Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Killing evade bugged mobs.

Hiya,

Yesterday i stumbled onto a way to kill an evade bugged mob.

I was passing over the summit and decided to see if Stitch was up, my npcscan went off, and when i clicked on the nameplate, i saw he was tagged (grey plate) and at half health. But his health wasnt going down. So i flew down, to find him evade bugged just outside his cave, standing on the path. Nobody was trying to kill him so i guess whoever bugged him had given up and left.

I figured I might be able to reset him somehow so i could get the kill, so i tried the standard tricks...standing right on top of him, stuns, aoe's, pet...wasnt having any luck. then i found something that worked. it didnt unevade him, he just started taking damage from this trick, I continued it until he died and he didnt fight back or anything, i was thinking if i got him to zero he might reset, but he just died, and was unlootable (probably cause he was tapped by someone else).

Anyway, I dont want to come out and say how i did it without asking if you guys can think of any way this would be exploitable. I already reported the bug to blizzard using the bug report tool, and the only way i can think of this being exploitable is if you could purposely evade bug a mob, with the tap and then kill it without it fighting back, but im unaware of a way to do that. On the other hand i wouldnt mind explaining the way to do it because this would unbug important mobs and we dont want to have to wait days for a reset to correct these stuck mobs. If the majority opinion is that its not really something that can be exploited ill explain the process for general knowledge so we wont always have to deal with the problem of bugged mobs blocking quest progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, don't suppose you play on Shadowsong EU? Saw evade-Stitch in that exact spot you described yesterday, too.

I'd say share the knowledge. The time, effort and luck involved in purposefully evade-bugging a mob is much higher than the time, effort and (relative) skill involved in a legit kill.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I've been seeing several hozen rare spawns evade bugged in such a way since Patch 5.1 dropped. Scritch, Bonobos, Major Nanners, the ones in the caves in Townlong and Dread Wastes are ones I've witnessed personally. I don't know what's doing it or how to fix it either. By the way, this was on Uther-US.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2012-12-10 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Additional information.

From your comments, I think your a Warlock.
    Guess we can narrow it down from there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id love to know how u did this, yesterday i found 3 rare hozen, all bugged and evading ><
    (Defias Brotherhood-EU)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

One good way I've found to kill bugged mobs is using Touch of Death. That said, this'll only work on those that aren't already evade bugging: you know, the ones that've spawned inside rocks or something, so can't move so will start evade bugging as soon as they enter combat, but can take a bit of damage at the start of the fight before the evade bugging kicks in.

Wouldn't help in the situation the OP has described, but it's something at least. If you're a Monk. :P

No, i play on Kael'Thas, I didnt know this was happening more often then normal. Given that, I'll explain what i did. I reported it to blizzard, and im not even sure if killing an evade bugged mob even if you tapped it will give you the chance to loot anyway.

Yes, I'm an affliction warlock. I dotted up a non-bugged mob, then soul swapped the dots from that mob to the evade bugged mob. It shows evade once, but the dots apply and tick down the damage for there duration. I am glyphed for soul swap, not sure if that makes a difference. The dots all applied the damage to stitch. I still couldnt haunt or Malafic grasp so i had to do this several times to get him to zero health, but it certainly worked.

You won't get in trouble for that, it is a clever use of mechanics. I've seen evade-bugged primate-rares on my server as well. Appears to be a significant problem.

Deleted
    if you see an evade bugged mob though you should report it. I did and a GM whispered me back and told me that the mob had been despawn and that it would respawned within 5 minutes. In case I wanted to be there first

10+ Year Old Account
    The same thing is happening with Scritch on Zangarmarsh-US too.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be a trend across the realms. It's happened on Kilrogg too. I gave up trying to find a way to kill Stitch when I found him evading while I was on my mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    The same thing is happening with Scritch on Zangarmarsh-US too.
    I can confirm that. Tried of seeing him with half health looking deeply in the soul of that wall.

Major nanners was bugged on tuesday

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

major nanners was evade bugged last night BDF-US

Quote Originally Posted by Spirox View Post
    if you see an evade bugged mob though you should report it. I did and a GM whispered me back and told me that the mob had been despawn and that it would respawned within 5 minutes. In case I wanted to be there first
    Not trying to be critical, i know they are busy but GM tickets submitted answered quickly are exceptionally rare.

Also, I was under the impression that most GM's cannot respawn mobs. I am very surprised to hear what you just said, I think it more likely that they would despawn the broken mob and the respawn would be on its normal respawn timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Not trying to be critical, i know they are busy but GM tickets submitted answered quickly are exceptionally rare.

Also, I was under the impression that most GM's cannot respawn mobs. I am very surprised to hear what you just said, I think it more likely that they would despawn the broken mob and the respawn would be on its normal respawn timer.
    They can, or at least they used to be able to. Remember back in BC a mob bugged out, opened a ticket. GM not only reset it, but stayed around to make sure it didn't bug out again and congratulated me when I finished =)

But OT, Hozen, bugged to all hell =(

Scritch was evade bugged for me on bonechewer-US a few days ago, right in the middle of his cave.

Hunter traps damage evade bugged mobs, but it takes a VERY long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to kill evading mobs..

Just stand in melee range, problem solved..

Trying to kill an evade bugged mob as melee is sheer hell. Just thought I'd add that.

Its the Hozen because they do that stupid jump attack where they fly all over the place. I have also seen them bug and just continue jumping on the exact same spot until killed.