Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Faction Champions 25H down using the burst tactic (was still very close though due to endless CC spam) and Twin Valkyr 25H down using the same method as 25. Halion 25 is impossible as he heals too much in p3, even though I'm keeping FS up in both realms as long as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    Just to let you know, with 521lv enhance t15 4 set and bad juju/shadopan assault trinket, it is possible to kill Mandokir.
    What sort of dps are you pulling for this? I just tried it and was hovering around 250k dps and it still wasn't enough...

Deleted
    Decided to try some 10man firelands today currently killed Lord Rhyolith, Beth'tilac and Alysrazor all on normal. Working on clearing trash for shannox right now.

Playing as elemental 524 ilevel equipped

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    What sort of dps are you pulling for this? I just tried it and was hovering around 250k dps and it still wasn't enough...
    I killed him in 11 secs at ilvl 522, which is ~436k dps. Are you popping everything except ascendance before the pull? (I go PFE > hero > wolves > prepot > EM+lifeblood > ascendance and pull with SS)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    I killed him in 11 secs at ilvl 522, which is ~436k dps. Are you popping everything except ascendance before the pull? (I go PFE > hero > wolves > prepot > EM+lifeblood > ascendance and pull with SS)
    I was using PFE > heros > prepot > EB + FS to pull > SLT > Asc. Doing this as ele in 512ilvl gear so it may just be I need more upgrades.

EDIT: Noticed the patch notes for 5.3 say he no longer uses decap on his current target so I guess this is no longer a problem.
    Last edited by mmoccfc6af643b; 2013-05-21 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    Just done a full BWD clear, was actually surprised to manage all of it since I thought at least 2-3 of them wouldn't be soloable.

Magmaw: The main issue here was the parasites, but elementals are a big help in clearing them (use FN as well). Mangle only hits for ~22k a tick and although pets do nothing at this point you can still hit him with spells, cast heals and drop totems (and ofc pop rage for the last few secs when he starts attacking you again), ideally you want him down before the 2nd mangle or it becomes a bit messy afterwards. (as it was with my kill)
    Omnitron: Fairly straightforward, the only threatening one is Toxitron with poison cloud and adds.
    Chimaeron: The tank debuff only stacks to 4, and as you only need to be over 10k to survive each hit it's not so bad. Enter turbo dps mode (kinda like Mandokir but w/o some weapon/trinket procs) when p2 hits and he's down.
    Atrimedes: Pushover, there's no penalty for having full sound (as he can see you already) and even the searing flame doesn't hurt much.
    Maloriak: This one was a toughie. Red phase is about having enough health to survive his 400k flame jet (so I used +sta flask/food instead of agi) and blue phase is about breaking the flash freeze (fire ele and magma totem work nice but fire ele is better for 1st blue phase due to the adds). Let all the add casts through and kill them when they come (keeping an eye on the boss for purging his HoT), push p2 then go all-out with CD's and trust to luck. (moving him around helps too)
    Nefarian: I wasn't sure if this was even soloable, but it turns out it is. Burn Ony down in p1 before Neffy lands, survive as best you can in p2 while swimming to each platform in turn and killing the add (try to get a few spells off at Neffy too as it will help later, I managed to reach 90%). The toughness is in p3 - burn him as fast as you can while moving a fair bit, spam heals and any CD's you can (including earthgrab for the brief effect it has on the adds) while trusting to luck that you don't die :P

Gonna shoot for BoT once the slate dragon isn't active on Halfus (which he is this week...)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-06-04 at 09:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do people tend to solo stuff as ele or enha?

Deleted
    Not really a raid boss but managed to solo a Zandalari Warbringer yesterday as elemental. He was melee'ing me for about 80k non-crit, but if you keep moving and time your cooldowns well, you can still avoid a lot of the dmg despite them no longer being affected by snares/stuns/interrupts. One thing to watch out for is keeping your totems and elementals off the spirits they summon as they can two shot your elementals if they aggro.

Deleted
    Chimaeron: The tank debuff only stacks to 4, and as you only need to be over 10k to survive each hit it's not so bad. Enter turbo dps mode (kinda like Mandokir but w/o some weapon/trinket procs) when p2 hits and he's down.
    How did you deal with the massacre?

*Edit: Forgot about the robot:P
    Last edited by mmoc9596c4fae9; 2013-06-05 at 08:22 AM.

Deleted
    Went to BoT today and cleared the first three without much trouble. Cho'gall is proving troublesome, as you can't afford to gain any corruption before p2 (and if you get 25 before p2 it's a wipe) the bloods give corruption when they melee (they die within 2-3 novas but you have to apply it and run away which means more boss dmg) and you can't solo interrupt the big adds anymore (so you gain corruption unless you kill them fast which means you can't position them). On top of that the whole fight is a dps race due to the tank debuff, I can barely keep myself up eventually. (once I reach p2 I'll see for definite if it can be done or not)

On a lighter note I made a quick trip to Mogu Palace (since it's next door to the shrine and I had 25 mins left on flask) and cleared it without much trouble. (the only noteworthy thing I did was turbo the 1st boss's quillen pet down to prevent it's 10 sec stun)

Deleted
    Alysrazor 10N soloable (528ilvl ele), just stay close to her so she doesn't despawn when you are flying. Also Alysrazor drops a rare mount, happy grinding!

Deleted
    It's official, MoP heroics are dumbed down in the extreme (if you didn't already know)...as I've now soloed every single one in the MIDDLE of the SAME expansion. They weren't even that hard a lot of the time (I wasn't even using a flask either, just the crystal) although they are quite hefty gear/spec/glyph checks (hint: the new LS glyph is godlike). Some bosses were a little troublesome (Weaponmaster Xin, Liu Flameheart, Sha of Violence, Taran Zhu, Striker Gadok, Houndmaster, Rattlegore) along with some trash packs (notably Shado-pan), but on the whole if you can solo anything in Cata you can solo these.

The tough one (as I expected) was Nizuao Temple - the trash packs are nasty at the start (ie. 2x CC-immune amber shaper) and the 1st boss is tricky (as you actually have to fight him and survive 2 detonates). The 2nd boss goes from being the most boring to the most interesting, as you have to do all the sap-throwing yourself and learn to handle the mobs differently to usual...the detonators for example only explode for 25-30k so you can partially ignore them (along with the flyer who you don't have time for), but the boss hits hard as hell after a few WW's so you need gear, CD timing and luck to win. The 3rd boss is the hardest due to the huge add swarms on the intermissions and doing it the regular way is impossible, but a trip to the dungeon journal reveals that the shield absorbs 4m before breaking...so bursting it down and dealing with the adds afterwards (which is messy due to numbers and stacking debuff) was the way to go. The last boss falls over when you touch him, as it is with a couple of other last bosses.

So yeah, bring on the feeling of impunity when running daily VP dungeons from now on :P
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-06-07 at 02:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What level of gear (in what spec) would one need to solo ICC25? (if it is possible for shamans? Only ever solo'd MC on my shaman)

Deleted
    I did ICC25 a while back (before 5.3 so I was probably ilvl 522 ish) and it wasn't too difficult, just a bit lengthy (only did 8/12 though, the other 4 need a switch to 10-man). My spec is on the OP along with the bosses I did.

I do everything as enh, dunno what ele can do but there are some ele soloists on this forum.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-06-13 at 12:06 PM.

How did you survive the Double Strike? ._.'
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

15+ Year Old Account
    I did ICC25 a while back (before 5.3 so I was probably ilvl 522 ish) and it wasn't too difficult, just a bit lengthy (only did 8/12 though, the other 4 need a switch to 10-man). My spec is on the OP along with the bosses I did.

I do everything as enh, dunno what ele can do but there are some ele soloists on this forum.
    I primarily play as enh, just after getting the 25 man tier set really, still need to get to 90 yet on that toon so will take a while before i try anything =p

Deleted
    Managed to do Lk 25 hc as elemental (539 Ilvl on firstkill) (cleared 11/12 on 10 normal).

Important Talents/Glyphs:
    Stone Bulwark - the absorb is very nice to survive the 5s silence in the transitions
    CotE - to reset SB and HS totem in transitions
    !Conductivity! - the only reason why you can survive this fight, make sure its always up in p1

Telluric Current - if you have mana problems in p2/3, works without too
    Chain Lightning Glyph - mandatory to have enough cleave in p1 too deal with the adds

P1:
    If you dont have enough dps to push him to 70% before the 3rd Shambling Horror spawn (~2:20 into the fight), you'll probably wont have enough dps at all. I had about 30s left on the enrage on my firstkill.

Make sure you burn him as much as possible in the first 15s without any adds, always have HR on cd, use Shamanistic Rage if a Horror enrages. Dont forget the Shadow Traps.
    Cleave as much as possible, as soon as the transition starts you want only one Horror with about 20% hp up, if you have enough dps you can kill him before 70% and then start the transition, but dont let the 3rd Horror spawn! Either you wont survive the transition with an extra Horror or (if you wait to kill it in P1 and then start T1) you wont have enough time to kill the LK before he enrages.

T1:
    The most difficult part of the fight. Stand on the stairway to the throne and focus the Raging Spirits down one by one (3 will spawn). Constantly move so the 5s silence wont hit you and dont forget you need to heal yourself aswell. You dont need to care about the frost orbs, as they do little dmg and wont kick you (stairs).

P2:
    Kill the last Raging Spirit asap. Dps the Lk. The Val'kyr will ignore you bc you're flagged as tank, and Defile is nothing to worry about. Dont forget to heal.

T2+P3:
    Just like T1, but 4 Spirits will spawn, however its not as crucial to burn them all down before P3 starts as you will be sucked into Frostmourne ~5s into P3 and have enough time to heal. As soon as you come out of FM run away from the LK and the (probably) 2 Spirits left and dps them down while they run after you. Dont underestimate the dmg of the Vile Spirits. You should have about 5-6 min left on the enrage as soon as P3 starts to have enough time to bring him to 10%.

It's official, MoP heroics are dumbed down in the extreme (if you didn't already know)...as I've now soloed every single one in the MIDDLE of the SAME expansion.
    You say they're dumbed down, but then you go on to describe all the tactics you had to use to complete them. This isn't Wrath - they aren't adding heroic 5-man content with each content patch. You can gear up to 60+ ilvls above the max gear you can get from heroic 5 mans - what do you expect? Solo the current heroic scenarios in 5.4 and then you can complain about soloing heroic content in the current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by santeka View Post
    managed to do lk 25 hc as elemental (539 ilvl on firstkill) (cleared 11/12 on 10 normal).

Important talents/glyphs:
    Stone bulwark - the absorb is very nice to survive the 5s silence in the transitions
    cote - to reset sb and hs totem in transitions
    !conductivity! - the only reason why you can survive this fight, make sure its always up in p1

telluric current - if you have mana problems in p2/3, works without too
    chain lightning glyph - mandatory to have enough cleave in p1 too deal with the adds

p1:
    If you dont have enough dps to push him to 70% before the 3rd shambling horror spawn (~2:20 into the fight), you'll probably wont have enough dps at all. I had about 30s left on the enrage on my firstkill.

Make sure you burn him as much as possible in the first 15s without any adds, always have hr on cd, use shamanistic rage if a horror enrages. Dont forget the shadow traps.
    Cleave as much as possible, as soon as the transition starts you want only one horror with about 20% hp up, if you have enough dps you can kill him before 70% and then start the transition, but dont let the 3rd horror spawn! Either you wont survive the transition with an extra horror or (if you wait to kill it in p1 and then start t1) you wont have enough time to kill the lk before he enrages.

T1:
    The most difficult part of the fight. Stand on the stairway to the throne and focus the raging spirits down one by one (3 will spawn). Constantly move so the 5s silence wont hit you and dont forget you need to heal yourself aswell. You dont need to care about the frost orbs, as they do little dmg and wont kick you (stairs).

P2:
    Kill the last raging spirit asap. Dps the lk. The val'kyr will ignore you bc you're flagged as tank, and defile is nothing to worry about. Dont forget to heal.

T2+p3:
    Just like t1, but 4 spirits will spawn, however its not as crucial to burn them all down before p3 starts as you will be sucked into frostmourne ~5s into p3 and have enough time to heal. As soon as you come out of fm run away from the lk and the (probably) 2 spirits left and dps them down while they run after you. Dont underestimate the dmg of the vile spirits. You should have about 5-6 min left on the enrage as soon as p3 starts to have enough time to bring him to 10%.
    must. Try.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Brawlers: All 32 bosses. (rank 8 rares not attempted yet)

================
    I am rank 10 in Brawler's Guild as Ele shaman, I completed every Rare boss when i was around ilvl 520 (before 5.3; still outgearing the hell out of all of them), and once 5.3 came out the only fight I had to do more than once was Ahoo'ru (last boss; once you get you kill all angels one by one the fight is a joke).. Hexos seems quite easy if you play one of the more noteable theme songs from Super Hexagon (song is Focus by Chipzel).

Also, I am only missing Blingtron 3000 for my [Collect Your Deck] achievement, but that's just bad RNG and the fight really wont be difficult.