Lei Shi 10 Man Normal, need some tips for adds.

Hello, we tried Lei Shi yesterday, we got it to 20% on 3rd pull but the CC's in all add waves was just... too random. I'm looking for a cleaner way to CC them, any tips would be appreciated.

We did it based on a quadrant or light system. I explain in detail in the video: (hope it helps! go get em)

Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

Deleted
    Mark corners of the room (circle), X gets closest to star, Y gets closest to green triangle

etc

Communication is key.

We like to mark our tank and only dps the target he is dpsing. CC the other 2-3 adds (depending on %). Having a very heavy cc comp is obv really good for this fight.

Also if you have a mage, it helps when he/she can freeze 2-3 of them at once which gives you time to sort out the longer CC's.

Quote Originally Posted by xagonyx View Post
    Hello, we tried Lei Shi yesterday, we got it to 20% on 3rd pull but the CC's in all add waves was just... too random. I'm looking for a cleaner way to CC them, any tips would be appreciated.
    There is an add on that puts marks on all adds the second they spawn. Skull, X, Square etc. Makes it easier. Aoe roots if you have it works well. As a warlock I banish one.

We didn't even know we could CC those adds on our first kill, we just healed through it with cooldowns.

But other than that, fear works like a charm if you don't have aoe trigged happy people. Ice Traps, Bind Elemental are you best bets with fear.

If you have a pally tank make sure they glyph holy wrath which is a 3s stun every 8.5 seconds - I suggested to most to turn the DBM marking off actually as it's just so random.
    Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

Deleted
    We just CC all of them asap and then choose a target.

Deleted
    We have the tank marking a skull while everyone ccss whatever is left to cc. If people are quick this should work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    There is an add on that puts marks on all adds the second they spawn. Skull, X, Square etc. Makes it easier. Aoe roots if you have it works well. As a warlock I banish one.
    Our group found it was easier to do it this way too rather than assign sections of the room (since it's so random). I don't know if there's a specific addon that does it better, we just let DBM mark them up and assigned people to DBM markers (one to cross, one to square), then for the last 2 add phases where there is an extra add another to the moon. DBM did take a few seconds to mark them up but we still found it quicker to go by markers on the adds themselves as everyone knew exactly who they should be on.

We just threw random CC around and I spammed Barrel Toss to keep the adds from eating our faces. They really weren't giving us any trouble(the trash was the exact opposite, mostly because we just charged right into them like on LFR)
    So if you have a Brewmaster, I'd recommend just having him spam barrels at the adds and kite them around, possibly AoE slows from others, like slow trap/totem.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2012-12-18 at 09:04 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    We just CC all of them asap and then choose a target.
    This.

Just remember that there is no massive rush. Just calmly (but swuftly) CC all the adds, we usually have people adding a "/run SetRaidTarget("target", n);" to their CC macro so they all get marked. Then our RL calls a mark and it gets kited and DPSed.

Don't bother tanking them, it's a waste of a tank CD and healer mana. Just slow them and kite.

DBM can be very slow with getting the marks out sometimes. You have to be ready for it, whether thats using short-term CCs like roots or aoe fears until something more permanent can be put up, or just use the "quadrant" type strat as someone else mentioned. Can't let those adds beat on people or they will die.

On 25M we typically have enough CC to just throw them all out with reckless abandon and have a very good chance of them all being CC'd. Then whenever DBM decides to mark a skull, that's whats killed. 10M you might be a bit more restricted on CC.

What worked for us: Put a mark behind the boss where all ranged dps and healers must stack on every wave of adds, then just random CC everything, Ring of Frost, Mass Entanglement, Psychic Scream, etc. A tank picks the closest add and then just DPS it. We killed Lei Shi in the third pull, thanks for all the tips!