$2,500 to spend on a laptop

What would you get?

This site seems to have the best bang for the buck, although not very aesthetically pleasing. How about Origin, Alienware, or Asus?

I have a nice desktop so don't offer that solution please. I want it for my apartment and for the occasional lan party. It has to have a 680m in it, that's my only requirement. And SSD option.

This is for battlefield 3, skyrim, planetside 2, diablo 3, LoL, and about 10 steam games including the orange box.
    Last edited by Uncle Julian; 2012-12-18 at 04:00 PM.

Well, check to make sure the graphics cards they offer are supported by the games you want to play. I know chipsets aren't supported by wow from my own laptop. Also be careful that they can be upgraded. Laptops are very hard to deal with as far as upgrading goes and usually cannot do it. May just want to build a desktop from scratch with that kind of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is your only requirement to have a 680 mobile GPU?
    What games do you play?
    Quickly looking at newegg I came across this MSI laptop for $2300. It has a 680m & a nice 128 gb boot drive SSD

If I personally wanted to blow $2500 on a laptop I'd probably just say F-it and go with the Razer Blade. It's sexy, overpriced, and just because I can. (also it's not a tank of a machine, it's actually in the form of a portable laptop, not a 10+ pound mini-tower, that you carry around with you)

vs

I'd pick the Razer over and over and over again :P
    Last edited by Vinho; 2012-12-18 at 04:01 PM.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    Why is your only requirement to have a 680 mobile GPU?
    What games do you play?
    Quickly looking at newegg I came across this MSI laptop for $2300.

If I personally wanted to blow $2500 on a laptop I'd probably just say F-it and go with the Razer Blade. It's sexy, overpriced, and just because I can. (also it's not a tank of a machine, it's actually in the form of a portable laptop, not a 10+ pound mini-tower, that you carry around with you)

vs

I'd pick the Razer over and over and over again :P
    The 2nd gen razer is what I just had. It was a piece of junk, the cacheing drive failed twice on me so RMA'd it and want to get something actually worth the money....It was also depressing to spend $2,500 only to play on medium-high settings in all my games. I don't recommend the Razer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    The 2nd gen razer is what I just had. It was a piece of junk, the cacheing drive failed twice on me so RMA'd it and want to get something actually worth the money....It was also depressing to spend $2,500 only to play on medium-high settings in all my games. I don't recommend the Razer.
    Well I don't recommend gaming on a laptop at all in general, but here we are trying to find you something you can be pleased with to handle high-end games on high settings, on a portable unit :P
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."