Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hillary Clinton faints, suffers concussion

http://news.yahoo.com/secretary-stat...-politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who skipped an overseas trip this past week because of a stomach virus, sustained a concussion after fainting, the State Department said Saturday.

The 65-year-old Clinton, who's expected to leave her job soon after serving as America's top diplomat during President Barack Obama's first term, is recovering at home after the incident last week and is being monitored by doctors, according to a statement by aide Philippe Reines.

The stress of being Secretary of State at her age may be wearing her down. Probably a good thing she is leaving office soon. She's gotta be exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/secretary-stat...-politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who skipped an overseas trip this past week because of a stomach virus, sustained a concussion after fainting, the State Department said Saturday.

The 65-year-old Clinton, who's expected to leave her job soon after serving as America's top diplomat during President Barack Obama's first term, is recovering at home after the incident last week and is being monitored by doctors, according to a statement by aide Philippe Reines.

The stress of being Secretary of State at her age may be wearing her down. Probably a good thing she is leaving office soon. She's gotta be exhausted.
    that's a shame, I don't agree with her on a lot of things, but she has done a good job as secretary of state.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

Yea she definitely needs a few years off to get healthy if she's going to go for 2016, hope she's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Yea she definitely needs a few years off to get healthy if she's going to go for 2016, hope she's alright.
    Going to go for what in 2016? A retirement home? She's way too old and worn out to be in politics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    I really can't see her candidating for 2016. I thought every American president that was 70+ had been in a war before, so they were capable of handling stress much better? I'm not sure if Hillary will manage if she can't be a secretary of state without fainting. But heck, I'm not doctor, I don't know shit.

Still, I might not agree with her on a lot of things, but I certainly do respect her. Hope she gets better soon.

This really isn't going to bode well if she was interested in running in 2016. I hope she stays politically active, but I'm not sure she's an optimal Presidential candidate at this point. She'll be 69, and this story isn't going to just go away.

Deleted
    She's leaving office? Is she leaving politics generally too? That's good to hear. She does not deserve to hold such an important position. Especially Secretary of State! Anyone who actively prevents intervention to stop genocide because the news coverage would draw publicity away from their personal projects should never be allowed to influence international affairs (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._of_tuzla.html).

Quote Originally Posted by goobernoob View Post
    but she has done a good job as secretary of state.
    Was this sarcasm? She is one of the worst of all time, on par with eric holder

15+ Year Old Account
    Chadwix got it in his genes to automatically strike down on anything not originating from GOP
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Ya, halting a cease fire for another 24 hours in the middle east so she can fly over and take credit was a great thing. Few more people died but she got to be there!!!

North korea, middle east etc, just look at her track record. Its laughable to claim she did a great job, much like its laughable to claim holder is doing a great job.

Would you like to discuss some swedish politics? You can see what its like to argue with someone who is clueless, its pretty entertaining.

So she's a bad Sec of State because she hasn't solved the Israeli Palestinian conflict?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Ya, halting a cease fire for another 24 hours in the middle east so she can fly over and take credit was a great thing. Few more people died but she got to be there!!!

North korea, middle east etc, just look at her track record. Its laughable to claim she did a great job, much like its laughable to claim holder is doing a great job.

Would you like to discuss some swedish politics? You can see what its like to argue with someone who is clueless, its pretty entertaining.
    I dont think she's been the best ever but neither the worst. Is there anyone who had her position that has been flawless?
    I got no illusions that she done her fair share of actions I dont agree with at the same time she is the first foreign minister who liften up important issues as womens rights on a global scale.
    Stuff like that really matter more to me personally that some of the crap, that everyone does and everyone knew she would make as well.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I feel sorry for her. I think she's probably been the busiest secretary of state in US history. She deserves a break. I just hope that "deserved break" isn't coming as a result of some serious ailment.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

She'll most likely be fine. She fainted because she was dehydrated as a result of the stomach virus.
    Last edited by McCulloch; 2012-12-15 at 08:35 PM.

The democrats hope that she changes her mind to run in 2016 just took a nose dive.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

She had a stomach virus, became dehydrated and feinted.. big deal. Someone should be telling her to drink gatorade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    She had a stomach virus, became dehydrated and feinted.. big deal. Someone should be telling her to drink gatorade.
    Happens with all the older politicians when something trivial happens to them.
    McCain + band-aid --> ZOMG, he is dying!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought she did some decent work during her term as SoS. IMO She did her Job correctly. She didnt pull any corrupt bullshit her entire tenure as SoS. So I have nothing bad to say about the job she did.

Plus, I think the whole Benghazi thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Plus, I think the whole Benghazi thing has been blown way out of proportion.
    I agree, more people died in watergate than benghazi, completely overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    I agree, more people died in watergate than benghazi, completely overblown.
    How many people have died during embassy attacks in the last few decades and nobody gave a single shit?

Answer me.