Deleted

Windows 8 usable on multiple PCs ?

Hi people!

When Windows 8 launched I bought a Win8Pro licence for myself.
    In the next couple of days I'm going to reinitiate my mums old PC and I'm planning on putting windows 8 on it ...
    Will it work if I use my licence and key and everything and have Win8Pro running on both, my mums and my computer simultaniously ?

Best wishes
    TheCrusader

Read the terms of use/service should be something like the quoted:

How many Computers Can You Install One License On?
    If you purchase one (1) retail Windows edition, you may install and activate just one (1) installation at a time. You will need to buy a second license/key to activate a second Windows installation at the same time.

Read the license.txt file included with the software you purchased.

Windows 8 (oem, upgrade, pro, system builder) all license the software for use on one computer. If you attempt to install it on two computers you won't have a license and so have effectively pirated one copy. Microsoft will notice two different computers when you attempt to run activation and can revoke the activation. Realistically both will keep working but activation on the second computer (and every time you re-install) is going to make you jump through hopes calling their phone-activation line to explain wtf is going on (you'll have to lie).

If you want to run windows on two computers you're going to need to shell out the $40 for an upgrade license, otherwise you might as well just take a copy from some software piracy website because Microsoft is going to treat it that way. It's worth remembering that when you upgrade one computer to Windows 8, the old Windows 7/vista license is no longer valid so you can't use upgraded Windows 8 on your computer + old Windows Vista on your mother's computer.

Deleted
    kk, thanks for the quick answer ...
    i find it kind of sad that such licences are just for one computer and not for one private household ...

guess i'm installing my 2nd win7 then which wasn't upgraded to win8pro ... :P

Just install it. They don't care. If they did, the software wouldn't allow it.

On the off chance that it starts to challenge you over it you can always leave it on a trial activation and buy another then.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Just install it. They don't care. If they did, the software wouldn't allow it.

On the off chance that it starts to challenge you over it you can always leave it on a trial activation and buy another then.
    If you activate second computer with same CD-key the first one becomes de-activated when it goes online next time.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.