WoL live logging/uploading

I have a problem I am sure some clever person knows the solution to.
    When I am live logging when the file reaches around 300meg in size the WoL program crashes. If i try upload a log larger than 300meg ish it also fails to complete.

I am guessing this is a Java problem and there is prob a setting somewhere but i have no idea.

Any help?

Just delete the file every now and then and it will create a new one when you start logging the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorz View Post
    Just delete the file every now and then and it will create a new one when you start logging the next time.
    I delete it every new night of raiding. The problem is the file reaches over 300meg in a single night so it is crashing mid raid after having been a fresh file at the beginning. I cant delete mid raid without closing wow.

Well, if all else fails, let someone else upload.

How in the heck is your log getting to 300mb in a single raid night? How many hours do you raid on a given raid night? All day? I haven't deleted my combat log in 3 weeks and it is only 200mb.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    How in the heck is your log getting to 300mb in a single raid night? How many hours do you raid on a given raid night? All day? I haven't deleted my combat log in 3 weeks and it is only 200mb.
    I can get up to 600MB raiding six hours of 10-man. If your raid has a lot of auras that get applied to the entire raid, they spam the combat log. This means your logs get big quick. When I raided 25-man, it was just ridiculous.

If fact, I just checked my log from last week. We raided about 5 hours and the log is 496MB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh... Yeah I don't know why your logs are that huge. Like some other people have said, my logs don't get anywhere near that large unless I don't delete it for a few raids.

It's not really a problem with just WoL, most applications cannot handle text files that large. Your best bet is opening the combat log in an advanced text editor (assuming opening it in notepad just causes it to hang) and cutting out lines to break up the log. Or pausing it every so often and deleting the log and restarting the upload.

Just delete your log every once and awhile. (I let my log get up to 1.6 GB once and I couldn't do anything with it without lagging out my PC xD) I use Notepad to edit my logs (archaic I know, but it gets the job done), so if all else fails, you can always split it up manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    I can get up to 600MB raiding six hours of 10-man. If your raid has a lot of auras that get applied to the entire raid, they spam the combat log. This means your logs get big quick. When I raided 25-man, it was just ridiculous.

If fact, I just checked my log from last week. We raided about 5 hours and the log is 496MB.
    I can't imagine what you're doing. Doing 4-5 hours of progression with my 10-man has only ever netted me a 130 MB log and a ~4 hour farm raid's about a 100 megs or so.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-12-14 at 05:58 AM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Weird, I can live log with a 1gig combatlog, no problem. Trying to open the whole thing hangs it up tho. Try to split and zip and work with smaller bits.

As far as the livelogging, no clue why it'd do that. Really might just need to have someone else livelog.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    try a different addon to record your combat log.
    it might be your current is taking a lot of "useless" info and bloating the file size

The question is not why they are so big its perfectly normal for logs to get to 300+ meg in size from 4 hours of 25 man raiding. The question is how can I make java or the wol client not crash when the log reaches a relatively small size.

Deleted
    I know that some people from my guild has the same issue and I don't know what's wrong. What I do know, is that live logging seems to mess with some people's game, they either crash or lag.

First suggestion is to let someone else log but you could also try and contact the WoL crew and ask, if they know what's going wrong. Actually, that's my best suggestion OP.

Deleted
    Just last night I was live logging from a file that was 1.3 GB at the start. So it's not some problem inherent to Java or the WoL parser.

Perhaps try to update your Java and get the latest version of the WoL updater?
    Perhaps even reinstall Java altogether. I've had problems in the past where an update left some legacy files that messed things up.

If that doesn't fix it, are you saving it on a HDD? If so, run a disc check and disc defrag. It might be that the file is located on some bad sectors.

If neither works, make a screenshot of the error and post it to the help forum of WoL: http://forums.worldoflogs.com/viewforum.php?f=13. Those guys should be able to help you further.

Quote Originally Posted by Frah View Post
    The question is not why they are so big its perfectly normal for logs to get to 300+ meg in size from 4 hours of 25 man raiding.
    Of course. Too many 10 man raiders around I suppose.
    Well after the obvious things like making sure you are using the most current versions of java and probably downloading the client again I'd personally try
    Other client issues
    If you run into something not already described and the error doesn't make sense (or there is no error) then we are going to need more information. The first step is to turn on the Java console if it isn't already turned on. To do this go to the control panel -> Java -> Advanced tab -> Show console. This will cause the Java console to show up whenever you launch the WoL client. If you can't find Java in the control panel, try searching for it in the box on the upper left. The window looks like this:
    this as is suggested in the documentation. It can help narrowing down what error there is. On the failed upload issue I think that this is normal as there is a maximum upload size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Notepad++ to handle combatlog data. Works like a charm.