Finally hooked up my new computer =)... But have questions...

/10charsss
    Last edited by Lychee3000; 2016-01-10 at 08:28 PM.

1) What do they mean exactly, especially memtest, hdtune, prime, intel burn and furmark?

These are all testing/benchmark programs used in this case to as reliably as possible ensure your hardware is in good working order.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 12:40 AM ----------

2) type "cmd" into your windows search bar in your start menu then right click on the command program that appears above. Left click open as administrator and you should get a black command window that opens.
    Type "powercfg -h off"
    This will turn hibernation off if it isn't already and will free up 8gb of space in your case. Hibernation is useless in a system with 8gb of ram and an SSD drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Those are basically tests to make sure the hardware is working. Memtest tests your systems memory, for example. Basically looking for damage or anything like that. You can google/wikipedia to find out more of each of these things to get an idea. Saves other people's time typing it out.

2-3)It's been a while, but I recall that Windows 7 already installs optimized. NCIX is a pretty solid place (I get all my stuff from there including the system I have now). 28GB sounds about right for a fresh install. I thought it was lower (like 25GB), but I haven't done a fresh install since October 2010, and I'm sure patches and updates increased the size of things. I'm running with a 64GB SSD, 55.7 of which is usable. On my C:\ I only keep Windows, along with other small programs and any program that starts up with Windows. Browsers, virus scanners, MS Office, etc. My C:\ typically hovers around 3 to 5GB free (system restore data seems to be the main thing that fluctuates it). Your drive should be big enough for a few programs depending on size.

4)(a) You can install anythign you want to the normal HDD instead of the SSD. It comes down to what you want to open fast. Small programs like CPUID and Coretemp are not needed on the SSD simply because they arn't opened constantly. Personally for me I would put Firefox on the SSD because when I want a webpage the only thing slowing me down better be the speed at which the website sends me data. Good luck getting all those games on the SSD though, withou doing the calculations your gonna be pushing it once you get some bloat after a few months of use.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 12:54 AM ----------

4)(b) What does the connector on the 200mm fan look like? It should be one of three types. A small tabbed 3 pin fan style connector( red, black, yellow wires), a small tabbed 4 pin connector (red, black, yellow, blue wires), or a larger ~1" wide molex keyed connecter, rectanglar with 2 corners cut off making the key (red, black x2, yellow wires). There are many ways to connect it depending on your motherboard, power supply, fan controller setup. If it is one of the first two types of connectors you can plug it into your motherboard if you have a free spot. If not then you need an adapter to convert it to molex. Cheap and readily available at most computer oriented shops. Molex connector will plug into one of your power supply cables. Depending on how good of a job the builders did you may not see them as they would be tucked neatly away. Oh and FYI a 4 pin connector will fit onto a 3 pin header on the motherboard just fine, you just lose the pwm blue wire's functionality to control fan speed as easily.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 12:59 AM ----------

5) I'm not touching this one as there are too many possibilities. Most likely the builder did not connect your fans to it for one reason or another. Maybe someone who has built with that particular case can help? Either way gonna take some work to see where wires are currently and where they should go. Since you didn't know how to plug in your side fan I'm gonna advise you to not try it yourself. Any local computer shops around that actually know what they are doing? Don't you dare say Geeks or other big box store, you'd be playing with fire, although you could get lucky.

/10charsss
    Last edited by Lychee3000; 2016-01-10 at 08:28 PM.