Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Galleon and thoughts.

Okay blizzard this is getting ridicoulous i've been camping for 5 days , day and night and yet hasn't spawned...

Who made such toxic mechanic needs to be FIRED . There is no point in a world boss with massive cooldown (if it even spawns) .

Galleon is one minus for me in pandaria .

What are your thoughts guys?

15+ Year Old Account
    On my server alli have ZERO chance of ever getting this, do I blame the boss ? No.
    I blame faction changes, they should have never been put in the game, all they do is unbalance already unbalanced servers as everyone wants to be on the side not getting ganked.
    /rantover
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    Only ever seen Galleon once and it wasn't our tag.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    On my server alli have ZERO chance of ever getting this, do I blame the boss ? No.
    I blame faction changes, they should have never been put in the game, all they do is unbalance already unbalanced servers as everyone wants to be on the side not getting ganked.
    /rantover
    Without faction changes you'd just have less players, as the ones getting stomped due to imbalance will eventually just quit rather than reroll entirely.

Also you'd lose players like me, who, after playing for 6 years or so, got tired of the Alliance and wanted to check out a new perspective. Several hundred dollars later, I can say I'm happy I switched :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Not everything in the game is convenient or fair. I have never seen Galleon, I don't care.

Haven't seen Gally for about a month now.

I've done Galleon twice now. Second time, I died when he was at low health so I released and started running back. By the time I got back, he was dead and I didn't even get a gold bag for my trouble.

Deleted
    Why not make it like sha of anger so easy solotuin

Deleted
    my thoughts ? from the one time i saw him while leveling, his model looks nice.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 07:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    /rantover
    i think id agree, faction change in particular has killed anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proshitmon View Post
    Why not make it like sha of anger so easy solotuin
    They want Sha to be the loot vending machine, like the BH or VoA bosses. Galleon is meant to be more like, say, Doom Lord Kazzak HFP, or Doomwalker in SMV, or the four dragon bosses from Vanilla, where they spawn rarely, and need a decent amount of coordination to kill (Not that Galleon is that challenging) and encourages world PvP to prevent the other faction from killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Without faction changes you'd just have less players, as the ones getting stomped due to imbalance will eventually just quit rather than reroll entirely.

Also you'd lose players like me, who, after playing for 6 years or so, got tired of the Alliance and wanted to check out a new perspective. Several hundred dollars later, I can say I'm happy I switched :-)
    Without faction changes things would be different than they are now. Its possible that players would just reroll on servers that favor their faction but it also possible they would just stick it out since it is unlikely that all new characters on a realm would overwhelmingly choose one side. Without transfers, mildly unbalanced servers wouldn't significantly change from the lesser side jumping ship. Also if you wanted to try the other side you could just make a new toon on the same server. Without experience with the easy way of changing your character through transfers, most people would probably accept having to make new characters to change factions or servers.

As far as Galleon I'm starting to consider it one of the worst "raids" in the bottom 3 category. It spawns too slow, is too easy, and is monopolized by one side on PvP servers. Theres no reason why it couldnt have been more like the Sha of Anger and spawned a few times per day.

Deleted
    I've downed Galleon about 4 times since MoP (Quit now), It's about correct timing, if it didn't have that low spawn rate people would be spoon fed gear just like Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    They want Sha to be the loot vending machine, like the BH or VoA bosses. Galleon is meant to be more like, say, Doom Lord Kazzak HFP, or Doomwalker in SMV, or the four dragon bosses from Vanilla, where they spawn rarely, and need a decent amount of coordination to kill (Not that Galleon is that challenging) and encourages world PvP to prevent the other faction from killing it.
    Or discourages world PvP by causing the outmatched factions players to transfer to another server or faction.

Deleted
    Well i came past him when i was lvl'ing my first toon on the second day of release when no one was able to kill him, haven't seen him since, not even his dead body...

It would be nice if his spawn timer was lowered but i still want him to be very rare to kill. I think a once-a-day spawn would be appropriate. But i am not currently pulling out my hair because i don't get to kill him every week like Sha.

I see no point of making a World Boss a piñata and the other one as rare as a shiny pokémon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Well i came past him when i was lvl'ing my first toon on the second day of release when no one was able to kill him, haven't seen him since, not even his dead body...

It would be nice if his spawn timer was lowered but i still want him to be very rare to kill. I think a once-a-day spawn would be appropriate. But i am not currently pulling out my hair because i don't get to kill him every week like Sha.
    I doubt anyone will ever see his dead body seconds after he dies, as, iirc, he's skinnable. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    ive still not even seen Galleon

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Or discourages world PvP by causing the outmatched factions players to transfer to another server or faction.
    Well yeah, it won't help that. Though it seems most people have already left most undersided factions anyway. Or at least, that's how Thaurissan was when I left it.

I honestly think they need to up his loot table's ilvl to include 496 to >500 of every slot and make him appear every single day of the week. At this point his loot isn't worth camping over even for the dominating faction. I mean really. Who wants to fight a boss once a week if you're in the right guild who shows up at exactly the right time and recieve a bag of gold? People with that level of coordination and dedication would likely have some heroic raid gear by this point and it would mean running him for offspec gear.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Funny how during Cata we had loads of "Remember how epic the Vanilla World bosses were? I want them back". Guess what: They were like Galleon and in hindsight ppl thought them epic.
    The Classic world bosses were not about waiting 5 days for a spawn. They were about organized raid groups from good guilds that barely had a chance to kill the world boss.

Now we have tag sharing between 120+ people who zerg him in 3-4 mins. How the hell do you compare the 2? Galleon is a total flop. He is not hard just annoying to camp. A total failure.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You'd fire a guy about one world boss?
    I would.