Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Killing Spree is one of my favorite abilities in the game. But it's design is a piece of junk. I would like to see it removed and have Eviscerate buffed to compensate.
    I'm actually slightly puzzled as to why Combat is the spec to have Killing Spree. It doesn't exactly fit the gameplay style of the spec and it kinda ruins the flow of the rotation. It works/looks much more like a Subtlety ability to me.

PvP wise? you should not need it just get ur skills up^^
    Killing stuff in an 8sec stunlock plate or cloth matters not^^

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by Aylie View Post
    While Killing Spree is a trap move and there are times you can't use it, there's also often a lot you can do to make it work the way you want. On most encounters in PvE it's enough to watch boss ability timers to use it safely. Don't use it when magmaws head is about to go up, when ragnaros is about to smash his hammer or when shield is about to go up on heroic spirit kings.

I never PvPd as combat (your warlock + pet example), but you can make sure your KS hits exactly one target. What you need to do is start KS when only the desired target is in range. It does take some awareness + skill to pull it off, but not luck. Sometimes the window of opportunity for KS is really small, but making proper use of it is what I'd call skill - not luck.
    Actually, you can use killing spree when ragnaros is about to smash his hammer. You immune the flame waves--or at least you did during cata--if in the middle of a killing spree. I do not know what would happen if the hammer comes down right where you are.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-12-17 at 02:01 PM.

I honestly don't feel they need a buff at the moment. But who knows with new gear rogues just may end up the top class again anyways. They scale pretty well with gear.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I'm actually slightly puzzled as to why Combat is the spec to have Killing Spree. It doesn't exactly fit the gameplay style of the spec and it kinda ruins the flow of the rotation. It works/looks much more like a Subtlety ability to me.
    I wouldn't call a killing spree subtle either =p

Rather, it sounds more like the name of a skill they'd give warriors than rogues.

Though in all seriousness, yeah KS is a godawful ability that is probably the single most self destructive skill in raids, and to top it all off it's a crucial dps cooldown. Now if it were something more along the lines of an Aura that duplicated your skills used randomly on other (or the same) nearby targets and you had control over your character I'd feel safer using it, but then it would just be boring, like deathknight boring. If it made you untargettable for the duration it would be safer in pvp but then people would scream OP. It's just not a very happy skill no matter how you look at it.

Back to the original topic, I think rogues need work, but I might just be jaded having played one for 6 years. It just doesn't feel shiny and new like playing a healer does each new expac.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    I honestly don't feel they need a buff at the moment. But who knows with new gear rogues just may end up the top class again anyways. They scale pretty well with gear.
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--0-0-0.html

Deleted
    rogue problems is we always suck at the beginning of the expansion because we are one of the biggest gear dependant classes there is. We start of weak, get buffed to improve our numbers then as gear stacks and we become OP again we get nerfed to buggery ready for the next expansion.

The reasons you dont see many rogues in the top teams is simply because people are sick of the ramp up. They dont want to play a class that will be competetive in a couple of tiers worth of gear. They want a class that can hold its own NOW and will improve more over time.

As for GC's claims that we get the most updates in 5.2 ill beleive it when i see it. Every single update for as long as i can recall there has been little to no changes made to rogues.

Personally id say the biggest buff for me as a rogue both in pve and pvp would be to make combo points stack on the rogue and not its target (like palas and monks and dk's).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I don't know. I think it somewhat fits both specs, but I can see where you are coming from. It would be pretty cool to see it get shifted over to Subtlety and instead simply makes you invisible for 3 seconds and get a huge attack speed bonus, maybe make it so you can't use other attacks during it.

I posted the following image somewhere a long time ago as well.

That is the Shadow Dance card from the WoW TCG game. Why in Varian's name don't we have something like that already? Basically what Tsuna said, simply a shadow that copies attacks over to a nearby target, possibly at reduced damage to avoid cries on non-Rogue forums. It seems like a very logical thing to give Rogues. Hell make it a talent, a choice between this on a cooldown for massive cleave damage or Blade Flurry for permanent but lower cleave damage. Might as well include a cleaving poison on the 3rd talent option. There, interesting talents and the whole cleave dilemma solved (after balancing of course).

Rogues don't really need a buff.

I know this will be unpopular, but I really hope they give us a 4th spec and make it a dodge tank. Yes, yes, yes. I know. Rogues shouldn't be tanks. But if you think about it, combat has always been more of a 'stand your ground and hack and slash' spec, so it's not that far fetched to say that Rogues with a nimble tank spec would work for canon.

If they clean up our talent tree I can easily see some of the talents there lending themselves to that type of spec anyways - Combat Readiness is a perfect tank CD as it is. Adding another which is a energy based +25% dodge increase (or maybe +5% dodge per CP) would also fit nicely.

Ive been a Rogue since vanilla. Combat spec has been nearly identical since its inception. They added Revealing strikes and KS, but otherwise it remains virtually unchanged. It'd be really great to get something completely fresh - and having another tank spec in the mix out there benefits everyone equally. We already have a mini-offtank ability with a Druids Symbiosis. Let's take that extra step and just give us a spec based on that.

Of course, this probably won't happen (and most people will hate it I imagine).. I'll gladly accept whatever changes they give us that adds some flavor to the existing setups we have. It's been a long time since I've felt Rogues have been new. I still love the class and still main mine, but something really new would be welcomed.

Rogues need more than just an overall buff. I don't do high end raiding, aside from LFR...so I definitely don't have the numbers or experience with how Rogues perform in this area. .

My beef with Rogue is not the PvE side, in fact in my situation I am quite happy with PvE performance. PvP is where I royally get shat on...most of the time. Unfortunately I like to PvP a lot...but I've had to resort to playing a different class to be successful (as many of us probably have).

I do think Rogues will be tweaked, maybe not necessarily buffed though. ShS baseline is a step in the right direction, as Prep is pretty much a necessity for us. Vanish is needs to be fixed. I really feel my burst is lacking as well, compared to the Mage I also play. Mages are "class canons" I get that, but Rogues are as well. Since I die so fast, I feel that I should be able to put out a ton of pressure to compensate for that...but i don't -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--0-0-0.html

Yeh, not at all.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Hey Subtlety went up to 1.3%! (Think it was 1.1 before)

Deleted
    Scaling is irrelevant, and is the worst way to improve a class, as warriors can attest.

Shitty at the low end- OP at the top end.

Then you have to nerf them when they get too OP, and then it just makes lower geared rogues even more pathetic.

It's no excuse, blizzard needs to address these imbalances.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    In PvP rogues need several buffs. No other class has ever had such difficulties achieving ratings as rogues have this season. We can't even RBG.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 09:47 AM ----------

By the way, this "gear dependency" thing is utter crap. Each expac rogues have started badly- and if they get better, it's only because of relatively massive buffs.

Over BC we saw shadowstep turn from a "used only while stealthed" trick into a real gap closer, we gained the extra range and better cost on sap and blind, and the sword spec change ended up being significant (it became yellow), and a lot of junk stopped breaking stealth (like aoes that do no damage). We also had to get the modern version of cheat death (the original one was just a 30% chance to cheat any attack that would kill you, making it essentially useless), as well as our speed boost in assassination. Essentially every patch was a buff except the one meant to nerf a very cooldown rush oriented spec (HARP's second adren rush).

Over LK we got the modern cooldown on dance (used to be two minutes), we finally got up to the modern speed on deadly throw (it was boosted like three times), we got the modern cooldown on AR and the damage boost on spree, and we got talent based damage boosts to sub.

Over Cata we had some damage buffs and we saw some mid season nerfs a couple times to survival (most notably the linking of combat readiness with cloak, and cloak's base duration raising- I predicted at the time this would leave sub as the only viable rogue spec, and was correct). But the damage buffs were still needed even here in order for rogues to do good damage.

It's about Blizzard fixing the class, not about getting gear from three patches down the road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jball2k View Post

My beef with Rogue is not the PvE side, in fact in my situation I am quite happy with PvE performance. …
    Question is what ‘performance’ means to you ofc.

For me performance is more than just DPS numbers (which are okay)

If I am questing and doing the daily chores, and I see a mob lose 25% health between 2 mutilates, only from autoattacks, I just die a little inside. I do 2-3 special attacks for a total of maybe 40% of a mob’s health, and the rest is done by the Computer.

If I look at the talent tree and see tiers where it doesn’t matter what talent I take, and compare it with my GF, who is a shadow priest, I die a little inside.

If I see my DPS increase with a shit ton, if I get an epic weapon, and know I held back my team before that because I had trouble getting enough sparks down on Elegon due to being energy starved and not getting enough damage in on time, I die a little inside.

If I see me accidentally hitting killing spree on Garalon, and subsequently see a raid member killed because of the Crush that happens because I ended up in the purple circle, I die a little inside.
    (Admitted it is somehow a payback of me getting killed several times because other people fuck up, but still)

If I see other classes having major raid cooldowns, and compare it to my Tricks of the trade (because let’s face it, it is the only thing we can actively add to the raid, except for own survivability cooldowns) I die a little inside.

If I see the visuals of other classes (although some of them are over the top, and I wish I could turn them off and see a boss instead of a lit christmas tree) and then look at shadow blades, of which I barely notice it is there, I die a little inside.

Like you said: we don’t need damage buffs, but we need serious tweaking in damage sources, activity,gear dependency, talent trees AND visuals.
    Last edited by mmoc7f082fdd70; 2012-12-18 at 10:35 AM.

Sub and Combat will get a buff. I very much doubt Assassination will.