Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that really a god anyone would want a worship? An all-mighty being, capable of creating time and space itself, letting innocent children be killed simply because people are not being forced to pray in schools? That doesn't sound like a god, that sounds like an a**hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me sad to see my religion being used by aging sociopaths who lied and fearmongered their way into office, to justify an agenda of hate and a refusal to move forward as a society and that's all I'm going to say on the matter.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post

I realize we cannot bash this religion or debate its beliefs. But as a political message I believe we should be able to discuss how insane the statement is. First off http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_..._United_States Kids have been getting shot in schools in America for well over 200 years. Secondly, Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee was the first person to progress this statement that removing God from the pledge of allegiance is to blame for school shootings. How do you guys feel about this? Personally, it makes me sick.
    I believe Huckabee was referring to the sort of social and moral course that often comes with "finding God." He wasn't suggesting that the removal of God from the Pledge was a literal cause. Rather it was the removal of traditional values, often found with religion, that may have been to blame.

Not surprisingly the exploitation does swing both ways. Certain conservative groups may be using this as a reason to push God. But some Liberal groups are just as bad for using it as an excuse to push gun control.

That shirt may be new, but there are similar writings that have been out long before the Newton shooting. People will always profit on what is in demand. When the Trevon Martin thing happened in Florida, they were selling Trevon Martin t-shirts.

If the absence of God in schools is why those kids were murdered, why do so many molestation happen in Churches?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Only read a few posts on the first page so please don't go ape shit crazy on me if i say anything "wrong" or something that hav been said before....
    I just want to get my point of weiw in here:

I don't mind people having their own belief/way of thinking/any similar things. But what i think is wrong in this case is the fact they print it on a T-shirt in a way that says "If you had prayed more/better/what ever, they would have been alive".... like they are/their religion is better than others.

Again, I have NO problems what so ever if somone believe something else than me, but then pushing it in my/other peoples face, thinking they are the only right one is wrong. If they want us to accept them as who they are/believe, they should also see out "world" and understand that to us, our way of thinking/believing feels just as right to us, as their way feels for them.

So there you go... my opinions on this case
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

I realize we cannot bash this religion or debate its beliefs. But as a political message I believe we should be able to discuss how insane the statement is. First off http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_..._United_States Kids have been getting shot in schools in America for well over 200 years. Secondly, Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee was the first person to progress this statement that removing God from the pledge of allegiance is to blame for school shootings. How do you guys feel about this? Personally, it makes me sick.
    As a Christian and a father, I find this shirt despicable for a number of reasons.

Anyone who actually has the stones to whore out dead children and their god for a political message should feel damn ashamed of themselves.

That and I find any political or essentially any message signed with the name of God supporting a message not located in the bible blasphemous - Its one thing to parody religion or make a work of art out of it, but to make a plea to emotion, especially that of a political agenda twists the Word.

Deleted
    Another fake conversation with "god", no wonder I can't listen to a single word religious people say.

Also isn't everything meant to be "gods plan"? Or is that just when things are going well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wearing this T-Shirt in a not-retarded environment is like Bruce Willis holding that sign in Die Hard 3.

Perhaps what is even more despicable is the use of Comic Sans.

But really, religion has no place in schools, although I am pretty sure shirts like these have been around since long before the Sandy Hook shooting.

This thread will probably be closed soon, however, because of the whole religious discussion thing (which is rubbish, if you ask me. Such a controversial and influential topic requires discussion)
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhas View Post
    You think that is pathetic? WBC (Westboro Baptist Church) is already rallying behind the fact that God sent the shooter to that school. That is pathetic.
    please tell me you're kidding. please?

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun33 View Post
    That and I find any political or essentially any message signed with the name of God supporting a message not located in the bible blasphemous - Its one thing to parody religion or make a work of art out of it, but to make a plea to emotion, especially that of a political agenda twists the Word.
    that was my understanding as well. i thought it was pretty specific in there that god spoke for himself, and that no man did

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    I believe Huckabee was referring to the sort of social and moral course that often comes with "finding God." He wasn't suggesting that the removal of God from the Pledge was a literal cause. Rather it was the removal of traditional values, often found with religion, that may have been to blame.

Not surprisingly the exploitation does swing both ways. Certain conservative groups may be using this as a reason to push God. But some Liberal groups are just as bad for using it as an excuse to push gun control.
    He's still basically saying "if you had worshiped MY god, this wouldn't have happened."
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    pledge of allegiance
    Regardless of the whole situation, isn't this just propaganda and indoctrination completely on itself?

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    If the absence of God in schools is why those kids were murdered, why do so many molestation happen in Churches?
    Because of pedophiles?

After my initial reaction, taking a second look at the shirt makes me sad.

Yes, let us try to get everyone to support God through exclusion and shaming! And when not even the Word of God supports your message? Just make Him say it anyhow!

So many people are pushed away from religion (whether it be organized or seeking their own path) from misguided zealots who don't dare pause and think how it might actually effect others.

So congrats to accomplishing the exact opposite of what you wanted I guess.

I've seen that T-Shirt before. It's older than Sandy Hook.

There are a lot of snarky, obnoxious shirts out there, I'm not that surprised.

People will buy shirts that promote a position on something, and here's a big opportunity for people to divide over an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I'm afraid this is delving too deep into the religion talk.

Closing.