Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    How do you even get through P1 without going Insane? I've been trying this with 4 people and someone always goes insane before the brain room even opens, usually 2 people. I know that it supposedly stops shooting beams when everyone is at 40 insanity or less, but it seems to take a minute or so for it to register that, so you still get shot by a few before they stop. I've seen people with immunities, like Ice Block or Divine Shield pop them when they hit 40 so they don't get hit by those extras before it winds down and stops shooting you, but our group of 4 has no one with an immunity, unfortunately.
    Complete rng, sometimes by the time sara stops casting i have 0 sanity and others 28 and a mixture of different numbers between those 2.

Deleted
    To prevent going insane @ start of ph2 you need to use Salyin Battle Banner which acts as a Feign Death basically, use it at 40 and you'll get to 28 sanity (sometimes you'll drop to 16 tho), just make sure you have something else engaged in combat or it'll reset (I use earth ele).
    One thing that pisses me off about yogg 25 0 it's that there are so many things that can screw you up and every wipe is 10 mins wait for the banner's CD.

Gonna put some more tries whenever i've tries, my best attempt so far is something around 15% but I was nowhere near to a kill due to a bad strategy overall, after some tries i soon realized that adds dmg in ph3 gets unmanageble after the 1st beacon heals them, even while specced into conductivity and in CL spamming, thus leads to the only conclusion (or at least, the only I found) that you need to get into ph3 with 0 tentacles up, waiting the 1st roar and after that use all CDs + BL and nuke the heck out of him b4 the adds gib you (just like the asian mage did) which basically leads to a very long (and frustrating) ph2.

AS for constrictors as ele i found a rather good strategy which is a bit less RNG-dependant:

- A macro as follows : /cleartarget
    /target Constrictor Tentacle
    /cast Earth Shock
    I'm always trying to leave 5+ stacks so it's a oneshot, by rapidly turning your camera and spamming this you'll eventually get half of them or almost during a try.

- When you're unlucky you can get them down with UE / magma totem / EQ / thunderstorm and last but not least Frag belt , it requires to be engi but they're super handy, they to 40k dmg and can crit up to 80k-85k , really lifesavers.

- You can evenyually "tank" crushers tentacles and be flagged as tank AND avoid -20% dmg reduction, you need to meele them every few secs tho. (while flagged as tank you cannot be gripped).

Going like this i've got the brain sub 40% with the room cleared in 1 attempt when i got a really bad grip and i started to get overwhelmed. (ilvl 545 btw)

Deleted
    Well I've made a LK video for shts and giggles, check it out if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAr3Q...ature=youtu.be

Deleted
    Did solo FL earlier (10 normal) and got everything down up to Baleroc (included) as Ele.
    Majordomo hits way to hard and the best i could push was 52% (unbuffed, could probably get 40% with godly RNG and buffs but a kill seems hardly doable atm).
    Also since Baleroc do casts shard of torment (which increase shadow -fire dmg taken by ALOT) and increases your health as well (so that keeping youself up is a trouble) the only way i found to manage him was to use this known bug... (check dps)

If I can get some help at Majo gonna try and see if Ragnaros is doable later during the weekend. (and maybe give some more tries to yoggy 0, with a couple of new ideas...).

Deleted
    What bug is that? 25 stacks of Alys buff? (I see the fixated debuff from the big hatchling adds in there, but doesn't the 1000% dmg only apply to the hatchling itself?)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-07-11 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    What bug is that? 25 stacks of Alys buff? (I see the fixated debuff from the big hatchling adds in there, but doesn't the 1000% dmg only apply to the hatchling itself?)
    Baleroc is considered "an hatchling" while he is in Inferno/Decimation blade for some weird reason taking the full 1000% dmg buff, resulting in insane conductivity heals and him being down whitin a minute or so :P

Deleted
    Did AQ40 on my 87 enh shaman and it was cake until the twin emps, couldn't beat them. Then tried mount hyjal and got the first boss to just under 10% before getting stuck in a double ice block + death and decay with everything on cooldown.

Really nice thread though, going to clear everything in vanilla/BC at 90 for sure.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also did quite a lot of attempts on yogg0 25 man (about a 100) before I called it quits for now. Basically, in order.

-It requires good amount of RNG for the brain phase. The best way is to end phase 2 in the very first brain phase. For that, the best way is the ICC brain for Chain Lightning and then you can have 40 seconds of Heroism on the brain which you need if you are at my item level (531 with cape).

-Be smart, stand close to a Crusher of Corrupter tentacle. If you are getting gripped, do some cleaving damage, like Chain Lightning, so you free yourself faster. Always make sure you have magma totem up, this helps tremendously. Totemic Projection can be used even if you are gripped where as Magma Totem tend to not work.

-Be lucky with that freaking Psychosis.

-Phase 3 is the phase I do not see a way yet other than doing godly DPS. It is not so much the amount of adds, but it's the beacon that heals the god amount of adds. You have to do an insane amount of DPS to keep them low. The first beacon should be done by keeping them all low. The second one should be tanked by your Earth Elemental (they can all be taunted) + your own cooldowns when your earth elemental dies. The third beacon, you should run away (preferably with nitro boosts), but even then, it takes 20 seconds and you have to kite them in a way they do not heal Yogg-Saron.

In all cases, it seems you have to nuke Yogg hard in phase 3 while ensuring you DPS the adds as well and the fact you got to turn away and there is a 5 second silence from Yogg-Saron within a certain amount of time. That resulted in me not having enough DPS. I wasn't able to chain Chain Lightning Yogg with the adds, I had to specifically target adds, which I did during Lunatic Gaze.

-Also, clear all the Corrupters and Crushers at the begin of phase 3, especially Corrupters, as they can be really annoying through phase 3.

For me, I'll try again in patch 5.4. For now though, unless you have godly DPS, it is not possible yet as elemental.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Just managed to solo Madness of deathwing 10man normal, very easy solo as elemental, atleast with my ilv: 548

Quote Originally Posted by yakoo View Post
    Just managed to solo Madness of deathwing 10man normal, very easy solo as elemental, atleast with my ilv: 548
    This can also be done as Enhancement, and it's retardedly easy.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele or enha can solo ultraxion 10N?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbeer View Post
    I haven't managed to do it yet. Someone else might have. :P
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    I could try the next time i go through there.Did it with a friend yesterday and only thought about soloing madness,which was a letdown in every way

Deleted
    I'd say impossible in current tier.
    538ilv enhance, managed to get it down to 51% before it casted that Fading Light and after that he blew the npcs up.
    Even if that wasnt used, the dmg going out is very high and gets too high in the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    I'd say impossible in current tier.
    538ilv enhance, managed to get it down to 51% before it casted that Fading Light and after that he blew the npcs up.
    Even if that wasnt used, the dmg going out is very high and gets too high in the end.
    Can't you use the extra button to avoid fading light killing you?.Seen tanks solo it,but understand that the dmg may be too intense in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by yakoo View Post
    Can't you use the extra button to avoid fading light killing you?.Seen tanks solo it,but understand that the dmg may be too intense in the end.
    The button still won't stop the damage from Hour of Twilight though. If you're soloing, you need to soak those, and they hit for around 300k if I remember right. Considering a 300k hit will hurt like hell, on top of Ultraxion's melee, it's easy to see why it's not doable for a non-tank class right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    The button still won't stop the damage from Hour of Twilight though. If you're soloing, you need to soak those, and they hit for around 300k if I remember right. Considering a 300k hit will hurt like hell, on top of Ultraxion's melee, it's easy to see why it's not doable for a non-tank class right now.
    With Shammy rage and SBT, Hour only hit for 68k. It was quite hard to keep up after Hour, so I dont see it being possible, as the ticking damage was hitting roughly 150k per tick.

Deleted
    Might be a bit off topic seeing as it's about 5.4 changes, but it's still higly relevant for soloing. Has Blizzard said anything about the conductivity change? Was the intention to buff it, or nerf it? I don't really understand it.

PvP change? PvE change? A change just for shits and giggles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchy View Post
    Might be a bit off topic seeing as it's about 5.4 changes, but it's still higly relevant for soloing. Has Blizzard said anything about the conductivity change? Was the intention to buff it, or nerf it? I don't really understand it.

PvP change? PvE change? A change just for shits and giggles?

The intention was to buff it.Conductivity currently is never an option in a raid as it's much weaker than the other 2 talents.

It has always been on top when soloing tho and what the buff does is that you only have to put it down once and when you cast lightning bolt/stormstrike it increases the duration on healing rain by 3 sec,which means you don't have to recast it ever.

It really benefits elemental soloing as it's annoying that you have to recast your healing rain all the time.Enhancement has it easier as they can instant cast it,but it really is great news for all shamans