15+ Year Old Account

Well atleast I'm not a quitter... :)

I now go to sleep as a dedicated alliance. Both sad and proud at the same time. Why? I played 23 BG's today. Ally lost ALL 23 BG's but I kept on going until bedtime.

Am I dedicated or just dumb? I don't know =)

ALL of my friends has faction changed to horde but I just can't give up on ally yet. I believe we can still win some!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you happen to know what all 23 losses had in common?

Really you should just go Horde. I spent a year on Alliance with the same attitude, then went Horde and every single aspect of the entire game was instantly better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    There were gnomes? I think that it's it. Gnomes are going to destroy us all..... fear them, watch them....

indeed. For every "alliance sucks" thread there is a "horde sucks" one. Common factor on each case is the OP.

.:: Lvl 90's: 10 . Lvl 85's: 27 ::..
    Also this signature might reveal the reason. People that spend their time one just one characters are likely to win far more than they lose.
    It's always fun to see in a BG someone's fifth alt complaining that we don't fight in flags when he is doing 500k damage (or healing), dies 2 shot, when the BG's leaders do 10m damage. Doing 10m damage, even away from flags, contributes WAY MORE, than dieing 2 shot at the correct spot.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2012-12-15 at 11:53 PM.

I think what Illiterate meant was that the common thing in those 23 BG's were Cryonic. He were hinting that it's Cryonics fault they lost all 23 BG's.....
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

the faction that wins more is always the faction you don't play.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

hehehe my thoughts exactly.

You arent a quitter. No matter how tough the fight the Alliance sticks it out until the bitter end. I am proud of you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Statistically, Alliance and Horde win random BGs about equally (it's like literally a 51:49 situation), and for many BGs Ally win a good deal more than horde (AB, AV, EotS I believe).

Stick with it, the problem isn't the faction - it's a matter of practice. A handful of good, experienced players on either side can all but decide the fate of most BGs despite being just a fraction of the BG population. A lot of it is knowing what is truly important in a BG - what decides the outcome is often not very obvious until you think about it. Some examples:

IoC - most people think it's about who gets Docks, or who gets Seige Works, or who gets Hangar - it's none of these. Whoever controls more of the Quarry / Oil Refinery wins consistently. In pretty much all cases one faction will control 2 of the middle bases while the other faction controls the third - and very often the faction that appears weaker in terms of mid bases actually controls one or both of the quarry/oil refinery: they will almost always win.

EotS - a lot of people rush mid and go for the flag (they seem to think its capture the flag/WSG), but a flag will only break a tie game between two equal teams who guard their towers well (summing up if this is the situation also comes with experience). Instead, EotS is more like Arathi Basin, it's about controlling the most nodes. If you control 2 nodes, your enemy controls 1 node and the flag - but you keep fighting on one of theirs (even without winning it, but without letting them win it either) - you will actually win despite them running the flag. If you control 3 nodes you win decisively - whats more - controlling 3 nodes lets you leave the middle of the 3 largely unguarded, because the only way for a significant enemy force to take it is to push through middle, which you can see coming from a mile away.

AB (and EotS for the same reason) - is decided by good communication and fast rotates, keep a watchful eye on enemy movements (and tell your team ASAP), try to keep 2-3 nodes in your line of sight all the time. Rotate as soon as you see trouble, always fight within ~50 yards of a flag, and when you do - always keep an eye on the cap. It's very often more valuable to knock someone off a cliff, or CC them if they get too far from the flag and try to cap it - than it is to try to actually kill them. Similarly, your top priority is to hit anyone who tries to cap.

WSG/TP - are decided by who has the better / more mobile tank, and who has more healers on their team - it's about running the flag and keeping the FC alive - that's tank/healer jobs - DPS is almost a non-issue here. However, if you are DPS heavy, the best strategy is to push mid hard and try to kill and scatter as many of them as possible. Individually or in pairs healers and tanks die - you want to break them up so you can pick them off alone or in pairs the rest of the game, and then farm them in your GY if you have enough DPS for it.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-12-16 at 04:22 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Statistically, Alliance and Horde win random BGs about equally (it's like literally a 51:49 situation), and for many BGs Ally win a good deal more than horde (AB, AV, EotS I believe).
    This is what my statistics say out of 1883 total BGs played. Rather large sample size:

Alterac Valley battles 204
    Alterac Valley victories 111

Arathi Basin battles 270
    Arathi Basin victories 156

Battle for Gilneas battles 164
    Battle for Gilneas victories 100

Eye of the Storm battles 202
    Eye of the Storm victories 84

Strand of the Ancients battles 233
    Strand of the Ancients victories 126

Twin Peaks battles 154
    Twin Peaks victories 79

Warsong Gulch battles 477
    Warsong Gulch victories 287

I've won 1051/1883 BG's I've played, which translates to roughly 55.8% wins. I play Alliance btw. These are probably not skewed either, because I very rarely if ever leave a BG early. I have on a few occasions, but I'd say that number is below 10.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    This is what my statistics say out of 1883 total BGs played. Rather large sample size:

I've won 1051/1883 BG's I've played, which translates to roughly 55.8% wins. I play Alliance btw. These are probably not skewed either, because I very rarely if ever leave a BG early. I have on a few occasions, but I'd say that number is below 10.
    It's a decent sample size, the statistics I'm referring to are the official blizzard ones they announced a few months back when questioned about this topic: which included all BGs on all servers to date. Your numbers don't at any point deviate wildly from the ones they posted though.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    indeed. For every "alliance sucks" thread there is a "horde sucks" one. Common factor on each case is the OP.

Also this signature might reveal the reason. People that spend their time one just one characters are likely to win far more than they lose.
    It's always fun to see in a BG someone's fifth alt complaining that we don't fight in flags when he is doing 500k damage (or healing), dies 2 shot, when the BG's leaders do 10m damage. Doing 10m damage, even away from flags, contributes WAY MORE, than dieing 2 shot at the correct spot.
    This wise man literally took the words out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's a decent sample size, the statistics I'm referring to are the official blizzard ones they announced a few months back when questioned about this topic: which included all BGs on all servers to date. Your numbers don't at any point deviate wildly from the ones they posted though.
    Exactly. The point I was trying to make was that if you're losing 23 BGs in a row it's either

A) A really bad night
    B) You're bringing your team down hard

I have had nights where I lose every BG in a row for 3-4 hours straight. I've also had nights where I win every BG for 3-4 hours straight. In the end it really is about 50%.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny I was just thinking about how much more I would win if I switched to alliance....oh well Horde it is! I still hate you humans for that extra pvp power..../rant