Poll: What race(s) do you think Blizzard dropped the ball on most?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    She's never been stupid and that is perhaps one of the biggest problems with her atm is that she is most definitely portrayed as such with 5.1 giving her a star role in a scenario to showcase this.
    She's occasionally rash and is certainly an impulsive character but she would never be stupid or dumb in how she rationalised her actions and executed them hence why she has been the position she is in for so long.

Don't get me wrong I myself prefer Druids and Malfurion, but my personal taste shouldn't mean their story suddenly gets transformed because of it, not to mention how Tyrande still remains the main Night Elf leader whereas Malfurion is still driven by his Druidic duties.
    Well, what Varian did was exactly the same as what Mal did many times to Tyrande. She is kind of "act before think" character so I don't see a problem with Varian showing her how it should be done for the best. It's not like she was thoughtful in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably worgen or night elves. Both got defanged horribly to fit into the "Lawful Good Overdrive" theme Blizzard are pushing for the Alliance.

lor'themar...until this patch

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to go with Blood Elves, until this patch. Even seeing a little bit of story development for them is encouraging, and I can't wait to see more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted draenei, worgen, tauren, goblins.

Draenei are obvious and have been explained previously so no need to do it here.

And goblins got the draenei treatment! "Extensive starter zone, joined the faction, now we're friends, the end." Their entire involvement now is about SPECIFIC NPCs that couldn't have their roles filled by other races. For goblins, it's demolition people. Explosives and snooty rich people who want to get their hands dirty. You never just meet, like, a goblin warrior who's there to fight. It's ALWAYS a smart or rich guy trying to blow something up because that's their whole purpose, or trying to swindle you into making them a profit.

Tauren, which I didn't see mentioned a whole lot in the few pages I skimmed through, are also pretty damn shafted. Cata introduced nothing but a whole line of tragedies for them, and then... that's it. They don't ever really pick back up. Krasarang's got a settlement filled with them with even more tragedies lined up in it (Spoiler: of the 3 main "characters" in this hub, two of them die. And the brother of one of them also dies.) And then Domination Point quests? The tauren involvement is so piddly it's OFFENSIVE. Baine shows up twice to say "Man, I don't like what's going on here. Let me make an ancient brew so you can have a vision that I read about in a panda book." And then, you know, he poofs. PURPOSE SERVED, MYSTICAL COW MAN. I wish there was more from him, especially because the Grimtotem are still around, Magatha isn't dead and has a supremely powerful artifact, and, you know, Garrosh Hellscream killed his dad.

And the worgen? Freaking christ, I can't even begin. They shouldn't have been an Alliance race. I hate their lore, it's horrible. I hate that they don't have tails. They look pretty stupid. The females don't even get to change their stupid faces. The way they run is bad, they have bad voicework, they aren't explored AT ALL in later quest zones (and I don't mean Silverpine, I mean like, after the worgen-centric zones I can think of one worgen settlement in the Blasted Lands and then two worgen NPCs outside of that one, in Ashenvale. Oh yeah and the one guy in Winterspring.) I was so excited when the Worgen were introduced as a race because I've loved wolves and werewolves especially my whole life, but then each announcement or preview about them made my happiness wane more and more until, now, I just hate the crap out of 'em. Boring, unoriginal, unexplored, wasted potential.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

She's never been stupid and that is perhaps one of the biggest problems with her atm is that she is most definitely portrayed as such with 5.1 giving her a star role in a scenario to showcase this..
    It started in wc3, when I was playing nelf campaign I was telling myself "What a fucking idiot" at least twice per mission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It started in wc3, when I was playing nelf campaign I was telling myself "What a fucking idiot" at least twice per mission.
    Even when you beat your enemies?
    WC3 portrays her as impulsive, yet she damn well knows what she's doing. Back then if she wanted to do something she did it, regardless of what somebody said eg. freeing Illidan. Now it's just her stamping her feet at Varian on being to told "Hush Tyrande!".

Even when you beat your enemies?
    It was not much of "defeating" them, more like trying to make her way through infinite numbers to Hyjal.

Also remember that one moment where she and Malfurion were watching orcs and humans fighting undead while Tyrande was like "meh, kill them all, we are ok alone". Reminds me of certain scenario in patch 5.1...

Stay away from my male blood elves. I couldn't play the game seriously until TBC because every other male race is a hooknosed eyesore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Well, what Varian did was exactly the same as what Mal did many times to Tyrande.
    Exactly, which is the problem. Because that wasn't originally the case.
    What did she do when Mal told her and forbid her from freeing Illidan? She damn well did it, and freed him.

She is kind of "act before think" character so I don't see a problem with Varian showing her how it should be done for the best.
    You don't see a problem with a thousand year old Night Elf who has fought and lead the Night Elves for countless centuries have to be told that that attacking a fortified position head first is a bad idea?

Again it isn't the "Lets kill them now!" part, it's the total disregard for strategy and the fact she just let Varian walk all over her.

It's not like she was thoughtful in the past.
    Not in her motives no, but she was in her execution. As I pointed out above ever since WoW started her story has been littered with her being put in the dog house whenever somebody else shows up even though that is exactly not what she did in WC3.

You don't see a problem with a thousand year old Night Elf who has fought and lead the Night Elves for countless centuries have to be told that that attacking a fortified position head first is a bad idea?

Again it isn't the "Lets kill them now!" part, it's the total disregard for strategy and the fact she just let Varian walk all over her.
    Night Elves were isolated since ever. Only thing they fought after the Sundering were troll tribes, satyrs and bugs, the last one kicking their unprepared ass majorly. They dont know anything about tactics, they grew weak, soft and lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves were isolated since ever. Only thing they fought after the Sundering were troll tribes, satyrs and bugs, the last one kicking their unprepared ass majorly. They dont know anything about tactics, they grew weak, soft and lame.
    So she "just forgot" that charging headlong at a fortification was a bad idea?
    I don't buy it.

So she "just forgot" that charging headlong at a fortification was a bad idea?
    I don't buy it.
    Did she ever face fortification in her life?

Face the truth, Night Elves spent most of their lifetime frolicking around the woods and hunting beasts. Not much of training from that.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-12-16 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did she ever face fortification in her life?
    It's common sense.
    You don't need to be an ace military strategist to realise charging blindly at a fortified position is bad.

You don't need to be an ace military strategist to realise charging blindly at a fortified position is bad.
    Unless you are immortal idiot with superiority complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you are immortal idiot
    Which again she never has been which is why portraying her such is just frustrating. Come to think of it what has she done since WoW started that's actually made a leader people would like?

with superiority complex.
    Not anymore, they had to remove her fangs for whatever reasons.

A crying shame really.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-16 at 05:29 PM.

most classes are letdowns imo, blizz seems to rly only care about orcs, humans and forsaken.

Definatly worgen. The only time their lore actually progressed was in their 1-12 starting zone, but afterwards NOTHING happens further. Except for a worgen liberation front in Silverpine, which only low level Hordies can experience.

Blood elves also get a nomination. In TFT they atleast looked strong and fierce, being able to whipe out large Scourge bases with only a small army. In WoW, all they do is begging for help, and their males look and act way to g**

Dpends on what you mean by letdown.

IF you mean model/graphics wise I would say Worgen
    If you mean lorewise I would say Draenei

Though to be honest nightelfs come in a close 2nd on worst looking
    And the progression of their society has really gone down the shitter since they were savage in wc3 and now just a bunch of smelly hippies.

I don't know how people think the Blood Elves need more lore development, when they clearly have enough. Gnomes and the Draenei deserve more development than any other race, sadly.

Draenei have more potential than any other race due to their vague culture.
    Last edited by Norgannon the Dreamweaver; 2012-12-16 at 08:18 PM.