Thread: Android update

Android update

First of all, I'm aware this is the "Computer" forum, but I couldn't find a more appropriate place to post this, so forgive me if it's in the wrong section :x. Onto the question: I've been trying to update my Galaxy Nexus this morning (currently on Android 4.0.4), and whenever I open up the System Update, it just says "Downloading - 160.3MB", then changes into "Verification Failed" instantly, and then it goes back to "Downloading", ad infinitum. Any thoughts on what I might have to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Try these steps
    i) Force stop the Google Services Framework.
    ii)Clear data of Google Services Framework
    iii) Go to System Updates and check again

And make sure you are on a WiFi connection.

Can the device be connected to your PC with a Wired Connection (USB?) if so, you could install the Kies software from Samsung and update it through that. Worked flawlessly with my Galaxy SIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailertrash View Post
    Try these steps
    i) Force stop the Google Services Framework.
    ii)Clear data of Google Services Framework
    iii) Go to System Updates and check again

And make sure you are on a WiFi connection.
    Could be the WiFi thing. I'll try it and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Can the device be connected to your PC with a Wired Connection (USB?) if so, you could install the Kies software from Samsung and update it through that. Worked flawlessly with my Galaxy SIII.
    Tried Kies, but the Galaxy Nexus doesn't seem to work with it (judging from both my experience and google).
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

I can't believe I forgot to reply here >_< I did end up updating my phone through wifi, but it only went as far as 4.1.1, and I was hoping I could get 4.2 on it. Clicking the update button says that it's up to date. Any ideas what might be going on?

Quote Originally Posted by montanaman View Post
    Is your phone rooted?
    I have no clue what that even means.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I can't believe I forgot to reply here >_< I did end up updating my phone through wifi, but it only went as far as 4.1.1, and I was hoping I could get 4.2 on it. Clicking the update button says that it's up to date. Any ideas what might be going on?
    Even if Google releases a new version of Android, it's still your operator that decides if and/or when the new update gets pushed out to you.

Oh, well now I feel like an idiot for not knowing that >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I have no clue what that even means.
    People used to buy Android over Apple because they were open source, and you could further this control by rooting the phones (meaning you could remove all blotware and add in ad blockers etc).

I guess this means people are buying Android gadgets these days for the simple fact they are awesome. This is good to hear.

Once you see how much more control over your music and films and how they are interchangeble between PC, USB and other gadgets, coupled with the fact you can get very awesome screen sizes, you'll never go back to Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydiddlydoo View Post
    Once you see how much more control over your music and films and how they are interchangeble between PC, USB and other gadgets, coupled with the fact you can get very awesome screen sizes, you'll never go back to Apple.
    I've never even been there (proudly, might I add) :3