Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Obtain 200 mounts.

Good morning fellow mmo-champions. Today i had this crazy idea as i woke up, i wanted to do some archaeology but its really boring because the mount cast time, so what i was thinking is to give the ability to those that obtain 200 mounts to have no cast time on their mounts :3

Another option would be to increase the flying speed to 350%. Of course that's not really outrageous because i have right now 492% as a paladin.

Non-Paladin Current flying speed 410% -> 450% - so 40% increased.
    Paladin current flying speed 492% -> 540% - so 48% increased.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

From a PvP perspective they could never make this apply to ground mounts (would give a really unfair advantage to the guy that has instacast mount), and who knows if it would be possible to make ground mounts have a cast time and flying mounts not (and for that matter mounts that count as both ground and flying). As for the speed increase, also not likely to happen. Back in Wrath they said they didn't want to offer any more speed increases past 310%.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Well they did say many things and changed their minds 180 degrees. I don`t see why this can't be happening. Also yea i think it shouldn't work in PVP
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

I so much want instant cast mounts but they will never tie player power like that to an achievement

Wait, have you guys been at Krasarang wilds lately? There is a buff in which casting mounts have the time decreased by 75%. They just need to disable that in Battlegrounds, and I see no problem in making it a reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Wait, have you guys been at Krasarang wilds lately? There is a buff in which casting mounts have the time decreased by 75%. They just need to disable that in Battlegrounds, and I see no problem in making it a reward.
    Noticed and I quite like the idea. True it would be unfair in PvP but why not do this at least for flying mounts (usefull for collecting herbs/ore/artifacts and questing).

No player power from achievements, though I do also want an instant-cast mount that's permanent. If it's an issue of pvp balance, just remove that functionality in BGs/pvp zones...they already do that with the water strider's ability to walk on water, so it should be possible.

Or an archaeology rare that gives you instant cast on mounts for 10 seconds after using survey.

I couldn't level archaeology on anything but a druid.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Good morning fellow mmo-champions. Today i had this crazy idea as i woke up, i wanted to do some archaeology but its really boring because the mount cast time, so what i was thinking is to give the ability to those that obtain 200 mounts to have no cast time on their mounts :3

Another option would be to increase the flying speed to 350%. Of course that's not really outrageous because i have right now 492% as a paladin.

Non-Paladin Current flying speed 410% -> 450% - so 40% increased.
    Paladin current flying speed 492% -> 540% - so 48% increased.
    Considering that the fastest mount speed is 310% and the most you can get with a class bonus is an additional 20%, the fastest you could possibly go would be 330%, not even close to the 410% you posted as minimum.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Considering that the fastest mount speed is 310% and the most you can get with a class bonus is an additional 20%, the fastest you could possibly go would be 330%, not even close to the 410% you posted as minimum.
    No. I have 418% on my rogue with 280% flying. The speed increase isn't for the base speed but your actual speed. If for example you ride an ground mound you'd be 200% fast, the 10% from guild bonus give you 10% on these 200% so 220% and class bonuses stack with these aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    No. I have 418% on my rogue with 280% flying. The speed increase isn't for the base speed but your actual speed. If for example you ride an ground mound you'd be 200% fast, the 10% from guild bonus give you 10% on these 200% so 220% and class bonuses stack with these aswell.
    ^ This, when I'm flying around on my 310% mount with the guild perk I'm at 451% movement speed.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I'd love to move faster, Blizz has stated several times that in-game speeds are already faster then they'd like.

Instant mounting would be fun... but, as others have pointed out, it has PvP implications. (Though with CRZ, I'm not sure Blizzard cares: you often can't get revenge for alts getting ganked anyway.)

Playing Devil's Advocate further, if you put it on an arbitrary number of mounts (e.g., 200), you run the risk of "everyone" having that an expansion or two down the road, when more mounts are included.

200 Mounts is doable now (though hard), and in the next expansion, will be doable without most drops from raids/dungeons.

I just went through my Mount list (186 currently), and was able to remove 41 mounts that are Dungeon/Raid/Holiday boss drops, not obtainable, class-specific (Paladin), Blizzard Store, or from a Meta Achievement (I did remove the 50, 100, and 150 mount achievement mounts too, though those come automatically). So the only thing listed is Vendor (ie: Reputation or Honor) and Quest Reward (not ones that are random chance, like the Egg in SHolazar, or the Hyldnir Bag from Storm Peaks) mounts, which is 145. And I am missing 3 JC mounts and the Vial of the Sands, so that ups it to 149, without a single "luck" based mount, all just work/gold (152 once you account the 3 mount collecting mount rewards).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum View Post
    While I'd love to move faster, Blizz has stated several times that in-game speeds are already faster then they'd like.
    As much as I'm a strong supporter of "easier travel" and more accessibility and less stupidity (grind, waiting) in game, I have to agree. There's a lot of technical downsides, namely server lag and node lag that come with traveling too quickly.

I'd rather see more portals in game, a zeppelin and boat overhaul (that gave the location of a zeppelin and boat so one would know how long to take) and tram overhaul in that, and even (gasp) faster flight paths... as much as they are a bit overshadowed by flying mounts, they are nice for AFK breaks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Well they did say many things and changed their minds 180 degrees. I don`t see why this can't be happening. Also yea i think it shouldn't work in PVP
    Because if blizzard did this.. The 98%+ of the players that do not have this achievement would go nuts. I can swear to god that if they would have implented the instant cast for flight form today people would have cried their eyes out.

I agree with the faster cast times, but maybe not instant. It could be disabled in pvp, just like the guild mount speed bonus, and it would still give players an advantage if they worked to collect all of these mounts. While by the next xpac 200 mounts will be easier to come by, that's still two years off (I'd assume) and a large portion of the player base most likely wont bother to get that many mounts. It's still a large investment in gold/time to get to that number.

Mount achievements should never be anything other than cosmetic.

That said, I haven't liked any of the 50, 100, 150 meta mounts so far. I wouldn't mind if the 200 one is actually nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Mount achievements should never be anything other than cosmetic.

That said, I haven't liked any of the 50, 100, 150 meta mounts so far. I wouldn't mind if the 200 one is actually nice.
    Seeing as everyone can get mount achievements, I see no reason why we can't add some functionality to make our existing mounts better. Each time we get a mount achievement, it is simply a recolor of an existing mount. All Drake mounts, Sunreaver Dragonhawk, and now the kite. A Reduced cast time in open world zones would be nice to have.

How many of us that have all the mount achievements actually USE the mounts we get from said achievements for more than a week or two?

I would rather get a cool looking mount instead of instant casting mounts.

My personal opinion is that i am actually happy with the 150 mount achievement.

I do not think any form of reward should be implemented as of yet for the 200 mount achievement.
    If i would want anything from a 200 mount achievement.
    I would like another mount, becoz mounts are awesome

Can you imagine a world with instant cast time on mounts?
    Would be a terrible idea. World pvp kills will diminish.
    And i quite like killing a random horde when i feel like it.
    Even reducing the cast time would be a terrible idea.
    Those 2 secs to a ganker chasing his prey is Godly

We already have a instant cast mount and that is during Hallow's End.
    Once a year on a instant mount is much nicer than killing my World pvp fun