15+ Year Old Account

Age of wonders 3?

So after I recently dug out my old copies of Age of Wonders 1+2+2.5 I started looking around the web a bit for an announcement of a third one some interesting tweets from the developer that might /or might not) be hinting at a new installment in the series:

https://twitter.com/TriumphStudios

What do you think? Is it possible?
    I really hope so. AoW is one of the finest turn based series around. Sadly it's also an overlooked game when compared to HoMM and Disciples.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    So after I recently dug out my old copies of Age of Wonders 1+2+2.5 I started looking around the web a bit for an announcement of a third one some interesting tweets from the developer that might /or might not) be hinting at a new installment in the series:

https://twitter.com/TriumphStudios

What do you think? Is it possible?
    I really hope so. AoW is one of the finest turn based series around. Sadly it's also an overlooked game when compared to HoMM and Disciples.
    They outclass Homm by miles, if you ask me. Especially since combat involves a more strategic approach and has city assault, which is one of the things that really sold the game to me.

Please please please please PLEASE let this be true. Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic was such an immersive and addictive game for a city management turn-based strategy game, combining sarcastic humor with a good combat system and a good economic system. If they balanced the game better, improved the diplomacy system, and fixed some annoying glitches (50% miss rate on cannons that are supposed to hit 90% of the time, for one), Age of Wonders 3 could be spectacular.

I'm not a fan of double-posting but this is important enough to warrant more than a bump and an edit.

Triumph Studios posted this on their Facebook page:

which, when laboriously unscrambled, pieced together, and touched up, renders as

Which leads us to one conclusion: Age of Wonders 3 is coming out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    Age of Wonders 3 is coming out!
    Hell, its about time.

This might be some of the best news in ages.

No no no no no, again they will spoil whole game with this stupid 3D. Serisously! The charm and beauty in AoW was in totally nice 2D graphics.
    Also question for OP: what is AoW 2.5? I only played 1 and 2 and I never heard of 2.5... Where can I get it?

The whole bundle - AoW, AoW2, AoW:SM, and the soundtracks for all three games are available right now during the Steam Sale for $9.99 in the U.S. Definitely a steal.

WoW! AoW2:SM was like the best game ever! I liked it more than even HoMM:3.5 (wog) and Disciple 2! Hell, I play it even now! Great news!