Help for a new level 90?

Hey guys, due to RL stuff I finally got my first level 90. Anyways, now that I am trying to get gear I am finding it next to impossible. I tried doing battlegrounds but I would say 99% of the time its just me and a bunch of bots... and the few times there are other players they are premades I get kicked because they all complain I am not in full pvp gear and use the afk report to boot me. So I decided to try heroics... and the same problem, since I have no epics I get vote kicked almost immediately. My guild has suggested doing however I think I might have been able to complete one due the roaming gangs of horde that can one shot me (700k chaos bolt wtf). So... is there another way to at least get a high enough item level to try LFR without spending 99999999 gold on the AH?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe you when you say
    So I decided to try heroics... and the same problem, since I have no epics I get vote kicked almost immediately
    . I don't believe you because I do heroics on all of my alts, many of which have a 430 - 450 item level as I'm slowly building their gear. I have never been kicked. I find it incredibly surprising that people would just start kicking you at the start of every dungeon because you're not geared in 496+.

Do heroics and dailies. Get VP, buy epics from the reps to hit 460, then start running the first LFR. Or, level an alt's profession for BS/LW/T and craft yourself the 476's.

Deleted
    As someone who also hit 90 this week, all I can say is you can do HCs fine in quest reward gear.

HCs are really pretty easy this time around, maybe even easier than in wrath. From I've seen you'd have to screw up pretty hard to get kicked. If your so worried about gear, do normals first. But like I said, once you can queue for hcs you're ready for them and I've been doing them in greens without complaints.

OK I guess I was just unlucky with the people I grouped with, thanks for the replies guys, will try again later when I get a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Hey guys, due to RL stuff I finally got my first level 90. Anyways, now that I am trying to get gear I am finding it next to impossible. I tried doing battlegrounds but I would say 99% of the time its just me and a bunch of bots... and the few times there are other players they are premades I get kicked because they all complain I am not in full pvp gear and use the afk report to boot me. So I decided to try heroics... and the same problem, since I have no epics I get vote kicked almost immediately. My guild has suggested doing however I think I might have been able to complete one due the roaming gangs of horde that can one shot me (700k chaos bolt wtf). So... is there another way to at least get a high enough item level to try LFR without spending 99999999 gold on the AH?
    Really strange, I started my current main just months before MoP; as such, I too was a brand new 90. I leveled my way to heroics, not really an epic but for the Klaxxi necklace I bought with my first batch of Valor points. Never got kicked out even when my DPS wasn't the best. Maybe it's your realm? Feathermoon has worked fine for me.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try telling us the actual story as to why you get vote-kicked and we'll give you actual advice.

In the mean time, Scenarios can now reward up to ilvl 476 items for each slot with a random stat roll but can still reward 450s at the very least. Since they take about 10 - 15 minutes to do and provide a trickle of vp and jp, run those too.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.