Legitamacy of Mr. Robot?

Checked the site out this morning. It's putting me just below hit and exp cap, but I'm picking up almost 3% crit. I'd love 3% more crit, but I'm not sure about dropping below the caps. Any thoughts on this?

If you like feel free to check me out. Crucious of Ysera US.

I've read the write up on why it is ok to drop below cap, but I'm looking to hear from anyone that has actually done this, and what your results were.

Thx!

It's been putting me at values like 7.46% hit or exp. I haven't noticed anything negative. On the off chance that you actually do miss with a special attack, it shouldn't be the end of the world. The gain of other stats is worth it.

Maxie do you feel that your DPS has gone up? You're welcome to peek at my logs if you would like. I cant post links here yet, but my info is Ysera US -> Devils Bargain

Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    Maxie do you feel that your DPS has gone up? You're welcome to peek at my logs if you would like. I cant post links here yet, but my info is Ysera US -> Devils Bargain
    Well, Simcraft approves. I've been using MrRobot a lot in MoP though, so I can't really use a "before" and "after" kind of comparison. At the moment I'm capped for both stats with no major overcapping, but when I was close to the cap but below it according to MrRobot, going over the cap usually sacrificed a lot of crit so I really didn't want to over cap. I didn't notice the 0.01-0.05% below the caps at all.

I'm not great at looking at logs, if you want that kind of information you should post in the "Fix my dps" sticky. I do however recommend that you use Simcraft to get your own personal stat weights and use those when using MrRobot.

edit: And if you'll gain 3% crit, do it. That's huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    AskMrRobot was stupid for a while but now it agrees with things like wowreforge, etc. Just be careful - it told my guild's 2H frost DK to gem Str instead of mainly for haste, so some classes it's wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    AskMrRobot was stupid for a while but now it agrees with things like wowreforge, etc. Just be careful - it told my guild's 2H frost DK to gem Str instead of mainly for haste, so some classes it's wrong.
    Which is why I recommend using the combination of SimCraft for your own personal stat weights in combination with MrRobot.

When it comes to reforging/gemming its close to perfect. About item upgrade sugesstions it's often bs. But in general its great tool that i like using.

The tool, like any other, is only as good as the person using it. You should be using your character's own stat weights, not the default ones.

Also, there is a relatively new feature allowing you to ensure the hit and expertise caps are met (took them long enough! ). Though this won't be "optimal". But for the sake of a few DPS (remember sims use average over thousands of fights), personally I believe getting caps is a must. Missing a major spell is never fun (Colossus Smash, for example).
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-12-15 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    AMR is horrible for reforging, don't use it. Use ReforgeLite or wowreforge.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirinya View Post
    AMR is horrible for reforging, don't use it. Use ReforgeLite or wowreforge.com.
    Not defending AMR, but you must remember it takes into account optimal reforging with Enchants and gems to find your true "optimal" setup. Wowreforge will, of course, do a better job of reforging alone, but AMR with everything else should work well for an overall look.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    Checked the site out this morning. It's putting me just below hit and exp cap, but I'm picking up almost 3% crit. I'd love 3% more crit, but I'm not sure about dropping below the caps. Any thoughts on this?

If you like feel free to check me out. Crucious of Ysera US.

I've read the write up on why it is ok to drop below cap, but I'm looking to hear from anyone that has actually done this, and what your results were.

Thx!
    When it puts you just below the hit cap it has a bubble you could click on that says:
    DUDE, you put me like...
    0.20% under the cap.
    WHY?!?!??

When you click on that, it tells you this information:
    Hit/Expertise Caps and You
    A Primer by Mr. Robot

If you already understand why hit/expertise are not exactly capped on your character, click the button below to never show those obnoxious red messages again (setting saved per browser that you use).

Never Show Cap Warnings

If you are still baffled by Mr. Robot's choices, read on.

1. Check Your Weights
    Unless Hit and Expertise are the highest value secondary stats, there is a good chance that you won't be able to cap them. Check your weights -- do you need to adjust them?

2. Weights Look Good, Now What?
    Mr. Robot is going to tell you a huge secret:
    You do not need to be exactly at or over the Hit/Expertise cap with any class or spec!
    For explanation, read the following blog post:
    Mr. Robot on Hit Caps

3. Mr. Robot, I'm Still Not Convinced
    Mr. Robot has given up his quest to explain the logic that eliminating low-probability events is futile when you must also deal with high-probability events of equal importance. So, he added an option to make everyone happy!
    Open the Options window, at the bottom, enable 'Force Hit/Exp Caps'.

DISCLAIMER! This feature is in beta. Please let us know if you experience any issues when using it.
    DISCLAIMER 2! This feature will give you worse scores in most cases. It is not recommended.
    DISCLAIMER 3! Mr. Robot urges you to avoid Vegas. You will lose money.

The default stat weights of Mr Robot are not accurate for most players, and seem to be based around full T14 normal/heroic gear, these stat weights simply do not apply to a majority of dps warriors yet. This leads to Mr Robot giving you at times less than ideal gearing recommendations.

For best results working with Mr Robot, 'Export' -> 'SimulationCraft File' on your Mr.Robot character profile page, copy-paste this into the 'Simulation' tab of the latest SimulationCraft and run a simulation with Options->10'000 Iterations, check 'Analyze all Stats' under the Scaling tab. When the Simulation is over, you'll receive your individual stat weights which you can then feed to into your Mr Robot profile with 'Edit Weights'.

This way you'll receive much more accurate gearing/gemming/reforging advice that is tailored to your individual Warrior.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Imo hit and exp cap should always be met. the reason for that is, thats its such a small gain in other stats (it certainly isnt 3%) that its not worth it to miss a bloodthirst on the forth add on elegon for example. also for hit it isnt even that bad to overcap hit because its still worth more then mastery on some setups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    Imo hit and exp cap should always be met. the reason for that is, thats its such a small gain in other stats (it certainly isnt 3%) that its not worth it to miss a bloodthirst on the forth add on elegon for example. also for hit it isnt even that bad to overcap hit because its still worth more then mastery on some setups.
    Not the best example you could have chosen as the energy charges on elegon are level 90, but the point stands. Doing 0.1-0.2% more dps on average but opening yourself up to missing a colossus smash during cooldowns is not really worth it - I'd only consider going below cap if my gear was such that my two closest reforging solutions put me at either ~2530 expertise or 2700 expertise. In that situation I'd probably live with being 20 rating under exp cap rather than wasting 150 stats, but that's my personal tolerance. I'm not that fussy about being a bit over hit cap as at least that hit is doing something, even if it's not as good as mastery.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2012-12-16 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    I might have missunderstood you totaly but are you sayng 3% crit is a small gain?

Anyway, i agreed on the hit part. I even went as "far" as 9.40% hit as a TG fury warr. (Yes, I know a lot of people say SMF is better and all that crap but i was lucky and I'm now a owner of 2x normal Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion)

The extra hit i reforged out of some mastery, and some haste where crit was already a main-secondary stat.

One of the resons i did this: When i realised i hit 100k with white autoattacks + the rage generation is never a bad thing... I'm still WAY off any white hit cap but I feel like it made a difference (without actually simming or anything :P)

So to sum it all upp:
    - 9.40% hit
    - 23.49% crit
    - 7.49% exp
    - 18.68% mastery
    And I'm one happy TG warr :P

(PS: Something i find weird is how he keeps changing his mind on my 1-2 of my gems... Red gem slot with 60str bonus, and sometimes he tells me to use 160 crit + 80 str gems and then the next time it says 320 crit gem. This confuses me a little bit tbh.)

Edit: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ADde/simple My armory if anyone wanna take a look and give me any tips if I failed at something...
    Last edited by Roguezor; 2012-12-16 at 05:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

No i meant that u wont sacrifice 3% crit to jump from for example 7,46 to 7,51 expertise.
    also overcapping hit can be beneficial but keep in mind that mastery increases in value as you gain more crit. i am just a little above 20% crit unbuffed and mastery is already stronger for me as hit after the cap. soonly haste would be a possiblity to for for hit but that situation is pretty rare, since u reforge haste to either exp hit mastery or hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use AMR. It's inaccurate, and simcraft+wowreforgelite do a better job combined.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 01:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    The default stat weights of Mr Robot are not accurate for most players, and seem to be based around full T14 normal/heroic gear, these stat weights simply do not apply to a majority of dps warriors yet. This leads to Mr Robot giving you at times less than ideal gearing recommendations.

For best results working with Mr Robot, 'Export' -> 'SimulationCraft File' on your Mr.Robot character profile page, copy-paste this into the 'Simulation' tab of the latest SimulationCraft and run a simulation with Options->10'000 Iterations, check 'Analyze all Stats' under the Scaling tab. When the Simulation is over, you'll receive your individual stat weights which you can then feed to into your Mr Robot profile with 'Edit Weights'.

This way you'll receive much more accurate gearing/gemming/reforging advice that is tailored to your individual Warrior.
    This was my beef with Icy-veins stat weights a month or so ago. They were Calced at 496 ilvl, which very few if any people had at that time. Up until 490 ilvl or so, crit wasn't over .5 points of strenght for arms, and so it threw the real values off.