Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will rogues get a buff

Do rogues get a buff later in this expansion.
    If so please tell .

MOD EDIT: please limit this discussion to something "new", i.e. speculation on talent changes in 5.2. I'd probably have locked this if I'd gotten here early, but this could be constructive. -Muga
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-12-16 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Although I'm the lead combat systems designer and I hold endless amounts of insight regarding the current and the future system changes, I shall refrain from telling you anything!

If you're interested, you better stay tuned.

OK. So what can u tell me

If rogues keep bitching I'm sure they will get a buff. That's how this game works.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    it was more or less of a bitter jab at ghostcrawler

but if there is anything most people don't understand, it's that sometimes it's just better to nerf everyone else than it is to buff them. and that complaining, in actuality, does not grant buffs or nerfs.

I'm a Ret Paladin and a Warrior, my expertise in this field is unmatched by anyone but shamans that aren't resto and balance druids

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    If rogues keep bitching I'm sure they will get a buff. That's how this game works.
    Seeing as the op asked if rogues would get a buff and you called it bitching, here is a shadow priest thread thats been going on for a few weeks for just about the same reasons. I noticed you were a shadow priest so I fit it right to your liking. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ults-and-flaws

Well I play Rogue and I will like to see how my class is doing.

i.. dont think these forums are will know the answer to this. Bliz might not even.

but i'd imagine they will get buffs and nerfs, as thats usually how it works.

Personally, and this is my completly bias opinion, (ive played for a total of like 3 hours of MOP and canceled and left it at that) but had played every single day since Vanilla launched, and from what ive heard from my buddys that still play rogues are "terrible" and from my years of playing, and specially after cata's rogue infestation, I hope that they stay terrible. Every 2-3 patches at least one class gets the short end of the stick, And i think rogues is lonng lonnnnggggg overdo

Quote Originally Posted by Furiex View Post
    Personally, and this is my completly bias opinion, (ive played for a total of like 3 hours of MOP and canceled and left it at that) but had played every single day since Vanilla launched, and from what ive heard from my buddys that still play rogues are "terrible" and from my years of playing, and specially after cata's rogue infestation, I hope that they stay terrible. Every 2-3 patches at least one class gets the short end of the stick, And i think rogues is lonng lonnnnggggg overdo
    Why would you wish unpleasantness on other people? Says more about you than the state of rogues over the years.

On topic: Yes, but I wouldn't count on it happening this season.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2012-12-16 at 04:38 AM.

rogues don't need a buff, everyone else needs a nerf.

also, shadow blades and kspree is lol gibby fun at times
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    rogues don't need a buff, everyone else needs a nerf.

also, shadow blades and kspree is lol gibby fun at times
    No, and both those abilities need to be removed. Neither encourage entertaining gameplay,

Deleted
    We'll get some talent changes no doubt, and hopefully prep will be made baseline.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 05:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    No, and both those abilities need to be removed. Neither encourage entertaining gameplay,
    I think that Shadow blades is ok especially if you use it on its own to stack up eviscerates. It's just a glorified combo point generator. I wish it had some better animations though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    I think that Shadow blades is ok especially if you use it on its own to stack up eviscerates. It's just a glorified combo point generator. I wish it had some better animations though.
    It really isn't. It happens to be a great spell on Combat because of its great synergy with the spec. However, it's very uninteresting for Assassination, a spec that doesn't rely on auto attack damage, or Subtlety, a spec that doesn't need increased combo point generation or armor-bypassing.

Shadow Blades should definitely be looked at again; It needs to either get the Ascendance treatment (Have different effects depending on which spec it's being used in) or be made Combat exclusive, while new cooldowns would be made for Subtlety and Assassination.
    Last edited by mmoc0d3e61e7f2; 2012-12-16 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    It really isn't. It happens to be a great spell on Combat because of its great synergy with the spec. However, it's very uninteresting for Assassination, a spec that doesn't rely on auto attack damage, or Subtlety, a spec that doesn't need increase combo point generation or armor-bypassing.

Shadow Blades should definitely be looked at again; It needs to either get the Ascendance treatment (Have different effects depending on which spec it's being used in) or be made Combat exclusive, while new cooldowns would be made for Subtlety and Assassination.
    ^ this (and 10 characters)

We'll get some talent changes no doubt, and hopefully prep will be made baseline.
    Ghostcrawler claimed we have the most talent changes out of anyone in 5.2. We can only hope they figured out what they want to do on the prep step problem. Theres no just make one baseline as everyone will just take the one thats talent and have both again. If step goes base prep will either be base too or removed.

I'm hoping the lack of mobility buff in 5.1 was because they wanted to make step base but were unsure on what they wanted to do with prep as it would be a big buff to make both base. And they've been nerfing other classes thinking that would fixes things for rogues which hasn't.

But if we really do have tons of talent changes that could go good or bad, I have a feeling we'll be getting a preview very soon™ and find out. Only thing that worries me about if the changes are good if they are talking about nerfing a lot of the new instant and aoe cc. And if rogues get big buffs while all other cc gets nerfed we may get put on that hotfix rollercoaster.
    I wish it had some better animations though.
    It kind of annoyed me in beta when I saw pallys got ashbringer when they used holy avenger and shadow blades was some shit took 2mins of work animation with a weird sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    This 100%, but I think at most we'll just get an animation update on it....

Rogues. It's about time you dirty little bastards get the short end of the stick.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-12-16 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Ghostcrawler claimed we have the most talent changes out of anyone in 5.2. We can only hope they figured out what they want to do on the prep step problem. Theres no just make one baseline as everyone will just take the one thats talent and have both again. If step goes base prep will either be base too or removed.

I'm hoping the lack of mobility buff in 5.1 was because they wanted to make step base but were unsure on what they wanted to do with prep as it would be a big buff to make both base. And they've been nerfing other classes thinking that would fixes things for rogues which hasn't.

But if we really do have tons of talent changes that could go good or bad, I have a feeling we'll be getting a preview very soon™ and find out. Only thing that worries me about if the changes are good if they are talking about nerfing a lot of the new instant and aoe cc. And if rogues get big buffs while all other cc gets nerfed we may get put on that hotfix rollercoaster.
    Rogues aren't viable in PvP due to numerous reasons; buffing us through the roof in one aspect isn't necessarily going to help us out at all. Nerfing the living shit out of everyone else probably will, though.

That said, I, as well, hope they won't fuck up their second chance at talents. They really should fix some of the very apparent issues our tree has. The poison lockout, the mandatory nature of most talents, the uselessness of others, the rehashed talents that were pulled straight out of our old spell-book.... It's an uninteresting, underwhelming and generally useless talent tree. A handful of the talents are mandatory, the rest are negligible.

Ironically, these complaints were abundant during beta... If only they had listened then...

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    No no how this game works is highlighted elegantly with rogues. Nerf the living crap out of them and slowly undo all the unnecessary nerfs slowly over the course of an expansion and call them buffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Yea, just remove those. Who needs burst in PvP nowadays anyways? A match shouldn't end until each healer is totally and completely oom. That's true entertainment...watching two mana pools slowly deplete.