importantly, rather depressing).

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    I agree, lifting the soulbound restriction off the item would do wonders.
    No, it would just destroy their market value in a day, considering how easy they are to grow for a repped-up character.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Or he wants items he already has handed to his alts without having to go through the same effort again. I can understand why the spirits are bound, but not why they're BoP rather than BoA.

It's no effort at all; it's just boring. Especially grinding yourself up to revered before you can even start planting seeds, and then doing that on every character you want spirits on. It's not that farming songbells is too time consuming, it's that grinding reputation before you can even start farming songbells is too time consuming (and, more importantly, rather depressing).

No, it would just destroy their market value in a day, considering how easy they are to grow for a repped-up character.
    They really do need to make spirits BOA.

Also, you can farm mobs under Potion of Luck effect.

For me its also just another part of the hole gated-content. I cant get LW recipes quick, and my AH playing is hindered by this.

Basicly I hate it all the way.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    My character has no use for them so I try to turn them into some gold. But I would prefer if they would stop with the bop on these things.
    It wouldn't change anything if this item could be played with on the open market, just some extra supply from those without crafting jobs. When I ask guildies to make me something, I much more prefer if I can supply them all the materials.

primal nether/frozen orb/chaos orb/spirit of harmony. The only thing that has gotten better with mop is that at least now I can gather them instead of not even being able to roll on these very valuable drops (jc+alch). JC you can now use them to learn blue gems quicker but there's no use to learn them when perfect green gems are x5 cheaper and give the same stats :/

In vanilla it felt much more rewarding to spend spare time to grind mobs for essences, cloth or leather. Those things got you your first mount.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I have 40 of these spirits just sitting there doing nothing. My problem is, my main is a gatherer toon, and my alts are all the workhorses, so it would be nice to get them account bound so i'd have a use for them.
    Buy the mats from the Spirit vendor at your Capital City in Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    This item is the perfect example of bad game design. It's frustrating to collect these, because there's no way to gather them quick. I need 5 Spirit of Harmony by tonight, BUT WAIT there's no farming hot spots for these! .
    Seriously? I think I manage to get 5 SPirits within an hour on almost any semi-crowded mob area that drops them. I have around a 100 SPirits still in the bank and I haven't even been farming them really....
    You must be doing something very very wrong or you are too lazy to do any work for it in my opinion. Besides why would you NEED to have them for tonight?

USually when I did all my dailies I would have gathered 20-30 motes... really.

If I needed lets say 20 Volatile Air right away back in cata, I could either buy them off the AH or go and farm some wind elementals in Uldum for a bit and collect 'em. No problem at all.

I can't do that with these motes of harmony. That's why I have a problem with it.

Blizzard said that these motes of harmony were the replacement of volatiles from Cata, eternals from Wrath, and primals from TBC. If they're the replacement, why is collecting them so much more frustrating?
    I look at them more like a slightly less restrictive replacement for chaos orbs.

While there are more ways to get the SOH's, I also feel that any crafting ingredient that is bop is detrimental overall to the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    I only get 15 per day, because I do the Farmers daily for an easy 2 tokens
    Just dig it up after the ? turns yellow and replant.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

they should be BOA. I have alts that could use these things, but currently I only really use them on lotus for flasks or to sell.

BOA wouldnt hurt the market, and you earned the spirits anyway, so why not?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post

It takes like no time with the rep boost now. I get between 4-5k rep a day on my newest toon to start Tillers. I should get to start planting special seeds today after my 3-4 days of dailies.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.