Thread: Razer scam?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Considering you don't have a record of the purchase, you've received nothing, and you have no account with the website you think you ordered it from, I think it's safe to assume something didn't go through properly and you've actually ordered nothing from Razer. You really should mention this to your dad so he can check that he wasn't charged for it; I have no idea why he'd be mad about that.

I wouldn't expect that you found an imposter Razer store, but it's certainly possible. Again, if that's the case he needs to know so he can decline the payment. Aside from that, maybe Razer has regional stores or you misspelled your email address when you registered? I don't have any other ideas.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'll be honest, i love razer, i have multiple razer products but generally i wouldnt order anything directly from their website because its generally 5-10 dollars more then it would be on say...amazon.com

but onto the matter of you thinking you've been scammed or you just misspelled your email on accident...quite frankly, razer wouldn't scam you....even a scummy company like EA *shiver* wouldn't go that low to scam customers, its bad business, so i doubt razer would... i'm sure, what just happened was you misspelled your email when you created your account, which would account for the lack of a confirmation email, leaving your only option quite frankly to directly call razer or maybe even check the invoice (you know, that sheet of paper they give you in the box when you receive your goods? believe it or not, it actually serves a purpose :P), and see if there is a email on there, if not im sure there is a support number there to call

tl:dr
    there is a 1% chance you got scammed, call razer you probably misspelled your email.

alright, I've calmed down a little now. I asked my father to check his CC statement and he said he won't be able to for a few days but for now I guess their's no point in worrying. I was mostly concerned that I had given his information to a fake website, this was the link;

http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/store...-ultimate-2013

Pretty sure it's not a fake one, I'm just assuming the transaction didn't go through right or something.

Thanks for all your help and reassurance.

if it says you have to register and you have no email confirmation, it means that you used a different email to register for your purchase. unless im missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    alright, I've calmed down a little now. I asked my father to check his CC statement and he said he won't be able to for a few days but for now I guess their's no point in worrying. I was mostly concerned that I had given his information to a fake website, this was the link;

http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/store...-ultimate-2013

Pretty sure it's not a fake one, I'm just assuming the transaction didn't go through right or something.

Thanks for all your help and reassurance.
    How hard is it to call razer, the company and ask?

I see you already did talk to your father but just to offer some perspective for future thoughts... If I was your father I would be more pissed if I found out I paid for something you never received simply because you wouldn't man up and talk to me about it.

You must have done some silly things in the past to assume your father would automatically blame you for it rather than a mistake from the seller. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    why would you get a razer mousepad?

Have you gotten in touch with Razer customer support yet? They're the only ones who can tell you if your order shipped yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I got one its awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The Razer Ironclad doesn't seem to have the peeling problem anymore, had mine for months with no problems, so that makes it the best mousepad I've ever had, my rat9 moves across it buttery smooth.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe you are using the wrong email...?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

you could be using the wrong razer site? are you sure you're logging into the one for your area? Eg: The Australian Razer site not the US one if you're in Australia for example?

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe your registration on the site didn't work so your purchase couldn't pass. They usually send you a confirmation e-mail when you register on a website, if you have none of those on your/your father's e-mail adress then something didn't work. Thus you coudn't purchase anything since you didn't register.

You know sometimes on the wonderful world of computers, things don't work for different weird reasons. Trust me i know, i messed up a school project and the teacher coudn't even figure out why it didn't work anymore.... something to do with optionnal comments that are not really optionnal...