Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I have a hard time to solo things as a elemental in NAxx and Illidan + the annoying 3 headed boss that keeps silencing in BT....

I get So much damage it is not even fun. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Phurexx/simple
    one of the heads is reflecting damage done on you... Spirit Shock now has a 12sec cd so you can interrupt each cast and not get blinded.

Came back to the game a few weeks ago and headed into Ulduar 25 to do some soloing to try and get some more Val'anyr Fragments. Had a load of wipes to FL while trying to work out a working strategy, finally got it except now all the vehicles are bugged and I can't shoot pyrite any more!! Frustrating, so I headed into Naxx 25 instead:

Sapphiron - really easy, moved out of the rains but probably didn't even need to do that.

Spider Quarter completed easy, with Arachnophbia and Momma Said Knock You Out! both picked up (only really raided 10m so didn't have lots of these achievements).

Plague Quarter also very easy, didn't get Spore Loser because something killed a spore - I'm not sure what because I'd cancelled Lightning Shield and didn't use FE/EE or Flame Shock (didn't think about LL glyph until I'd already started the fight). Will go back in at some point to pick up this achievement and will literally just use SS, LL, ES and LB. Was probably wolves or searing totem, will ignore them as well next time.

Military Quarter - had a wipe on Razuvius, just had to be a bit more careful than I was - started with Earth Elemental, hard nuke on Raz, but using CL instead of LB and Fire Novas in rotational gaps. Cycled defensive cooldowns and kept bursting as much as possible, got a bit hairy at one point but eventually dropped. Gothik was easy, 4 Horsemen was easy enough although I mistimed it and didn't get "And they would all go down together"

Construct Quarter - Had a load of wipes to Patchwerk, just does way too much damage right now - am focusing on getting a few upgrades and finally gemming/enchanting/reforging my gear (only been doing LFR since return so haven't bothered with all this stuff). Having trouble getting my EE to stay in place to help soak Hateful Strikes - got PE so should be more controlled but I keep getting aggro and my EE heads to Patchwerk's behind. Will try that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by zylya View Post
    Came back to the game a few weeks ago and headed into Ulduar 25 to do some soloing to try and get some more Val'anyr Fragments. Had a load of wipes to FL while trying to work out a working strategy, finally got it except now all the vehicles are bugged and I can't shoot pyrite any more!! Frustrating, so I headed into Naxx 25 instead:
    Just wanted to jump in, and say that you can do FL normal on 10man with basically no effort at all if you have a demo. I would imagine 25normal would be just as easy to do. If you tried hardmode, that definitely will take quite a bit of setup time, and as you mentioned there is a chance for them to bug, or even randomly blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho42 View Post
    Just wanted to jump in, and say that you can do FL normal on 10man with basically no effort at all if you have a demo. I would imagine 25normal would be just as easy to do. If you tried hardmode, that definitely will take quite a bit of setup time, and as you mentioned there is a chance for them to bug, or even randomly blow up.
    you may think that blowup is not random cuz he got like 30s fixate timer, and while you're changing vehicle, if FL tries to change his target, he cannot find a vehicle with rider and goes evade, which cause vehicles to blow

--upd
    the best strategy on 25normal for me was like that:
    Position urself like I draw on picture: http://imm.io/1fhId
    Start on left demolisher, do 3 stacks on pull, then refresh them before like 3-4s before they're going down. When FL comes close to you, start spamming button2 again. When you goes out of energy, jump out of demolisher, use some personals like astral shift or shamanistic and run to the chopper (note that you can't ride vehicles while in wolf form), use chopper's sprints, ride to the second demolisher and repeat.
    The most difficult place in this tactics is changing vehicle from first demolisher to chopper cuz you may just die from boss' damage.
    Last edited by kleshenki; 2013-08-16 at 06:23 AM.

What I found was that changing vehicles caused him to destroy them all, however if he destroyed the vehicle I could jump into a new one no problems. Also, two full rounds of pyrite wasn't enough to bring him down, so I had 3 demos set up, all ready to go, except by the time I got to this conclusion and set it up, none of the demolishers would shoot pyrite. Whenever I pressed it, it would just say "Another action is in progress"

Deleted
    Re-solo'd LK HC 25 with AG instead of conductivity. Much much less stressful to solo it with. Still 3~ mins left on enrage. So SBT / X / CoE / EM / AG / PE.

Probably could of been a full minute faster than last time, but I got frostmourned at 11% - http://i.imgur.com/MZX0Gp9.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentist View Post
    Re-solo'd LK HC 25 with AG instead of conductivity. Much much less stressful to solo it with. Still 3~ mins left on enrage. So SBT / X / CoE / EM / AG / PE.

Probably could of been a full minute faster than last time, but I got frostmourned at 11% - http://i.imgur.com/MZX0Gp9.jpg
    What ilvl are you in and where did you spent most of your MSW to heal yourself (Surge/Rain)?

My biggest worry bout LK25hc right now is if we still have DPS for the enrage timer now since RPPM got nerfed, EM+PE combo got axed and SB|SS/LvL now hit like wet noodles.

What I found was that changing vehicles caused him to destroy them all, however if he destroyed the vehicle I could jump into a new one no problems. Also, two full rounds of pyrite wasn't enough to bring him down, so I had 3 demos set up, all ready to go, except by the time I got to this conclusion and set it up, none of the demolishers would shoot pyrite. Whenever I pressed it, it would just say "Another action is in progress"
    Just do it on 10 man then run out and change it to 25 man. 10 man is cake, takes one demo with full pyrite and he'll die before he touches you. Still, I hate FL as it takes so bloody long just to get to him and he only needs to die so I can get to the next bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    What ilvl are you in and where did you spent most of your MSW to heal yourself (Surge/Rain)?

My biggest worry bout LK25hc right now is if we still have DPS for the enrage timer now since RPPM got nerfed, EM+PE combo got axed and SB|SS/LvL now hit like wet noodles.
    On live? I thought those changes were coming in 5.4?

Deleted
    =

546 atm with a 522 ring ;_;. Think I surged once when shamanistic rage was on cd and spirits pummeled me.

Other than that majority of my MSW stacks were HR's. Our 4-piece is so much fun with the wolves cd. Doubt I'll be giving that up in T16.

I can try on PTR later but the results will be skewed as I get an error trying to copy my character, so I'm stuck with a premade who only has the trinkets / tier T16. The rest is 522 pvp gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    On live? I thought those changes were coming in 5.4?
    Sorry did not express myself correctly. I meant solo for 5.4 not 5.3.

Sorry did not express myself correctly. I meant solo for 5.4 not 5.3.

I'll notice no difference I assume. I'm already using AS/UF and AG.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Basically demolishers have like 500-600k hp, and when you ride it it's like 5.5m+ cuz of gear scaling, and pyrite damage scales too So when you get out of demo, it just get 1shot from FL cleave

- - - Updated - - -

Did Hodir25 today, he disabled hardmode when he got like 5m, so Hodir 25HC should be easily doable with smth like 540+ gear, including good knowledge of fight mechanics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblelol View Post
    Basically demolishers have like 500-600k hp, and when you ride it it's like 5.5m+ cuz of gear scaling, and pyrite damage scales too So when you get out of demo, it just get 1shot from FL cleave

- - - Updated - - -

Did Hodir25 today, he disabled hardmode when he got like 5m, so Hodir 25HC should be easily doable with smth like 540+ gear, including good knowledge of fight mechanics

I didn't know it was relevant but im in 547ilvl and I can do just about anything in Ulduar 25 Hardmode with a few exceptions beings Yogg, Thorim cus bugged arena, Algalon and Steelbreaker last Council Member (Can do Steelbreaker-smallguy-Runemaster though)

Everything else including Mimiron hardmode is doable although a P.I.T.A because of the DPS on the head in P4. Ive lasted through 3 minutes inside his enrage but its more or less like walking on thin ice because you have to rotate CDs/Heals and on top of that you need to watch where you do your damage not to mention the whole graphical effect of the room exploding (FPS intense).

I stopped using flasks, food and pots at an ilvl of 539 while still having a comfortable lead on the enrage. So base damage drops which i can probably compensate by week 1 upgrades, the legendary cloak and starting to use buffs again.

On a sidenote, most of my healing is either fs or wolves. You need to use surge or hr very rarely. Just top yourself before infest and use a cd on soulreaper.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

What kind of gear would I need to solo Firelands 10 man all the way to Ragnaros as enh? I thought it'd be fun to try to farm the mount on my own. I'm currently 500, but that's nowhere near what I expect I need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    What kind of gear would I need to solo Firelands 10 man all the way to Ragnaros as enh? I thought it'd be fun to try to farm the mount on my own. I'm currently 500, but that's nowhere near what I expect I need to be.
    You can easily get past everything except Majorhomo Faghelm. (I call him that because the fight is gay.)
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblelol View Post

Honestly you can just zerg him. Free maybe 1-2 of the allies, apart from that just tank and spank. I mean, you have WW totem to get out of the snare, otherwise just keep jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    I stopped using flasks, food and pots at an ilvl of 539 while still having a comfortable lead on the enrage. So base damage drops which i can probably compensate by week 1 upgrades, the legendary cloak and starting to use buffs again.

On a sidenote, most of my healing is either fs or wolves. You need to use surge or hr very rarely. Just top yourself before infest and use a cd on soulreaper.
    Did you use to post on the SRO forums at all ?

Oh, that's great news. So what's the strat to deal with Majorhomo?

And, the glyph setup would be Healing Storm, Feral Spirit, and Lightning Shield I'm assuming?

Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    Oh, that's great news. So what's the strat to deal with Majorhomo?
    There is no strat. I actually don't think he is possible to solo. (For shamans. I know DK's can do it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    There is no strat. I actually don't think he is possible to solo. (For shamans. I know DK's can do it.)
    Aw :/. I'll bring a friend then. Is Rag any harder than the rest?