Thread: DK Weapons

Deleted

DK Weapons

My Deathknight just dinged 90, but i was wondering, does it matter if i use a 2H Mace,Axe or Sword?

Nope, about the only thing that really matters are the stats on said Mace, Axe, Sword.
    You say that I'm cold, and sometimes I'm out of control.

Deleted
    If they had the exact same stats then yes. Axe if you are an orc or sword/ mace if you're human

Deleted
    I'm a human, so i'll go for maces/swords then ^^ Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I'm a human, so i'll go for maces/swords then ^^ Thanks
    Yeah but don't go with sword if it has Mastery/Hit, go with an axe if it has Haste/Hit. Or the other way around if you're Blood.

But if you're talking about pvp weapons then yeah, choose a mace or sword, since they have the same stats.

Deleted
    Its Haste>Mastery>Crit for Frost? (2H)

Deleted
    Yup, after Hit/Exp

No for 2H it's Haste>Crit>Mastery. Here are the specific stat weights pulled from EJ but a number of other places confirm it with very similar results.

Stat 509 DW 509 2H
    Strength 1 1
    Yellow Hit .672 .674
    Expertise .672 .674
    Haste .443 .597
    Mastery .462 .339
    Crit .334 .394
    Hit Over Yellow .296 -

Like always though you should be able to make sense of it and not 100% blindly follow the numbers. You can see Crit is over Mastery which would make sense, as a 2H dk your highest dmg on single target is Obliterate, which is physical weapon damage and unaffected by your mastery gains. In fact when gearing for single target you should avoid mastery whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by zadtrp View Post
    No for 2H it's Haste>Crit>Mastery. Here are the specific stat weights pulled from EJ but a number of other places confirm it with very similar results.

Stat 509 DW 509 2H
    Strength 1 1
    Yellow Hit .672 .674
    Expertise .672 .674
    Haste .443 .597
    Mastery .462 .339
    Crit .334 .394
    Hit Over Yellow .296 -

Like always though you should be able to make sense of it and not 100% blindly follow the numbers. You can see Crit is over Mastery which would make sense, as a 2H dk your highest dmg on single target is Obliterate, which is physical weapon damage and unaffected by your mastery gains. In fact when gearing for single target you should avoid mastery whenever possible.
    For the OP: Please note that these stat weights are only for BiS 509 gear. While the general idea of Haste > Crit > Mastery still applies for 2H Frost DPS at all levels, the stat weights won't be accurate for you if your ilvl isn't even at 480, let alone closing in on 500+.

Deleted
    It's Hit Cap > Exp Cap > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Mastery it's really almost useless on single targets since you're Obliterate is not affected by it and most of the bosses don't require AoE, out of 16 bosses you need it on Win-Lord, 1 phase out of 4 phases on Feng HC , a bit on Elegon and Empress, but so little is not even worth mentioning and that's about it

Deleted
    Good to know. It'll help tons

Is there a advantage/disadvantage of taking 2H over DW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    It's Hit Cap > Exp Cap > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Mastery it's really almost useless on single targets since you're Obliterate is not affected by it and most of the bosses don't require AoE, out of 16 bosses you need it on Win-Lord, 1 phase out of 4 phases on Feng HC , a bit on Elegon and Empress, but so little is not even worth mentioning and that's about it
    There is not a "pure" single target fight. In all encounters there is a AoE/add phase where mastery outshines any crit you do have. Not to mention the fact that when you have no adds on some bosses you have to be mobile so HwB helps also. This goes for the whole tier, either adds from the start on a phase down the line, in 25m prob doesn't matter to min-max but in 10m you need all the DPS output you can do.

And judging from the items not that much have haste+crit so to question if you should reforge crit to mastery, a lot of items that have crit don't have haste, situation where you want to reforge it to haste. So the ammount of crit you end up with it's more like a by-product then intended.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2012-12-17 at 08:58 AM.

Just one more information, that never appears on stats weight, Weapon Dmg > Str > Haste > Crit > Mastery, after hit/exp cap. That makes some weapons better than others, like heroic starshatter better than Sha axe, and even the normal agi polearm better than lfr starshatter...
    Last edited by Renascido; 2012-12-17 at 03:11 PM.

If you just hit 90, chances are you're going to want to use the best weapon you can acquire :P
    GL on rolls, hopefully you don't get anything stolen by a tank, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Renascido View Post
    Just one more information, that never appears on stats weight, Weapon Dmg > Str > Haste > Crit > Mastery, after hit/exp cap. That makes some weapons better than others, like heroic starshatter better than Sha axe, and even the normal agi polearm better than lfr starshatter...
    I know that Heroic Kil'rak(MH) and Heroic Scimitar of Seven Stars(OH) is BiS but I'm curious about the transition of paired weapons up to that. I've seen this before but can't find it again, isn't the OH weapon damage stat weight a lot lower than the MH weapon damage stat weight for dual wield or is it the same? Is it worth upgrading OH before BiS or just upgrade gear? Trying to figure out the best weapon combo's leading up to BiS. Before adding a Heroic Kil'rak to the picture but throwing a Heroic Scimitar of Seven Stars into the mix :P
    Last edited by Unholysin; 2012-12-18 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    OH DPS is below strength for DW. At least when I was DW it was MH DPS > Strenght > OH DPS > haste=mastery (simcraft tend to equal their values when you had them at the same ammount, else it conpensated the stat weight depending on what goes over the other) > rest.